Friday, January 12, 2018

The Gospel is AMAZING!!! The paralytic... your sins are forgiven, rise pick up your mat and walk

John the actor a month and a half ago when we had a beautiful day to take silly and sweet engagement pictures of John and Bobbi.  One thing I have noticed when I am allowed to spend some time with the two of them, is how John launches into prayer whenever and wherever.  I know that this is the direct result of his cancer journey.
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
I am impressed to see how Bobbi handles him and I think they will do fine... with the usual ups and downs, of course.

Praying when the time arises was modeled for me early in John's cancer journey by "the grocery store girl."   Here is the story again...
As the family was all around John  - I took a day away to make FOOD!  I just needed a down day to make some homecooked food for the family, and get some mental health time.  I ended up at a big Cub Food store that was nearby.  As I slowly walked the aisles picking out what I needed... I got in line of a black checkout woman about my age.  She asked me the ususal - "How are you doing?"  I just couldn't say the usual "fine."  I said - "Not that good."  "You at least have money for food." she says, "unlike that guy ahead of you."  she points to a black man bagging his own groceries that has just paid with food stamps.  "That's true," I say, "but my 20 year old son has brain cancer!  Could you please pray for him?"  She looks shocked at me and slightly nods her head.  At that exact moment a young girl in the next lane says - "Are you from Marshall?  I think I went to school with some of your girls.  Did you say that your son has brain cancer?  Can I pray for you right here and now?"   I was shocked and nodded my head in astonishment by it all.  She bowed her head, and said a simple short prayer asking for John to be healed and protected as well as his family.  I looked up to see the checkout lady and the man bagging his groceries also bowing their heads in prayer - united in prayer!  That changed me!  I might have lost a bit of my fire since.  But for a long time after this happened I would pray in the street, on the phone, in an email  - I would no longer say that I was going to pray for someone - I would do it right then and there!  I call this the Grocery Store girl, and she started me into a virtual prayer warrior! 
They shocked me by using this silly one for their Save the Date.  I think we are off to a wild ride with these two love birds!
It seems like a good place to share the promo video John went to Chicago to make with the experts at Spirit Juice!  How he longs to share his story far and wide!  "I found love and faith through brain cancer and I am here to share that love through speaking the Truth and Prayer!"
John and Bobbi's version of black and white by the grain bins picture...
I love this so much - a drawing one of the little Sisters did of them lowering John into the presence of Jesus to be healed!  So true as their faith and prayers were huge along with the hundreds of prayer warriors, who lowered him before the Lord! Saying so much about how important our prayers are for our friends in their need!
The 3 middle girls with Father Craig, their cousin, in Rome while Maria was studying there in 2003...15 years ago!  I am thinking about Fr Craig being in KC with The Community and Hallel this week!  So wonderful!!!  I continue to be amazed at how he is there for our family when we need him!
One of the times I was blessed with at The Little Monastery years back!  Basking in The LIGHT! 

Jesus, how I adore you with every breath that I take and every beat of my heart.. may I die to self so that you may live and move and breath through me.  May I give without counting the cost... most especially to those the closest to me in my domestic Church/family.  May we share our Faith with JOY and then find a small slice of heaven in our families.  Protect all families from the darkness of sin and death that is all around us.  Protect all life from conception to natural death.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Just before Susan boarded a plane for France 9 years ago!  Now she is Little Sister Hallel and living in the U.S. for the first year since she left!  We are over the moon to share some special times with her and I love to share our home canning with her!  I just sent some spaghetti sauce with Father Craig for them!  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
John and Hallel - always so close even in their life-changing times of brain cancer and taking her habit as a nun!
A random fuzzy calf in the sun...
Image may contain: one or more people, text and closeup
This month marks the 45th anniversary of Roe v Wade - legalization of abortion in America. Let us pray for an end to abortion
Image may contain: 3 people, text


Danielle Rose - Wonderfully made - Psalm 139
Hillary Scott - Thy will be done
Tauren Wells - Hills and Valleys




No comments:

Post a Comment