Wednesday, September 26, 2012

At least the birds waste nothing...

The birds leave only part of the peelings and the core of the apple and eat all the rest!  I have been kind of amazed at how there is really no waste, and I guess then I don't feel too bad about the birds getting some of them.  There are so many this year that I have filled jars and then some with applesauce and pie filling.  There are still pails of pie apples out there, but unless Nancy comes home and makes some pies this weekend after I am gone... there seems to be no one that wants them.  The grandkids sure did clean up their fresh crumb crust pie and ice cream tonight, so that makes me feel better about all the work!
Another glorious day of harvest!  Too beautiful to take it all in!  Now I head to the hot Texas countryside.  I will let you know when we have a new grandson, and probably other doings in El Paso!  Jesus, keep the farmers safe.  Thank you for day after day of glorious weather.  We are blessed with such a wondrous world, and fall is just about as beautiful as we could ever imagine our world could be.  How hard to go somewhere - where they don't really have seasons - although they did seem to get more snow than we did last winter!?!
Our Lady even seems to smile on the fall!  You will be my companion tomorrow my sweet Mother of Heaven and Earth.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment