The two Judes pose with Joy in front of grandma's favorite picture window on this cold snowy early November day. We are all sad to see such a short fall after having a short spring, too! Ruth was just saying that she feels like it was short on both ends!
Melt my heart so much!
Dinosaurs on Jude's shirt, and a chubby unicorn on Joy's baby Jude shirt.
Jude playing with a 2 1/2 year old girl, and...
Strange things happen that make grandma smile and snap too many pictures! The two Judes hanging out and girliefied!
The chickens didn't want to get their toes in the cold snow!Big sister, Therese, 3 years ago in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri holding her baby sister whom we welcomed little Evangeline Mary home from NICU in St Louis Children's hospital.
The memory came up this morning and reading through the comments my heart was touched to read one from my sister-in-law, Ida, who was helping her mom at the time. She commented that the dark hair reminded my mother-in-law of her babies, and how much she was looking forward to meeting her. I think that happened spiritually when Maria and family came to her funeral in December about a month later.
There is no doubt in my mind and heart that my amazing "mom Verly" is still involved in our lives from heaven as she was such a huge part of our lives as we farmed with them and she taught me all I know about being a farm wife as I was as city girl come to the farm!
Another memory from yesterday of baby Luke 6 years ago! He and Evie were both born on Nov 1st, All Saints Day, 3 years apart! The new snow was such a pretty backdrop for this snuggly sweet boy!
A similar sight for us to behold on this same date 6 years later!
Some snow pictures...
Out to the chickens and wishing that I had boots on!
There was a quote from Mother Angelica yesterday that just kept rolling around in my heart, mind and soul...

I had recently been upset by what someone close to me pointed out about myself. But now I see that they were taking it upon themselves to tell me the truth about myself, and that it was really a loving thing to do! It shook some sense into me and I made some big changes, that I am trying to keep at with small steps each day at a time!
It was a huge piece of humble pie, but we all know that we are called to be humble in order for us to die to our selfishness so that The Lord can work in us and take control. Pondering how this piece of pie was served to me... it might taste sour or bitter or rotten in some way, but rather it tastes like apple! That fruit portrayed as the apple that Eve ate and gave to Adam... my indulgent sinfulness was revealed to me!
Jude loves his tongue!
Realizing that some of the hurtful things said and pointed out were for my betterment... the words from the Psalm 27 today ring like a bell!
The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom should I fear?
The LORD is my life's refuge;
of whom should I be afraid?
R. I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
One thing I ask of the LORD;
this I seek:
To dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
That I may gaze on the loveliness of the LORD
and contemplate his temple.
R. I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD with courage;
be stouthearted, and wait for the LORD.
R. I believe that I shall see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
I need have no fear or be afraid of the Truth in my life! It is there out of love to help me down the narrow path, and if I go off the path Jesus will come looking for me... the lost sheep, and set me on His shoulders and bring me back to the fold! Yes, I might have cuts and bruises from brambles and rocks and stumbling and falling in my weakness and sinfulness, but "Wounded, I will never cease to love!"
John getting the fence ready to bring home the cows!!!
Heading towards home in the cold and the snow!
Herding them in pickups and 4 wheelers...
Home is in sight!
Now the cows come across the road in the cold. A lot of time in the cold yesterday!
The last of the cows come home. They are now in the yard and Pat and Paul must feed them daily. No more out on the pastures thanks to early cold and snow.
The Gospel for today is one that reveals the LOVE Jesus has for us, and if we stray He comes to rescue us!
when he does find it,
he sets it on his shoulders with great joy
and, upon his arrival home,
he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them,
'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.'
I tell you, in just the same way
there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents
than over ninety-nine righteous people
who have no need of repentance.
Luke 15
Classic scene of baby kitten and little girl sharing some ham out of the fridge. So familiar to me of how her mom was before her. The best is having the life I had with my kids back again!
One of Ruth's many talents is her Halloween themes for costumes!
Ruth is a much better farm wife than I ever was and outshines me in so many ways! She amazes me with her many gifts and talents and how she uses them so tirelessly and selflessly!
Jesus, I am not fearful of my faults and weaknesses. I am humbled and allow myself to embrace my Most Cherished Cross and find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! May I die to self so that you may live in me and I may become your hands and feet and mouth and may my actions return the love and unconditional Mercy I have been shown. Jesus I am yours and I love to gaze on your loveliness in your temple! Bless-bless, Barb















No comments:
Post a Comment