Tears come to my eyes at the gift I am given regularly now... having time with both of parents in their peaceful loving home!
Dad and I had a fun time laughing about how our name has been used and abused over his long 93 years of life... he will officially be 93 on March 6th, so almost there! "When I was a skinny kid of 18 in the army during WWII.. one of the other soldiers called me "the old rugged Cross', and I was anything but that!" said my dad. "Well, dad, he was prophecying as now you are truly an 'old rugged Cross."
The Cross is hugely important on our journey of Faith, and I love this sign of Truth which came to me with birth... Barbara Cross now Verly!
He sure does well now that thanks to the VA he has his new ability to hear thanks to his cochlear implant! He was sharing with me his love of Jesus and the Mercy he pours upon us with forgiveness and healing... much like the paralytic lowered before Christ, who first forgave his sins and then healed him..."Rise, take up your mat, and walk."
So blessed to be taught at the feet of first my dad and then my mom! She has written a Bible study for the entire Bible, and was sharing with me a thread she had followed through I Kings and II Kings! Her insight into Jehu and how he makes us understand our President Trump and how he is cleaning out the swamp... https://www.catholicdiagramteacher.com/
My parents' website with all of their lives works... my mother with her Bible study, and her books and my father with his talks given to Alcoholics over the years. Both sharing their LIGHT with the world of darkness and sin and death.
Yes, I am one lucky woman to have both of my parents alive and as well as can be expected for today... who knows what tomorrow will hold when they are 88 and 92, but how I love to be here sharing their faith filled days! Out discussions are lively and happy and from deep to light in the blink of an eye!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html A glimpse into the miraculous gift I have been given as my parents led us 11 kids into The Church, and each day since has been a total gift!!!
In my parents' home are the two statues gifted them when my father left his ministry as Permanent Deacon in St Frances De Sales Church in Manistique, MI! My mother's beloved books of Faith and in the center our family picture... surrounded by their daily prayers for their family! We have now reached over 120+! Many prayers and how we are lifted up and depend upon them!
The rug was one my mother made for my sister, Mary, who died at age 28 in 1986 from cancer! How she is in my heart and prayers!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/now-stories-of-johns-4-sistersruth.html
Mass shared with my parents across the river in TF... they lived here 25+ years ago, and there are so many fond memories of their house on Angel Hill here!
I had the delightful chance to speak to their young priest, Father John Drees, after mass. I asked the Holy Spirit to make a way as I was certain that he would know some of the 4 that had gone to St Thomas... Maria, Joseph, Susan/Hallel, and John! He was standing there as we walked out and I was able to speak with him and discovered that he knew all 4!! So much fun to share with him, and he with me about how he and son-in-law, Joseph studied in the same area and he knew of Hallel and the community and had studied there with John for the year he was in seminary! Nothing better than to share with these amazing young people that are answering the call so powerfully and beautifully!
From my perspective... the Church is alive and well and becoming better all the time with the love I see coming from all these young followers of Christ and His Bride, The Church!
A fun trip up to drive past my parents' former home after mass! It looks much the same from the outside and we shared the many fond memories we have from our years coming here to their charming home on Angel Hill!
One of my favorites on Angel Hill on Easter 1991... the Easter Hat/John falling down picture that we all laugh about to this day! A Classic! Good for a smile at any time whatsoever!
Another heart touching picture from 4years ago... I wrote this;
Now there's a son, who loves his Mother! Don't worry this mother is not jealous... I am thrilled to see her there with him each day! I love her, too, more than I can say, and look to her each day with all my heart as I prayerfully put all my children, husband, and needs in her hands! Mary, Mother of God, come to our assistance... our port in the storms of LIFE! Jesus, we trust in YOU. Bless-bless — with John Verly.
This picture brings back a hard place for John at this time. He was a 4H program coordinator in Jackson, MN, and had just been told at Mayo that it was starting to look like he would have dementia after his whole brain radiation! I will let you hear from him about that in this promotional video he made in Chicago last spring...
One more walk down memory lane back in the 80's - mid 90's of our family journey!
The traditional Sunday Dinner with mom and dad... wonderful! Filled with discussion of the mass, homily and readings from today! A point of discussion also was the second reading from St Paul to the Corinthians about married versus unmarried. Yes, we do work at pleasing our spouses, yet we try to keep the Lord first in our relationship!
Was St Paul a single celibate man or married? I tend to think of him as single and single minded in his love of Jesus and work for The Church! My parents and I also discussed the authority of the priesthood... it appears on the day of ordination and is beautiful to witness indeed!
Mom's table is always a work of art indeed! I am so happy and spoiled and filled with happiness to be here spending these wonderful gift days with my parents!
Jesus, how we love you with our all!!! May we die to self so that you may live within us and we may become your hands and feet! May we carry/drag our Most cherished Cross and follow after you down the narrow path to heaven forever with you, Jesus, Mary, your Mother of heaven and earth and all the wonderful Saints! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
John and Bobbi with Hallel and The Community of the Lamb in KC last weekend! They had a wonderful time together and report that their marriage prep day yesterday was amazing! Love the work our Church is doing to get marriages off on the right foot. Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Love my Sunday JOYFUL pictures!!! Last week after mass with youngest granddaughter, 10 month old JOY!

The humble truth shared by Mr Rogers!

St Teresa of Calcutta !


Embrace the mysteries of Our Faith.

How often to I push aside my day to day duties because they don't seem important enough? I feel the need to do Big Noticeable Things. But St. Angela reminds us God calls us to be faithful in the small, sometimes unseen, tasks of our vocations.
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
Danielle Rose - Pursue me
Danielle Rose - See you in the Eucharist










No comments:
Post a Comment