Joy and I even brought the baby kitten along and it perched on Mary's shoulder. It seems that there is usually a cute kitten in the pictures.
My loaded wagon waits while I snap away the memory of this late crazy year we have had like no other!
Fresh air or should we say cold and brisk wind!
Mom and dad knew to give in to me... so they took a few minutes to get out of their tractors. Luke in grandma's jacket as he forgot to bring his in the hurry.
Please can we get this over with!!! is the title of this one!
I find myself filled with the realization that I am a piece of work and have a lot of improving to do in my life. It has made a lot of my inspiration evaporate and a sense of dread take over. The words of St Paul to the Romans today in Romans 11 did ring a small bell within me as it is how I begin my prayers morning and night...
"...by virtue of the mercy shown to you,
they too may now receive mercy.
For God delivered all to disobedience,
that he might have mercy upon all." Romans 11
This is how I pray for this in my own words; "May I return to others the unconditional love and mercy I have been given. Most especially to those the closest to me."
We only had one more round to take off the field, so this was cutting it very close.
How can I be critical of others when I see with the eyes of my heart how much I need to change and do better? The realization that I am still loved by my Lord and His Mother takes me to her Immaculate heart and cares for me and takes my needs to her Son. I am filled to overflowing each day with so much from my wonderful Church - today Jesus comes to me in Word and Sacrament, His Mother bends her loving ear to me in the rosary, St Charles Borromeo is celebrated today and lifts my thoughts and prayers to him and all the Saints that are gathered with Jesus in heaven forever.... how I pray for that day to come for myself!
This fills me with so much HOPE and LOVE and the Mercy that comes to me unconditionally, yet I long to return what I have been given to all those around me. The hardest are those the closest to me!
How I need to cling to this Truth and incorporate it better in my life! "Wounded I will never cease to love." The Cross is described by this and the spotless Lamb, who died for me! Talk about LOVE and Mercy that made the Cross into the Tree of LIFE!
Appropriate that we gathered under the Most Cherished Cross just as we were to leave Hallel and our family of the Lamb! By embracing our Most Cherished Cross we find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Jesus, today in the Gospel you tell us to invite"...Rather, when you hold a banquet,
invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;
blessed indeed will you be because of their inability to repay you.
For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous." Yes, Lord we cannot expect to be treated any way special in return for our showing others the Mercy we have been given by you. There is often no acknowledgment of our struggles to love them in return. The hurt might continue, yet we are called to forgive and show them unconditional love and forgiveness over and over and over. The Lamb is our model and our Truth in the face of all that hurts us, add to that our own weakness and sinfulness. We are so blessed to have the Sacrament of Reconciliation there for us as often as we need. Your nail scarred hands open to us to embrace us with your LOVE! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
“Would you like me to teach you how to grow from virtue to virtue
and how, if you are already recollected at prayer, you can be even
more attentive next time, and so give God more pleasing worship? Listen, and I will tell you.
If a tiny spark of God’s love already burns within you,
do not expose it to the wind, for it may get blown out.
Keep the stove tightly shut
so that it will not lose its heat and grow cold.
In other words, avoid distractions as well as you can.
Stay quiet with God.
Do not spend your time in useless chatter.”
St. Charles Borromeo
Italy ~ 1538 -1584
Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal
Towering figure of the Catholic Reformation
Key player - Council of Trent
Lived life of great humility and austerity,
always striving for holiness
Patron saint of catechists and seminarians
Feast Day - November 4












No comments:
Post a Comment