Friday, August 27, 2021

A mother's-grandmother's prayers/St Monica shows us to pray without ceasing/The 5 Wise Virgins - pure and awaiting

I must start today with this beautiful living out the Gospel of Hallel on her wedding day/taking her final vows in Saint Pierre, France 3 years ago last week on the Feast of the Queenship of Mary!  The Virgins with their lamps lit!  There were 10 of them too!!!

The faithful Virgin - pure and awake awaiting her Bridegroom to come to her!  Hallel has vowed - "I promise unto death" as her love for Jesus fills her life with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!  

I am very much aware of her prayers for me and our family, as she knows that her mom prays for her every day on the 4th decade of the rosary.  With my 5 children I pray for each one on the 5 decades of the rosary from oldest to youngest.  Then I added one for my husband, Godchildren, my family, Pat's family and The Church!  It feels good to get all 10 in, and I try hard to do that daily!
Pictures from the State Fair!  Simon and Mary showing Simon's cow-calf pair yesterday.  Such a great experience for the kids and so welcome to be back at the fair after no fair last year due to the pandemic.
Mary helping show the calf.  These two are great and helpful siblings to each other.  Simon will be a Junior and Mary will be a Sophomore this year.  
Mary in goat showmanship...
Little do they know that Mary is a true goat farmer at age 15!  She amazes!
10 years ago at the State fair - Simon was 6 and Gus was 4 months!  Now we had 3 showing livestock at the State Fair - Simon beef, Mary goats, and 13 year old David, pigs!  
My brother, Phil, in his restaurant - Phil's Grill- making the soup of the day!  It is fun to see him promoting his food and business after the pandemic raised heck with his restaurant!  
Making cinnamon rolls in the early hours of the morning for his customers up close to the Wisconsin border - Center City, MN!  How I would love to stop in there and bother him on the way to see my parents just a short while away on the other side of the St Croix River - St Croix Falls, WI!  

Such a deep sadness that in the last year they both died, and my wonderful times with both my parents in their own home are now gone.  Yet, they continue to bless me with so much each day as they continue to lead me and share with me in the prayer of The Church, and Brother Victor and Pope Benedict XVI!
Such a beautiful picture of Jesus with lamp lit and the wise Virgins, who said "yes" to his arrival as he leads them into the wedding feast!  
My heart is steadfast, O God ... - Psalm 108, 1a
 
 

St Augustine has left us this praise of his mother, St Monica:
 
"She did not let a day pass
without being present
at the Divine Sacrifice
before Your altar, O Lord."

St Monica
North Africa ~ 333-387
Mother of St Augustine
Patroness of Married women and Mothers
Feast Day - August 27

 
"Nothing is far from God." - St Monica
________________________________
 
As recounted by Augustine...
before his mother died she told him...
 
"There was indeed one thing for which I wished to tarry a little
in this life, and that was that I might see you a Catholic
before I died. My God hath answered this more than
abundantly, so that I see you are now made
His servant and spurning all earthly happiness.
What more am I to do here?"
 
Prayer for St Monica's intercession
Exemplary mother of the great Augustine, you perseveringly pursued your wayward son not with wild threats but with prayerful cries to heaven. Intercede for all mothers in our day so that they may learn to draw their children to God. Teach them how to remain close to their children, even the prodigal sons and daughters who have sadly gone astray. Amen.
St Monica, pray for us!
Yes!

St Monica today and it was very special to read the words of his famous amazing son, whom she prayed into The Church - never giving up even though it took decades to happen!
From the Confessions of Saint Augustine, bishop
(Lib. 9, 10-11: CSEL 33, 215-219)

Let us gain eternal wisdom


The day was now approaching when my mother Monica would depart from this life; you know that day, Lord, though we did not. She and I happened to be standing by ourselves at a window that overlooked the garden in the courtyard of the house. At the time we were in Ostia on the Tiber. And so the two of us, all alone, were enjoying a very pleasant conversation, forgetting the past and pushing on to what is ahead. We were asking one another in the presence of the Truth—for you are the Truth—what it would be like to share the eternal life enjoyed by the saints, which eye has not seen, nor ear heard, which has not even entered into the heart of man. We desired with all our hearts to drink from the streams of your heavenly fountain, the fountain of life.

