Monday, June 29, 2020

Dad in his "Church chair" praying for the 140+/St Peter and St Paul pillars of The Church!

 A few short months before mother died in a day... she was no longer able to join dad and I for going out to mass.  Father would wear the pix around his neck and have Fr fill it when he went forth for Eucharist.

Dad would then sit in his chair in their Assisted Living home and read the Gospel to mother and then lovingly place Jesus on her tongue!  Sharing profound LOVE for Jesus and his Bride, The Church, with his wife of 70+ years!
 "The Body of Christ dear wife of mine."

This morning dad and I shared with deep faith the beautiful Solemnity of St Peter and St Paul today!  How I love to share in my father's ordination as a Permanent Deacon in The Catholic Church!  I, who discerned a call to be a nun which led me to proclaim with excitement and Truth that "I want to be a nun, so yes I want to be Catholic."  When my parents asked me 49 years ago if I would join them in coming into The Church!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
 Jesus in his hand as he prays for he and mother a few months back.  Mom has been gone now for 3 1/2 months, and today as we ended our prayer we knew her more perfect prayers were joining ours from heaven!

Dad in his "Church chair" which he called it this morning as we went there to continue our prayers for our family - now 140+!  He accidentally called it that, but I thought it was very much true as we spend time together praying for each by first and middle names on down the list - yes, it takes us about half an hour, but dad will not miss his Monday lifting up of each one!
 To see them deep in reverent LOVE for Jesus in the humble form of bread - "I am the bread of LIFE!"
 Another time that dad ministered to mother on a Sunday.  Dad is now to weak to get out to mass after a few weeks of joining us.  Now my Eucharistic minister brings Jesus to my father!
 Mother deeply loved Jesus and His Bride, The Church!  How dad and I find comfort in knowing that her faith has not shaken and she is now dwelling in heaven and adding her prayer power, made more perfect by living in LIGHT and Truth, is uniting with ours.

Day and after day she is with us on this journey called dad on hospice and walking into the sunset of his life without mother physically here with him, but definitely more perfectly with him in Spirit and in Truth!
 Pat in the occasion of Birdie's entering our family as #30 bringing Jesus to my father about 6 weeks ago now.
 Dad in his Church chair now on the receiving end in such a short time.  We take one day at a time around here, and are so grateful for hospice helping us on this narrow path journey as we carry/drag our Most Cherished Cross and follow Jesus!

Today we read about St Peters and St Paul and how they followed Jesus in LIFE and in death to LIFE eternal!
St Paul writes in 2 Timothy 4
"I, Paul, am already being poured out like a libation,
and the time of my departure is at hand.
I have competed well; I have finished the race;
I have kept the faith.
From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me,
which the Lord, the just judge,
will award to me on that day, and not only to me,
but to all who have longed for his appearance..."

As dad and I read morning prayer in the prayer of The Church, I felt that this antiphon was very true of my wonderful holy humble prayerful father..."God’s grace in me has not been without fruit; it is always at work in me."   When I consider how his listening to The Holy Spirit has led me to The Church is foremost for me, but also how he supports that with prayer for his family even from his Church chair now at 95 years old and on hospice!
 Receiving his LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT/Jesus with Luke and Joy looking on!  How we are very serious about sharing our Faith as a domestic Church/family with all 30 and always room for more!  Sharing our Faith with JOY!
 Dr Pol and my parents statues of Mary and Joseph a few months back.  No longer is this there home, and now my father lives with me on the farm!  We are into our 11th week, and we take one day at a time.  Seeing this makes me sad that we could not share with them more time together here, but the pandemic and mom's fall and dad's health and doors closing and opening ended this 6 month home for them!
 Dr Pol made mom smile, and that filled me with so much peace and happiness that she had a friend to share her love of Michigan and animals - most especially big dogs with!
 The Statues are now with father watching over his "church chair" in his room in my home on the farm!  Mary using dad's Twins mask as a shield in this crazy time we find ourselves.  Joining us in prayer for his family with "hedges of protection" placed around each one - all 140+!
 First and middle names in deep prayer as he places them in the arms of Mary and Jesus and Joseph and Blessed Solanus Casey, St Ignatius. St John, St Peter and St Paul and on and on!

Today in the Gospel our Church is begun with the Faith of St Peter!
Simon Peter said in reply,
“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah.
For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter,
and upon this rock I will build my Church,
and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven.
Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven;
and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Matthew 16

Dad reports to me that mom, with her dementia over these last years, would ask him where this verse would be found... Matthew 16!  She knew that the Church would never fail or be lost as "Jesus will not allow His Church to sink!  He will not abandon his Church!" Mother, who is now in heaven helping Pope Francis.
As dad and I prayed this dark morning with threat of rain.
Accolades to his fatherhood - how we all depend upon his prayers for us!  Today he personally prayed for the evangelization I attempt at this blog, and that was a gift to me!  Also my daughters work in sharing the True Faith.  Thank you, dad, we have it all to owe to you!
catholic sprouts
Coffee, breakfast, St Peter and St Paul, Prayer of The Church!  Nothing more wonderful under the sun or the clouds!  The prayer shawl is truly that!
Out on the porch yesterday sharing the Glorious Mysteries under the afghan Ruth made for them in Michigan years ago... now it covers him while we look out over the prairie Panorama before us!
Pat answering dad's questions about farming and sharing an ice cream bar.  LOVE!
My Most Cherished Cross administering Jesus to my father!
Food for the journey - today it is shared all over the world as we have The Solemnity of St Peter and St Paul - A huge Holiday in The Church!!  How we rejoice and PRAY without ceasing!

Jesus and Mary, the Mother of God, we are filled with JOY as we are blessed with sharing The Truth, the Way and the LIFE! Your Church is such a gift to us with each new day.  I am so grateful to share this time of religious life with my King of our family, my dad!  Bless us with your Truth and give us answers to our many prayers lifted up to you for our huge family.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Going to mass in his Church chair yesterday!  Bless-bless, Barbara
Image may contain: 2 people, text that says 'To recite the Rosary is nothing other than to contemplate the face of Christ with Mary. St. Pope John Paul II'

Danielle Rose - True love
The Cross
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me

No comments:

Post a Comment