Just as they are getting relocated to a safer - hopefully- spot... Joe took some pictures of the place he has been sitting in since he arrived there a two months ago. I heard something about an apple orchard nearby, but it looks like the rocky and mountainous landscape that I had kind of pictured... gray and dusty would be a good description.
He shared a former soldier made this mural.
Some of their dwellings we suppose - he wasn't able to explain much about the pictures so far. But it sure gives me a better idea of the barren and lifeless land that is there in this mountainous area. Looks like a hard place to live! So many prayers are surrounding him and his men there. Maria just got word that he is safe tonight after some days without contact, so we are all hugely relieved! Thank you, Lord!
Some of the equipment... looks impressive.
A little more inviting space for living and office space for Joe and his men. Now after 2 months, they are finally heading for safer ground! Thank you, Lord!
Another mural - someone was an artist, who used his talents in this rustic and dangerous place in Alghanistan! Who says that art doesn't have its place in the world? I hope the artist is safe and sound and back with his family making art to make his world better in the safe USA! Art reminds me that John just asked me to make him one of my watercolor paintings for his room in the seminary. He also asked for more family pictures! The two things I love more than most anything else! I think that I will start working on it tomorrow or maybe now! Jesus, I trust in you! Now to read my Story of a Soul by St Therese ... Lord, make me ever smaller so that you may become my all in all! Bless-bless, Barb





No comments:
Post a Comment