Sunday, March 29, 2020

My mother believed in Him!/“I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die."

Sunday greeting from Nancy and family in Delano!

My wedding day with my parents 41 years ago in my home parish, The Basilica of St Mary in Minneapolis.  We had become Catholic 7 years before, and I have since come to know that my husband was praying and waiting for a Catholic wife!

Knowing how determined my Patrick is, I have come to realize that his prayers are instrumental in my coming into The Church along with my 10 siblings and my parents!  Each day since has been a blessing including meeting the love of my life, Patrick, the farmer from Southwest Minnesota.   Intrigued how a city girl could end up on the farm... here is our story!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html

My mother holding my 4th daughter, Susan/Hallel, while Maria and Nancy meet her with tender touches.  This was in 1985, I had two losses after her, then John and finally 2 still births at 20 weeks and finally a last miscarriage.  Not quite what I had hoped for our large family, but it brought us very close sharing the pain of loss.
 The huge picture window at Ruth and Paul's farm house...

Today I rose as usual on Sunday and got dressed for mass. Tuning in I was able to virtually be at mass just as we would gather as a family every Sunday at 8a at our Holy Redeemer...
A friend posted this of their mass at home.
The creek in the pasture by our house swollen after an inch and a half of rain over the last 2 days.  This morning the rain stopped so all hands on deck at the farm to get the cows and calves on dry bedding and out of the wet rain soaked yards.

After mass I headed out to get the day old rolls, fruit and juice to make Sunday breakfast for the workers.
 My chickens have returned to my place and I am once again the chicken farmer...
Eggs for our breakfast plus about a dozen others for the big gathering of hungry farm hands!
 Recalling that this is the 5th Sunday of Lent... next week is Palm Sunday followed by Holy Week and Easter like none other.  Unable to go to mass - we must watch it on TV and have a Spiritual Communion...
My Jesus,
I believe that You
are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
I love You above all things,
and I desire to receive You into my soul.
Since I cannot at this moment
receive You sacramentally,
come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.
Amen.
So special indeed!

Today was the amazing Gospel of the raising of Lazarus!  John 11!  It was wonderful to read last night and this morning and then to listen to Fr Mark proclaim it during mass!  With my mother's passing so recent... the Words of Christ to Martha really rang like a bell of comfort and Truth to me!
“Your brother will rise.”
Martha said to him,
“I know he will rise,
in the resurrection on the last day.”
Jesus told her,
“I am the resurrection and the life;
whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live,
and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.
Do you believe this?”
She said to him, “Yes, Lord.
I have come to believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God,
the one who is coming into the world.”
John 11

Yes, Lord, I know that my mother never doubted you and was devoted to your Bride, The Church!  Even though my father was a Protestant minister, she listened to the Holy Spirit on her journey and found The True Church bringing my father and all of us 11 kids with her!  
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html

Shortly after our coming into The Church at "the farm" in Miltown,WI.
 Mom and dad 20 years ago!  These words of Christ to us this day tell me that my mother is truly with him and has not died from my life or this world!  She is loving me more perfectly as God does, and she knows now what each of us needs!  Some of that could be hitting rock bottom so that we can deal with what is separating us from our loving and forgiving Lord.

Today Fr Mark preached on Mercy...mentioning Divine Mercy from God.  Spoke about reconciliation/confession also being called the Sacrament of Mercy.  How I long to get to reconciliation in the next few weeks, O Lord!
 65+ years ago...

So comforting to know that my mother has met my 7 children that are also there with our Lord! Finding much comfort this day as I have joined my Lord in weeping at their grave and their loss this last week.
 The softness lends itself to this sweet moment of mother and her first child... me.

We have had 4 calves today... it seems that they waited for the storm to end, but we are frantically trying to get them in dry bedding and the yards scraped clean.  Lord, help keep the baby calves safe and healthy.  Also our country and world at this time of fighting this epidemic.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
 The last time we visited my parents on Feb 29th/Leap Year day.  I had fake plans to visit them the weekend before she died, but we couldn't because of the restrictions.  I did travel up to spend her last few hours with her, and that was a very much cherished gift!
 Out to see the ducklings after our Sunday breakfast in the midst of caring for the cows and calves after our big rain.
 Joy and Luke... Joy will be 3 on Tuesday!
 One more for good measure..
Learning to hold it gently.  
 We believe!
We Believe - Newsboys
 Praise Him in the storm!
Casting Crowns - Praise him in the storm
 The shop has become a play ground and place for the ducks to grow safe.
 Joy and I found the rhubarb growing where there had been snow last week!  Amazing is God's creation!
 Ruth's home on the farm - maybe Joy's birthday on the porch?
 Bringing in some rhubarb to show mom!
A borrowed picture that is so much speaking of motherhood!
Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says '"As Lent is a time for greater love, listen to Jesus' thirst... Repent and believe' Jesus tells us. What are we to repent? Our indifference, our hardness of heart. What are we to believe? Jesus thirsts even now, in your heart and in the poor.. He knows your weakness. He wants only your love, wants only the chance to love you. -Mother Teresa LENT 2020 ©2O2OTIRACYLCHRISTIANSON S www.PORTRAITSOFSAINTS.COM'

No comments:

Post a Comment