John and I counted the images of Jesus and Mary we had in our living space a few years back... a couple dozen of each! I am sitting here late in the day trying to share a bit and I look up at a picture and two statues gazing back at me!
Statue of Mary given my parents when they left Manistique, MI about 7 years ago. My brother made this special spot for her.
She is truly with me through each day. I had the delight of just spending an hour and a half with Jesus in Adoration chapel, and much of the time is praying the 10 decades of my rosary - so to Jesus through Mary!
Hallel and Luke surrounded by icons in the chapel of Lumen Christi/Light of Christ!
Just as I am obsessed with photos, and have them all around my home to cherish my loved ones.... I also love my images and pictures of Mary, Jesus and many of the Saints all over my home. As John likes to say; "It is pretty obvious when someone walks into our home that we are Catholic."
On Christmas day with Nancy and Hallel/Susan gathered around the icon of the nativity in front of the altar! Sitting in the straw of the stable.My day has flown by... just as I was sitting down to share I got a call from Ruth that her 5 year old, Rose, needed to come home due to a gunky eye. So I went to pick her up, then a visit with Ruth, then back to town for the best time of my week in Adoration, a call from my farmer husband that was home in the middle of the day just as I was saying my last prayers!!!
Love to see these sisters together! It is hard for Ruth to get there with her family of 8, but she managed over New Years. Hallel isn't able to visit her family. We are limited on visiting her during Advent of Lent, and are blessed with those windows we can share in their lives!
I loved to see the picture of King David dancing "before the Lord with abandon." He definitely recognized his presence in the ark of the Lord! I, too, feel that way when I am before him in the monstrance! Psalm 24 today in the mass..." Who is this king of glory? It is the Lord!"
"Who is this king of glory?
The LORD of hosts; he is the king of glory."
Rose - #4 in her family with her Aunt Little Sister Hallel , who was my #4. She looks a lot like her Aunt did!
Jesus reminds us today in the Gospel that we, who have been adopted into his family are doing His Will! "Here are my mother and my brothers.
For whoever does the will of God
is my brother and sister and mother." Mark 3
These two are close!!! Simon has been surrounded by many prayers from his Aunt Hallel. She is a beautiful example to him of a wonderful LOVE for Jesus and he for her! And with that love comes the longing to do His Will! Obeying him in all things.
Jesus, we know you and love you with our all!!! May we die to self and enter more fully into your Family/domestic Church. Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
Praying hard for my Big Dave... he is struggling with temp and sore throat and "a bad hacky cough."
Jesus, watch over our little ones during this illness season.



Love!!!
Love is sacrificial and it saves lives. This is #WhyWeMarch
Photo Credit: Emily Green

#SaintoftheDay St. Marianne Cope (1838–1918), also known as St. Marianne of Molokai, was a German-born American immigrant. She worked in a New York factory before entering the Sisters of the Third Order of Saint Francis in Syracuse. She spent her early years serving as a leader in health care and education. When the Hawaiian government was searching for a religious order to run a station for vict...ims of leprosy, the Syracuse sisters volunteered immediately. Mother Marianne and six other sisters left for Hawaii in 1883. She devoted 35 years to caring for those afflicted with Hansen’s disease (leprosy) in Molokai, Hawaii. She also opened a hospital and a school for girls on the island of Maui, and took charge of the home St. Damien of Molokai established for men and boys. Mother Marianne changed life on Molokai by introducing cleanliness, dignity, and fun into the colony. Despite her direct contact with leprosy patients over many years, she was not afflicted by the disease, which some consider miraculous. She was canonized in 2012 and her feast day is January 23.


– Pope St. John Paul II




No comments:
Post a Comment