Little Rose Ida out on the porch of their special playhouse that mommy built for them. She kept telling me with a big smile on her face that "Mommy" did this for me, because she loves me! Ruth is at the hospital working her 12 hour shift today.. she was on call but was called in this morning. On days like that she is not sure what the day holds and this line from Psalm 146 - a Hallel Psalm of highest praise to the Lord- "the plans that day came to nothing." How often does this happen to us? For me it is all the time! I often think that my life is not my own, and you may notice that I am writing this later today. My gardens are beckoning and I leave for 2 weeks in a couple days to our big inland sea - cabin on Lake Michigan. With the help of my husband I realized that I needed to work in the garden first thing in the morning and get to this later. It does feel mighty good to have one big piece done with some left for later today and over the next two days. I did get to take a break by picking up Ruth's 3 from swimming lessons and will see them again this evening as I watch them usually until Ruth gets home about 8p. Maybe this all boils down to giving without counting the cost/our lives are not our own/Jesus, I am yours!
Cute Rose had to show me the chalk board in the play house and the pretty flowers her mommy drew along with the cupboards, table that makes into a bed, and play stove too! For my 4 girls we had an old chicken house for their playhouse and we put an old table and chairs in there for them. Ruth went all out, and her kids are very much appreciative of mommy's hard work for them!
Well, my rosary is calling me, and I really can't be sure what is around the corner for me. I can think I have plans and then they change 10 times over. The ending line of the Gospel today is one that I love to ponder..."By their fruits you will know them." Matthew 7:20 It can lead me down judgmental paths, and I know that is not what the Lord intended. Look at it this way... by being willing and able to do things for others when they ask them of me and sometimes before they ask - you see the fruits of appreciation and happiness and good. But if I rejected these intrusions into my plans and resented them and did not do what I needed - the fruits of that would be anger and disappointment and bad fruit. I prefer the world around me being one of the best good it can be and the fruits to be those of the Spirit within me that allows me to die to self so that Christ may live within me and within my domestic Church/family!
Catholic tradition lists 12 fruits: charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self-control, chastity. Galatians 5:22 Now wouldn't life be great if this is how we treated each other?
Thanks mom for LIFE and for showing me that you love me with this beautiful playhouse!
Jesus, these last two days have been some hard lessons on trust in YOU and knowing of your love and forgiveness and mercy for us no matter what! There are a lot of good that come from our hard knocks and disappointments in life. There is no doubt that you have the perfect plan to use our talents and time for the good and for the good fruit to fill our world with all that is GOOD! Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
"Compel your mind and heart to rise to God on high and, having produced in yourself a clear consciousness and feeling of God's boundless love and of his impartial truth, try through this to thrust out the passionate movement and to replace it by its opposing good." Fr Lorenzo Scupoli (1610)
May we find JOY sharing Faith/Family/Farm with LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
Third Day for Joseph - Trust in Jesus

No comments:
Post a Comment