I am away this weekend and so you are just getting some small sharings without the benefit of my overbearing pictures. I have been listening to a Christian radio station on my travels after the 10 decades of the rosary and the chaplet of divine mercy which are my good companions - giving me so much solace and JOY! As I was heading across the river for mass this morning - I am in St Croix Falls, WI and attended mass in Taylors Falls, MN across the river this am. The person speaking said a phrase that really struck me as being very true - "Forgiveness is for the past, and Trust is for the future!" Both are so necessary for us to be free to give ourselves over to Christ and follow Him down the path to eternal LIFE carrying our most cherished Cross! Both are very difficult to do if we allow ourselves and our selfish feelings to get in the way and to dictate to us. This mornings Gospel is Christ healing the deaf man - He takes him aside and ministers to him in a very personal and powerful way.. putting his fingers in his ears and touching his tongue - Fr spoke that it indicated that there was a more important and personal innner healing this man was in need of - possibly hurt from the way that people had misjudged and made fun of him over the years with his awkward speech. After spending my time talking with my parents about the many damaged people in this world - it just struck a note of how Christ has so much to heal in us damaged people. Fr also said something which really made me smile - Pointing to his ears he said - "We have two of these, and only one of these" -pointing to his mouth - "So it is telling us that we need to listen more than we speak." Yes! I have so found this to be a very powerful thing for me in learning to speak "lifegiving words" in my life. Sometimes it is better to be quiet and not flare up and defend, but listen and learn from criticism! With that I will end my sharing for today. I must hit the road and share time with family - If I am unable to share with them, may I grow from listening with my heart open to them.
Jesus, I love you and carry forth into the future a heart filled with wonder and awe at the sharing of faith, and family. So many blessings are surrounding me on this beautiful fall weekend. Thank you for my parents' health and this haven of peace they continue to bless us their children and family with. Jesus, we go forth into the future trusting in YOU and always asking for the ability to forgive the hurts and pains from the past. Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Halleluia
Bless-bless, Barb
"He put his fingers in the man's ears and, spitting, touched his tongue; then he looked up to heaven and groaned, and said to him, 'Ephphatha!' - that is, 'Be opened!' - And immediately the man's ears were opened, his speech impediment was removed, and he spoke plainly..." Mark 7: 31-37
The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment