Tuesday, August 20, 2019

White knuckle trip to my parents/sharing the wealth/the last will be first

A cute one taken in Lourdes a year ago when we were in France with the 21 from our family for Hallel's final vows!
The real reason behind the pose is they are mimicking St Bernadette with her opposite pose behind them.  St Bernadette would certainly ponder the work of Mary through her appearing many times to this humble uneducated poor girl.

The words of the Gospel coming to life - the last shall be first!
Hallel no longer wears her cross, which she wore since her first vows... she is kissing the Lamb before Little Sister Marie placed it around her neck as a sign of her being professed to her spouse, Jesus Christ!  "I promise unto death!"
The Lanoue bunch in Lourdes a year ago.  Luke and Joy were at home with Paul's parents.''

I arrived here at my parents shortly before lunch.  As luck would have it as soon as I got to the crazy traffic close to the Cities on super fast freeways... I hit total darkness and torrential rains from a thunder storm.  Even with my wipers going full force... I could barely see and with all the traffic including trucks all around me... it was truly white knuckle driving.  Many cars pulled over with flashers under the overpasses or on the shoulder, but I just slowly crawled forward rather than pulling off.  Getting my exits and entrances took prayers and intervention from above.  The beads were gripped against the wheel along with a tight grip.  I am still shaking and grateful to get here in one piece although my peace of mind will take a while to come back to me.
 We had a rainy time in Lourdes which led to close family time sharing shelter under the umbrella!

I am taking advantage of my parents' faster internet to use some of the wonderful pictures from Ruth and Nancy in our times in France a year ago.  Today was the day that we returned to civilization and I finally had internet to share some of our amazing pictures and deeply powerful times sharing our Faith as a family!
The statue of Our Lady of Lourdes in the grotto where she appeared to St Bernadette!

Rose and Bernadette will soon both be 7... this was when Nancy lived with us for the month of June.

It has been a special time for us kids to have with my parents in their home.  I have been blessed with days over the last few years as I live 4 hours away and my husband allows me to come and have a chunk of time with them when it works out.  But since the last hospitalization of my dad we have not been leaving them alone in their home for much more than a few hours.  This has allowed others of my siblings to have days with them.  Special times indeed!
Therese and the 3 little girls including her little sister, Evangeline.  I think we have curly hair passed on in the family, but all colored hair - blond, brunette, and red!  LOVE!

When we are here for our days we are starting to notice that mom has a need to be asking us to take some of her things with us as we head for home.  
everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters
or father or mother or children or lands
for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more,
and will inherit eternal life.
But many who are first will be last, and the last will be first."
Matthew 19 - the Gospel today speaks of how mom is stepping away from her material things and has her eyes focused on the eternal LIFE she longs for with her Lord, her Lady, Mary the Mother of God, the Saints including St Edith Stein and many others close to her heart, her son, Lincoln, her daughter, Mary and on and on.  At 90 and dad at 94 a lot of their friends have died and most all of their families!
Mom sent this icon she painted of Mary, Jesus and John on barn wood.  She pointed out to me that she left the side untouched to preserve the fact that it was a piece of wood from our barn in Wisconsin.  I will cherish is for my days here on earth and then gift it to one of mine!  I do appreciate that much of my parents humble "wealth" is deep in faith filled meaning which is putting our love of Jesus and His Bride, The Church foremost in our lives!


Jesus, how we cherish times sharing our wealth of Faith!  May we always place you first in our lives and families.  Thank you for being with me on the trip up here.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb and family always in my heart!  Praying my 10 decades of the rosary and chaplet of Mercy brought them each into my heart/inner temple in my chapel on wheels!
Joy in her pig ears last year at the State Fair!  She is now 2 and got all her teeth and starting to talk more!
Image may contain: 1 person, text

No comments:

Post a Comment