Tuesday, January 2, 2018

My Most Cherished Cross = My Honey..."Sing to the Lord a new song" in 2018

Ruth and Paul and family back from a few days over New Years with Hallel in KC!  I stopped in to hear about their time and it was all positive.  They got to spend a couple nice times with Hallel and The Community of the Lamb, and then have lots of fun with cousins at Nancy and Bill's home. 


"I appreciate a lot more all the times that Nancy and Bill go back and forth.  It's a long trip!  We might not get back down there while Hallel is here for the rest of the year, but it was nice to get there and have some time with her and the Little Sisters and Brothers."  Ruth reported this morning.
The gathered on New Year's Day for mass and a shared meal with those from the Community.  "Hallel told me that she was only up until midnight for the Vigil of the Solemnity of Mary the night before."  reported Mary
It was Joy's first trip to KC and Hallel had not seen her since her home visit in May when Joy was just a month old.  Yes, she has one new tooth on the bottom.  She looks very happy to be spending time with her Aunt Hallel!


Pat and I had the joy of sharing morning prayer with the Little Sisters and Brothers the day after Christmas and then to our delight we were given a small private room to share breakfast with just Susan/Hallel!  Hallel asked us about how our marriage was going and it was encouraging to hear Pat share that I have changed and become more loving in how I deal with him; "Your mother has started calling me "honey" and usually starts her comments with "honey this honey that".  It is so much better and kinder than how she used to sound when I talked to her or called her."
With her little 4 year old Luke Paul!  These will be cherished keepsakes for the kids, I know. I borrowed the pictures from Ruth's beautiful camera!


I do notice the change in me and pondered why or when it happened.  Getting through the stress of fall work has helped, but the early passing of two men leaving behind their wives is probably the biggest thing that brought about the change.  One widow expressed that you should never let your husband leave in the morning without a kiss goodbye.  I tried that a few times, but usually I settle for a verbal kiss with the words; "Goodbye Honey, have a wonderful day!"    It is becoming more and more natural and it does help me to have a pleasant and loving attitude towards him, and visa versa.
Rose reminds me a lot of my girls and Susan quite a bit.

I could tell that my calling Pat, My Most Cherished Cross, was not his favorite.  Although True and important to embrace to find LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT in our marriage one for the other... we know how we resist the pain and hardships in our lives and it can lead us to be less than loving.  So this truly has been a mind and heart change for me, and Pat noticed and expressed it to Susan at our wonderful intimate private breakfast with her before we headed for home!  Thank you, Lord!
The Psalm for today is very much one I want to hold close here at the beginning of 2018
"Sing to the LORD a new song,
for he has done wondrous deeds;"  Psalm 98
It is never too late to sing a "new song" filled with more love, respect and thanksgiving!  It brings so much hope for better years ahead.
9 year old Big Dave!  How blessed is he to have a wonderful Aunt, who has said "yes" to her Spouse's call to love Him above all else!  Such a beautiful option, and each day I pray that each one of my grandchildren will consider it!  
Soon to be 12 year old Mary.  Mary told me that Hallel showed her the rooms they have for those that want to come and spend some time and share in their contemplative life of prayer.  "When I get a bit older I think I will go there and spend some time."  I know that Maria wants Therese to do that someday, too.  Maybe they can share the experience some time in the future.  My prayers are hoping for them to share in this beautiful life!
Simon and Hallel... he is very special to her as their birthdays are just 2 days apart and he is the oldest nephew to her.  Her prayers are always with him as he navigates life with the added cross of autism.  Love this so much!!! 

"And now, children, remain in him,
so that when he appears we may have confidence..."
I John 2:28 from the first reading in mass today.
Yes, we long to remain always in him and love as he loved us and have mercy and forgiveness as he has for us!
Luke and Bernadette out caroling with the Community...

Lord, Keep all safe in this cold wind this day... man and beast!  Keep my honey safe as he cares for the animals to feed the world.  Thank you for helping me to be more loving and forgiving and help me to do ever better with your help as I die to self so that you may live in me.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
Joy caroling in KC!
Surrounded by LIGHT and blessed to expand our family with the Community of the Lamb!  Whoever said that Hallel would not be able to give us more family, doesn't understand how this works.  We have now 200+ more wonderful varied and amazing members in our family of the Lamb!  Bless-bless, Barbara Lynn Mary Luke
KC was warmed up by caroling with Aunt Hallel!
Image may contain: text

My hero of LIFE and family!
Exciting times ahead!!!  So many prayers for love to grow and grow and doors to open ahead of them!
John promo video... hoping to speak and share his finding love through brain cancer!
Danielle Rose - Pursue me
Danielle Rose - the Saint that is just me
Danielle Rose - Wonderfully made
Ryan Severson - the Gospel


No comments:

Post a Comment