Tuesday, January 9, 2018

"The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God" Epheisans 6:17/School of the Word

Hallel putting Jesus in the monstrance for me when I was there the week after Thanksgiving to help Nancy after she had lost Maximilian.  Such an intimate moment for me to hear my daughter's beautiful voice giving her Spouse love and praise in song, as she worshiped Him and I was allowed to have a Holy Hour!


Hallel called yesterday to remind us that we were to find them some small pocket calendars as they don't have phones or computers with them daily.  Pat's cousin, Roger Verly, has them and 10 are promised for the Community... John will deliver them next weekend when he is going down to introduce Bobbi to Hallel and our family of the Lamb!  How I love this closeness to her and how she asks us to help her when she has a need.  It truly is a gift called being a mom and dad to her!  Nothing better!
O my Jesus!!!  My heart is bursting with so much LOVE for you in Sacrament and Word!


A wonderful newsletter arrived from the Little Sisters a week ago and I wish I could share the entire content here!  It is full of powerful stories and a wonderful explanation of the "school of the Word." I have to say that Jesus in his Word has become so powerful for me and filled each day with so much/too much/more than I can ever share here or really take in! 


The Community has really contributed to this in how they "manducate" the Gospel each day..."it means to repeat it verse by verse that it may enter our memory but most of all our heart.  And we beg the Holy Spirit to enlighten us to answer three questions: 'Who are you, Lord, who am I, and what do you want me to do?' "
The Word is processed in with incense and bowing and always on Hallel's face pure JOY at the sight of her LOVE!  I always look for Hallel and the look of LOVE she has in her huge glowing smile!
Her arms are full of her nieces and nephews this year!  Dominic is her namesake as they are a Dominican Community.


Today in morning prayer in The Magnificat speaking of how the Word "is a two-edged sword of his living Word, we cut through all that fetters us and our world to ways of thinking and doing inspired by kingdoms not his own."    I love the inspiration and Truth that the Word gives me with each new day... starting the night before I read the readings with great excitement for the next day... this was modeled for me by Hallel and her Community of the Lamb!
So blessed to have 2 daughters in KC for the year!!!  God's plan is so beautiful... to have Nancy and Bill move there so that we have a family home to stay in while we find times to spend with Hallel and share in her powerful life of prayer and becoming Christ more and more with each day of taking in Christ in Sacrament and Word!


I now know what to pray for when I study prayerfully the readings for each new day!
1.  Who are you, Lord?
2.  Who am I, Lord?
3.  What do you want me to do, Lord?
I love to sit at the feet of The Community and grow in my contemplative call to prayer and share The Truth using words!
It is such a gift for my grandchildren to have such a powerful witness of love for Christ in all that they do!


The Gospel today as we are in Ordinary time is anything but ordinary!  The first preaching/teaching and healing by Jesus... "the people were astonished... his fame spread everywhere."  After celebrating Advent/Christmas with so much anticipation and JOY...now lets dig into The Word and grow from he inside/our hearts out in The Truth that will set us free from the chains of sin and death!
The engagement picture on the wall... John is taking his future marriage and hope for family very seriously by starting to get his teaching degree!  On line courses after work as a para and then busy speech season and marriage prep!  "It's coming at me so fast!"  Keep John in your prayers with us, please.  Life is a bit overwhelming right now, but in a good way!
John loves his Spiritual Mother and she is looking out for him in all...


 I loved having the kids busy working at the table with school and projects for the fair.  It just was a great sight for me last night.  It reminds me of Maria a year ago here home-schooling her kids at this same table each day!
A busy house full a year ago including homeschooling at the table!


Jesus, how I love you with all that I have!  I am on the edge of my seat as I am filled with all that you can give me through your amazing Word!  May the sword of The Word of God touch many this day and bring them to the LIGHT of Truth!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and hallelujah
Top knots a year ago... LOVE!  Both of these girls are running around now, and just got to spend a few days at CCC together!  Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Now Joy Jean has joined them!  3 girls are the Best!!! 
Image may contain: text
Hallel's confirmation saint!  LOVE St Agnes!
Her beautiful statue - St Agnes with The Lamb.. a replica of the statue from Hiroshima where the entire church was destroyed and she lost her hand but protected and saved The Lamb!  LOVE!

An article from the paper a year ago... They have added Joy, Ruth now stays at home full time while she farms and protects life as a Creighton Model Instructor, and Paul is now Dean full time as well as farming on the side.  Life does not stand still!  But still a good read!
http://www.marshallindependent.com/news/local-news/2017/01/returning-home/
True Love/The Cross - Danielle Rose
Who am I. Lord?  - Casting Crowns











Image may contain: text



No comments:

Post a Comment