Thursday, June 18, 2020

"It is not enough to know Christ, we must bring him to everyone!" St JPII/Family Litany with Jesus

 George and Jude are seeing eye to eye now that they are both walking and just 6 weeks apart in age.  It is fun to watch them play and interact without any real battles or complaints.
 Playing with a pail of water on the porch is great fun!  Who cares if water is splashed and you get wet?  It is great fun and soon you can get down to only your diaper in the warm winds of the prairie and it feels grand!
 A splash and a giggle and smile from both!
 LOVE this!!!  These two are discovering that they have a friend for LIFE with a cousin their same age to grow up with.  Now that George lives only 2 1/2 hours from us - he and Jude will share time together often on the farm.  So wonderful for them!

Pat described how the kids would be all over the farm together while Nancy's kids were here for 4 days while their parents were away.  "They went places I have never been." said my famer husband.  At one point they were playing in the power washed out livestock trailer when I picked up George one time.
 Sharing is an easy thing for these two!
 Now the kitty getting wet hugs and pets from the boys.
Spinning together in Great-grandma's chair is fun, too!  How we wish that Hector could be part of their bonding and growing together.  Hopefully they can be together here in the end of August.  Fake plans are flying around and we are praying and hoping for them to come true.
 4AM Holy Hour with Jesus in the School Chapel this morning - for the entire time I heard the rain all around me!  Such an answer to prayer as we have had hot dry winds sucking all the moisture out of our fields and yards.

Pat did say that he had a first time experience of cutting hay down one day and baling it the next.  First time ever!  That hot wind made it possible.
 Putting our combined families in the monstrance with Jesus = over 250 with the losses included too!  There are new little ones added now that were in the womb before, and for the first time in my father's memory there are no new ones in the womb to pray for!

As the last family member is placed there - I repeat these words three times or more..."Jesus and Mary, I love you, save souls."  It covers them with His LOVE and Mercy and I do see him at work in their lives!  Thank you, Lord!
 Crushing the serpent!  This morning dad and I started out poorly with argument over breakfast food.  Food is my biggest issue with him, and after almost 200 meals I am on a short fuse.

The Gospel today is the Our Father taught to us by Jesus and numerous times in the morning prayer of The Church I heard the Lord reminding me that I need to forgive his transgresses as Jesus has forgiven mine.  Humbling and true!
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
Matthew 6

Interesting that daily bread is followed by forgiveness - the one cross that I am bearing poorly in this time with my father... his excuse; "I am an old man."  Father, I forgive you.
 Opposite sides of the fence is cute in the evening light ... Mary in the  distance is my heart and peace.  Yes, praying with her each day brings healing and peace to our days together.
" Hey, friend, I am hungry, how about you?"
"I can always eat!  I love food don't you?"
"I like ice cream and doughnuts."
"I like broccoli and mac and cheese."
"Yes, so do I!"
"How about pizza?"
"Good stuff!"
"Being big boys is great when it comes to the food part, right?"
"We agree on that!"
 Our cat brings us to a more peaceful place as we all pray together to bring our days to a more pleasant place.  All cannot be roses as they come with thorns!

This quote from my hero St JPII today once again reminds me that with the struggles and crosses of life we are called to embrace that cross and return LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT not angry words and finger pointing...
"It is not enough to know Christ, we must bring him to everyone!"  St John Paul II, the great!
 Another reminder of our peace gained through our Faith in Jesus, Mary and His Bride, The Church along with St Joseph and all the Saints!

I am sadly missing my mother these days again.  It is with some comfort that we have set up her funeral mass a month away at a Catholic Church 4 hours from here.  It will be interesting if we can actually make it and what this next month holds for us.  We take one day at a time filled with prayer as the wind beneath our wings and asking forgiveness or returning that forgiveness for the irritations and hard thorns that comes with the roses of Faith shared.
 Rain and thunder out the windows in the middle of the night in prayer.  Such a blessing and answer to prayers said by all the farmers including my own!

We prayed after we shared loving closeness this morning upon my return and Pat prayed with thanksgiving for our 3/4 inch of rain!  A special way to share with the windows open and listening to the rain and we celebrated our love!  The best part of marriage and healing and life-giving as it should always be!  Open to LIFE and raising LIGHTS!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
 Out from under the bright lights - the fans were cooler here and my view of Mary and Joseph not obstructed by the folding chairs and cords that are distracting when you sit closer to the front.
 Loving the rain!!!  Thank you, Lord!
 Dad reading the Gospel - Jesus teaching us the Our Father.   We both asked for forgiveness and also forgave each other after - knowing that serving is not always easy!  "Wounded, I will never cease to LOVE!"  The motto of The Community of the Lamb and if we look at the spotless Lamb and how He died for us without a sound of complaint!!
 A flashlight helps him to read with his "old eyes."
 Out to check the rain and found a grateful flower by the flag pole.  A sign of hope and beauty within where Jesus dwells in our inner temple.  A place that dad and I and Pat share in our daily prayers together and our LOVE, love, total LOVE for The Church which he brought us into 49 years ago and every day since has been a gift to me!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
 Rain is not coming as easily as the last 2 wet years.  We don't need that much again, but prayers are starting for rain and we are grateful for this nice one, and ask for more to come.
 Water speckled rain on leaves and blossoms - they seem to sigh with relief after so many days of hot dry winds howling around them.
 A special part of my father being here is that he is getting to know my family!
 Birdie will be 6 weeks tomorrow, and has already spent times with my father.
 George leaned back against my dad as a goodbye after being here and spending time with great-grandpa.  The licorice didn't hurt his liking this guy living in my house and smiling at him.

Jesus, we are so grateful that you love us and forgive us unconditionally - may we return that to each other without counting the cost.  May we die to self so that you may live in us.  We thank you for our marriages and our family where we share our Faith with JOY.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
7 years ago in the pasture behind our house - 2 year old Gus and year old Rose Again.  Those cows and calves are close!  I must have scooped them up just after taking this picture.  They seem to trust that all is well, and so it was.  Bless-bless, Barbara
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/thea-bowman---religious-sister-civil-rights-advocate-candidate-for-sainthood-61840?fbclid=IwAR3fQrLmOYWH9AcvBf0SVNA909j_1zLITsVhZD_VUyDKTDId6s1a3gg_Ecg

Sister Thea Bowman. Courtesy of the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration.

Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
Holy of Holies - Kutless
"It's not enough to know Christ,
we must bring Him to everyone!" - Saint John Paul II


"Amen, amen, amen.
I believe, I believe, I believe
and confess to the last breath
that this is the Life-giving Flesh,
that of the Only-begotten Son,
Our Lord and our God,
our Savior Jesus Christ."


Ancient Egyptian Eucharistic Prayer
From Fire of God's Love
120 Reflections on the Eucharist
Mike Aquilina

No comments:

Post a Comment