"Like a deer that yearns
for running streams,
so my soul is yearning
for you, my God.
My soul is thirsting for God,
the God of my life;
when can I enter and see
the face of God?"
Little 15 month old Bernadette seems to be filled with praise and JOY to be basking in the 65 degree sunlight in Kansas City!
After we read the psalm together - the scripture that day happened to be Isaiah 55:1 - "All you who are thirsty, come to the water! You who have no money, come, receive grain and eat; Cone without paying and without cost, drink wine and milk." After reading this I hugged my little sweet girl and told her that this scripture was the entire basis for her to be here and to be Catholic! This scripture led my family into the Church... the story? http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html But without this story of my journey - Pat would not have looked twice at me and our story would have never happened... the Chair of St Peter became real and alive to me and my family - as a priest told Nancy and Bill on a marriage retreat day - You are not a convert when you come into the Church you are coming back to your roots! You have come back to The Church, and the Truth!
Bernadette has the blessing of the Community in her life! She will naturally come to know that this is a beautiful option for her in her life! All my grandchildren are very blessed by The Community in their lives - but most especially for sharing our Faith together as a family!
Augustine is very interested in the beautiful chapel filled with LIGHT and with Jesus adorned and adored on the altar! We fall on our knees before our God! Today we are blessed with the most amazing 23rd Psalm in mass! There is none to compare to this Psalm which reminds us of the generous and unconditional LOVE of our Good Shepherd for us his lost and lonely sheep! "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death - YOU are with me!"
Sharing a meal and always sharing prayer! http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/22/us-pope-consistory-benedict-idUSBREA1L07X20140222 A news event today, which makes total sense on this feast day of the Pope - the former Pope Benedict and Pope Francis together for the ordaining of 39 new cardinals!
The two popes side by side praying in a chapel together! Such power and beauty and history to have now 2 popes here and their prayers for The Church!
How appropriate on this feast - The two men at prayer for Our Church!
Jesus, we are held in your arms and "You spread the table before me... you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." Psalm 23 I am so blessed by all that The Church gives me with each new day. May I in turn take all that grace and love and share it with those in my domestic Church/family. I am a weak vessel and you fill me to overflowing with all that living water and food without cost! Jesus, I am yours, and may I follow after YOU carrying my Most Cherished Cross and following down the narrow path to LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! Jesus, bless Pope Francis with all he needs to lead us ever down the narrow path of Truth! Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
"I love you, Lord, my strength,
my rock, my fortress, my savior.
My God is the rock where I take refuge;
my shield, my mighty help, my stronghold." Psalm 18
St Michael lead us in battle!
We get to watch 7 kids today - so this is only half the picture + one!
Peter Mayer - Holy now
No comments:
Post a Comment