That was the substance of our talk, though not the exact words. But you know, O Lord, that in the course of our conversation that day, the world and its pleasures lost all their attraction for us. My mother said, “Son, as far as I am concerned, nothing in this life now gives me any pleasure. I do not know why I am still here, since I have no further hopes in this world. I did have one reason for wanting to live a little longer: to see you become a Catholic Christian before I died. God has lavished his gifts on me in that respect, for I know that you have even renounced earthly happiness to be his servant. So what am I doing here?”

I do not really remember how I answered her. Shortly, within five days or thereabouts, she fell sick with a fever. Then one day during the course of her illness she became unconscious and for a while she was unaware of her surroundings. My brother and I rushed to her side, but she regained consciousness quickly. She looked at us as we stood there and asked in a puzzled voice: “Where was I?”

We were overwhelmed with grief, but she held her gaze steadily upon us, and spoke further: “Here you shall bury your mother.” I remained silent as I held back my tears. However, my brother haltingly expressed his hope that she might not die in a strange country but in her own land, since her end would be happier there. When she heard this, her face was filled with anxiety, and she reproached him with a glance because he had entertained such earthly thoughts. Then she looked at me and spoke: “Look what he is saying.” Thereupon she said to both of us, “Bury my body wherever you will; let not care of it cause you any concern. One thing only I ask you, that you remember me at the altar of the Lord wherever you may be.” Once our mother had expressed this desire as best she could, she fell silent as the pain of her illness increased.
LOVE how St Monica is today and tomorrow we follow with the son she prayed from sin into Sainthood, St Augustine!  I immediately go to Nancy and Bill as their wedding is tomorrow and their oldest son is Augustine!  Each one of our children waited for marriage, and had honeymoon babies!  They each celebrated their first anniversary with a 2-3 month old baby!  LOVE!
So powerful is this Truth!  As Pope Benedict says - Even though the ship is sinking with much bringing it down- Jesus will never abandon His Church!  Our prayers are so important as we pray for our beloved Church!
My prayer partners this morning are doing their morning bath...
St Therese, St Ignatius, Sacred heart of Jesus and Immaculate heart of Mary, along with Mother's painting and not visible the statues of Mary and Joseph holding Jesus from dad's years as a deacon at St Joseph's in Manistique,MI!  Also the prayer books left to me, and which lift me up each day!  

Dad brought us into The Church 50 years ago and each day since has been a gift to me!
Update on cool Jude - he is better, and we are hoping that Birdie will miraculously miss getting the bug from him!  
John is caring so well for his 2 little ones! He also asks the Lord to show him his plan for John!  It seems that a door has opened and once again we rejoice and support!  The new John found his faith through brain cancer!
Now with wife and 2 wonderful little ones!  The story continues as we pray and believe that John was saved to share his LIGHT!
This bunch got back home this morning about 1a and are so happy to have their own beds! They did have a fabulous time however!  I am in awe of Nancy being 5 months pregnant and trecking across the country with a car full of kids! She is a doer!

Their ministries - 

Lord, I am overwhelmed by your love for us! When I consider all the ways I see your fingerprint upon me and my family- I am humbled to see how unworthy I am!  Light dawns for the just;
    and gladness, for the upright of heart.
Be glad in the LORD, you just,
    and give thanks to his holy name.
R.    Rejoice in the Lord, you just!  Psalm 97  Yes, Lord!  May I die to self so that you may live in me, and may I return to all those around me the unconditional love and forgiveness you have given to me.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

This is the will of God, your holiness:
that you refrain from immorality,
that each of you know how to acquire a wife for himself
in holiness and honor, not in lustful passion
as do the Gentiles who do not know God;
not to take advantage of or exploit a brother or sister in this matter,
for the Lord is an avenger in all these things,
as we told you before and solemnly affirmed.
For God did not call us to impurity but to holiness.
Therefore, whoever disregards this,
disregards not a human being but God,
who also gives his Holy Spirit to you.  I Thes 4:1-8 today the first reading about marriage!  I feel a bit ashamed as I do very much find my husband very exciting to me/lust (?), and I consider our marriage bed as the JOY in our relationship.  But I must also add that we have realized that we need to share our faith and pray together each day now.  We made an effort to find a way to do this with The Magnificat, and now we have added the Night prayer on our phone from the iBreviary  .  We realize that we need to have Jesus in our midst and He must be first and foremost in our domestic Church/family!  Bless-bless, Barbara
Danielle Rose - True love is The Cross
I know my husband to be my Most Cherished Cross through embracing it I find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! 













Danielle Rose



Zach Williams





 

No comments:

Post a Comment