Mary is 11 years old and this was about the age of Susan/Hallel when on the way home from a week of girl's camp at Schoenstatt in Sleepy Eye... she told me that she thought she was going to be a nun. The path to sisterhood was not a straight direct one, but it did prove to be words inspired by the Holy Spirit for her!
Going full circle... Mary made her first week of camp this last summer and enjoyed it very much. I am sure that she will now have Schoenstatt camp as part of her summers and that of her sisters coming behind her!
I was sharing with my parents that I had to seek out nuns in habits to expose my girls to this back when they were girls and now there are two orders of habited nuns close by to us... The Handmaids in New Ulm and the Sisters of the Mary the Morning Star in Ghent. Also we have Aunt Little Sister Hallel showing them the beauty and JOY of consecrated life and I know there are already fake plans for Mary and Therese to go there and spend some time in a few years from now!
http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/susan-angela-agneslittle-sister-hallel.html
A gift this morning!!! My parents each sat in the wing chairs and I on the footstool with the phone on the desk on speaker phone and we all had a half hour conversation with Hallel in KC!!
My parents at their age are not able to make the trip to KC to see her, so I have been encouraging them to give her a call. But I could see that it was not going to happen, so I decided to make the call while I was here and it fell into place! My parents could both here her happy voice and ask questions and learn a bit about her life, and feel like they have touched base with her while in the U.S. for the first time in 9 years.
"I am not sure if we have ever sat down and had a talk with Susan/Hallel." said my dad, and with 35 grandchildren that could be very true indeed. For sure they have not spoken to her since she left to join the Community... this fall that will be 10 years!
Hallel in KC walking into the light on one of our visits.
It was cute to hear her share that tomorrow there will be "loud cries" in the monastery. "Nancy and her kids are coming for their hour of adoration, and it gets loud in the chapel. I try to go there and pray with the kids some of the time." But we both know that she loves the little ones and it is a joyful noise unto the Lord! Even though I can't see Hallel while we were talking... we could hear the smile in her voice!
A peaceful sleeping Josephine Francis taking a nap on Hallel.
There were those powerful moments in our conversation and it only seems right that the Gospel for today would be a big part of that as I know how much Hallel and The Community has "menducated" each line starting last night!
She shared this deep and powerful Holy Spirit moment about when Jesus went into the room of the dead girl with her mother and her father and brought her back to LIFE! "Jesus took her mother and her father and went into death and brought her out to life." How powerful is that for all those parents, whose children has left behind their good life and entered sin and death and that with Jesus we can go in to death and bring them out alive and breathing in and out and a heart beating with LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT! A beautiful promise and something to cling to! The healing hand and heart of Jesus!!
We also discussed Cora Jesu/Heart of Jesus that has started to happen in our diocese and how it all ties into the other part of the Gospel of touching the hem of his garment!
Here is the story from my page devoted to Hallel's call;
"There is one story which happened towards the end of Susan's time in the Discernment house - there was a gathering called Cor Jesu - Heart of Jesus - which had begun among the Catholic young people at St Thomas. Susan invited me as she was to do a small sharing as part of the night. She stepped up to the podium and simply and shortly spoke of her love for Jesus and his Bride, the Church. Then Fr Craig and some other priest put Jesus in the monstrance in the altar for adoration and around the base of the monstrance was a scarf/altar cloth that draped around and hung on both sides. The church was packed with young people and we were invited up to hold onto the hem of his garment in a close and personal time with Christ. To add to the power and glory there was reconciliation going on with numerous priests at the same time as well as amazing praise and worship music being led by groups of talented guitars and singers! The most powerful sight to behold was a sister, who had been Christ's bride probably for 20+ years up on her knees and holding onto his garment in intimate prayer time with her spouse! I share this story when I give talks at TEC for the Church People of God with the song by Danielle Rose- If I touch him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaCR24-tkWI Danielle too considered a call and lived for a time in a convent in New Orleans - she discerned out but continues to work for Christ as a musical missionary! "
Danielle Rose - If I touch him
Jesus, I love you and your Bride, The Church, always there to help me down the narrow path! Thank you for the call of Hallel, and her joy and beautiful insight into Jesus/The Word of God made flesh and dwelling among us in Mercy and LOVE! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
I have my nun because of my call to discern this amazing wonderful LIFE of a spouse of Christ! I am so blessed to be able to share in her contemplative life from time to time! Bless-bless, Barbara Mary Luke
And to have her wonderful prayers surrounding our family! Mom and dad shared with her that they pray for her daily and she thanked them for this needed help in her daily following Jesus! We love all there is for the Church and do not pick and choose! "We love Pope Francis! He is leading us to Christ and acting as Christ in the world." Hallel




No comments:
Post a Comment