Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"I heard you calling me in the night. Here I am Lord!"

Taken on New Years in Lumen Christi/Light of Christ Monastery in KC!  Mary shared that Hallel showed them the rooms where guests can stay with them, and that she is thinking in a few years that she will be spending some time with The Community of The Lamb, maybe with cousin, Therese. 


My grandchildren are so blessed to have an aunt who is a nun, and seeing her JOY and participating in their amazing prayer life from time to time... definitely gives them the desire to ask the Lord for his plan for them and to include this call as a wonderful amazing possibility!
Rose and Bernadette are just 6 months apart, and there are fake plans in this grandma's heart for them to share some time at The Monastery with the Little Sisters when they are about 13 or so. 


I was listening to a call to religious life when my dad asked me if I wanted to join the Catholic Church with he, my mother and the 10 kids younger than I..."I want to be a nun, so yes I want to be Catholic." 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
I was reminded that I have my nun due to my call, which in time was to marriage, but I am now gifted with some windows of sharing in Hallel's contemplative prayer life!
A personal Holy Hour with Jesus!  My nun, daughter, kneeling before her spouse filled with such beautiful LOVE and devotion!
Blessed with the best hours of my week yesterday in Adoration!  The Lord calls out to me on the days he in there in the Monstrance!  I feel such peace and joy and longing pour into me as I sit before him with my beads passing through my fingers, and my heart filled to overflowing with such LOVE!


The first reading today from I Samuel 3 in which God repeatedly calls Samuel to come to him, and Samuel gets up each and every time!  He doesn't roll over... he gets up and says; "Speak, Lord, your servant is listening."  And the Lord was with him!
One of the best from our photo shoot for John and Bobbi's engagement a few months ago. 

Speaking to Nancy about how overwhelmed John is right now at all that is changing, the decisions that they must make, and all that is flying at him fast and furious..."I know that engagement is hugely crazy!  It seems to be the way we are prepared for marriage and is what engagement is all about.  In a way it is good to hear that John is facing it just like the rest of us had to." 
Two more girls who will go to spend some time with the little Sisters in about 12 years or so.  The way time flies that will be just around the corner...

The Gospel today is from Mark where Jesus early in his ministry goes to stay with Peter and his mother-in-law is sick with a fever.  He takes her by the hand and heals her so that she can wait on them!  I love this from The Magnificat today incorporating the first reading and the Gospel;
The mercy Simon's sick mother-in-law received from Jesus is what we wait for.  O Lord, approach me, grasp me by the hand, and help me up.   Find me among the countless crowd gathered at your door in longing.  I have heard you calling in the night.  Here I am Lord!  By your grace, the heat of my fever will become the fervor for waiting on others.
Yes!!!!
The two 5 year olds sharing some time and conversation with Father Craig , their cousin priest, after the burial of Bernadette's brother, Maximilian, in the cemetery a week after Thanksgiving.  It is so wonderful that these young people that are answering "yes" to their personal call are in their lives and sharing the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE with them... Jesus and his glorious Bride, The Church!
Visiting the grave of their beloved, Grandma Ann, and their brothers, William and Robert!


This morning we were looking at the Saints for today( historically) and St William is one of them.  Happy Feast Day, dear son William, in heaven!
Joy and Ruth at mass at The Catholic School on the feast of the Immaculate Conception with my favorite status of all!!!  I have admired her always!


We are so blessed to have our wonderful Catholic School here in Marshall for our kids and now Ruth's to attend and grow to be strong in their faith... always knowing that it begins in the home with our faith shared with JOY!
What JOY to have Hallel in the U.S. this year!!!  I have fake plans to go down there in about 3 weeks again to allow Nancy and Bill to go to a retreat, and will be able to see Hallel a bit too! 


A story that came in the resent news letter from KC Community of the Lamb allows us to enter the beauty they bring to the poor!




This sharing also reveals how they truly do carry the Word of God in their hearts after "manducating" the Gospel starting the night before!
I had a thought to copy it word for word by typing, but decided to try this way.  Hope you take the time to read this beautiful insight into the humble ways Hallel goes on mission to the poor.  To represent Christ knocking on their doors!


Jesus, how we long to see your face in all those around us... most especially those the closet to us in our domestic church/family and whom we love the most yet treat the worst!  How can this be?  May we return the LOVE and mercy we have been given my you to all those we encounter in this new day.  How we hunger for you in Word and in Sacrament!  Jesus, we hear you calling in the night of sin and darkness... "Here I am Lord!"  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Through Mary to Jesus!  LOVE!  And yes, we are asked to follow after Him and embrace our Most Cherished Cross and carry/drag if after him down the narrow path!  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
With the losses in our lives - we then appreciate all LIFE so much more! 
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
And Nancy's stunning sharing which speaks for what I feel in my soul!!!
http://www.dosmallthingswithlove.com/2017/12/j1st-022-on-still-being-here.html
It is a podcast so all you need do is listen with your heart!
Nancy's 4 finding comfort with Max the bear and smaller Peter the bear, for a miscarriage she experienced before she had Josephine.  Their eyes and hearts are now focused on heaven to meet their brothers.
Image may contain: 2 people, text
“It is Jesus that you seek when you dream of happiness; He is waiting for you when nothing else you find satisfies you; He is the beauty to which you are so attracted; it is He who provoked you with that thirst for fullness that will not let you settle for compromise; it is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life; it is He who reads in your hearts your most genuine choices, the choices that others try to stifle.”
Pope Saint John Paul II






Image may contain: 3 people, text


Danielle Rose - Pursue me
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love



















No comments:

Post a Comment