We are reminded today by St John in the first reading..."See what love the Father has bestowed on us
that we may be called the children of God.
Yet so we are." I John 2:29
I have been blessed with 15 wonderful grandchildren, and after just spending chunks of time with them - even all of them together at CCC - I am strongly reminded of they need us yet lead us in ways of excitement and clarity in their faith in Jesus and Mary. How I cherished Simon's kindergarten teacher sharing with me that he had shared with the others in his class about Jesus and Mary! Faith is shared in our homes/domestic Church with JOY!
Surrounding with love our little Maximilian, who died on Thanksgiving and is now buried here in our cemetery.
As hard as the losses have been, they keep our eyes on heaven and we trust in his plan for us. Being open to life for me was full of the cross of loss and now I yearn for heaven where I will be reunited with my 7 and now 5 grandchildren!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Grandpa is happiest with his arms full of little ones. After having our 4 girls... I think he is partial to the girls and we have 3 new ones! These two are just 5 months apart and will be running around together at next CCC! LOVE!!!
I am very much aware of the Focus convention going on in Chicago, and that our Hallel is there! I just heard Bishop Baron speak to them, and his message of evangelization using strong speech is ringing in my ears!
Bishop stressed that we need to ground our sharing in the OT! Be intellectual in our knowledge and share with words of wisdom! Come Holy Spirit and makes me want to start studying long and hard!
Tomorrow is Ruth's birthday and I have fake plans to go to my parents for a few days. I am going over to make them breakfast and have Ruth blow out a candle on a waffle before I leave. I remember with such warm and loving feelings how she changed our lives with tender love/life/light in the cold lifelessness of winter 1980! She continues to bless us with her warm and willing love for Faith/Family/Farm!
A visit with Hallel for New Years! I am sure that Susan/Hallel would tell you that Ruth was a wonderful older sister growing up except that she was always running late. All of our girls give us so much joy as they are each a light for the world!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/now-stories-of-johns-4-sistersruth.html
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/susan-angela-agneslittle-sister-hallel.html
I am always so amazed at the beauty that the little sisters fill the chapel with in their use of flowers and icons... it speaks volumes of their love for their spouse and we all partake of this as we drink deeply and immerse ourselves in the peace, joy, love all around us! Their voices raised in song are as though we are in heaven listening to the angels sing their total praise! That is what Hallel means and each time we say her name we are giving her beloved total praise! Jesus, we adore you and love you with our all!!!
The trinity above and Jesus looking over their shoulder. Kneeling before St John Paul II a few days after their wedding 14 years ago... Paul asked; "Please Bless us with a happy healthy family", and this picture is the answer they received!!! YES!!!
Jesus, we are yours!!! May we die to self so that you will live, and move, and breath, and preach, and care for, and give without counting the cost, and forgive, and show mercy as you have shown us, and become your hands and feet! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Lumen Christi/LIGHT of Christ Monastery/the LIGHT on the hill/ and 3 lights that are casting out the darkness of sin and death. The world has embraced a culture of death, but there is hope for a new culture of LIFE to grow more and more starting in our families!
Bless-bless, Barbara Lynn Mary Luke
Love that smile and that Pat asked for this picture with our Hallel!
I love to share in the peace and wisdom of the Holy Spirit when I spend some blessed days with my wonderful parents! Each time I go I am filled with so much gratitude that I still have both of them together and able to share and teach me! Talk about intellectuals, who understand and embrace the Truth from the beginning! My mother has done an amazing Bible Study for the entire Bible and you can check it out here!
https://www.catholicdiagramteacher.com/
https://www.catholicdiagramteacher.com/
this makes is possible to sit and learn at the feet of my out-of- this-world parents with me!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html

An oldie of our family when I was a new nurse soon to work at Hennepin County Hospital.
Pat and I were sharing some thoughts on the birthday of our oldest, Ruth, tomorrow she will be 38. "Was I 38 when we moved over there?" We figured that he was 34 and I was 37 the year we moved to that farm. "I had a baby a year after we moved there, and so did Ruth." I am surprised that we were so similar in age... I would have been 38 when John was born and Ruth was 37 when she had Joy. Our lives have been so similar - not only has she lived the life she had, but we have mirrored our families by having our first 5 in 9 years and then each having a baby a year after moving to this farm! LIFE is a gift! For Pat and I our first and only boy! For Ruth and Paul the surprise of #6 and such sweet JOY!


Love this so much!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment