Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Healings at sunset, recognizing - "You are the Son of God!"/Life in the middle is good!

Yesterday was my brother Dan's 37th wedding anniversary!  Yes, they both come from huge families and celebrated it so beautifully in their wedding party!  Such a testament to loving and being open to LIFE!  Angela with her 7 sisters and Dan with his 4 brothers and a brother-in -law, and 2 friends to make it 7!  So amazing and speaking of their shared Faith in The Church!
Labor Day 3 years ago in KC!  All of us together with newborn Josephine, and soon to arrive Maria's Evangeline and then Ruth's Joy!  Now John has added Bobbi and his son, Jude.  Nancy has had 4 since - losing Maximilian and Catherine and then having her arms filled with George.  Maria has added Hector, too!

These family pictures are precious, but we have to keep adding new ones with the additions that we welcome as our love grows bigger with each new LIFE!  We had just returned from sharing mass and St Teresa of Calcutta was canonized this day - tomorrow will be her feast day and I am anticipating with great excitement!
 A oil painting of my baby sister, Mary, which my mother painted over 60 years ago... Mary passed away from cancer at age 28 - 33 years ago now.  Next to it one of the decopage caligraphy Bible verses I did as a baby Catholic 48 years ago.  Faded by from the Beattitudes...
There are leaves and blossoms on each letter and reminds me of this stunning banner Angela made for my parents' 70th anniversary!
Moved into the office... my dad working there this morning on his finances.  He amazes me at how sharp he is.

Dad and I noticed that the Gospel has now started to come to us from Luke!  I am a huge fan of Luke and love how he has given us the beautiful things about Mary - His Gospel provides us with the "Hail Mary" and therefore the Rosary prayer!  Luke is my patron Saint, chosen when I became an adult convert to The Church along with my family of 13 in 1971!  I was in nursing school and he was a physician, and helped to love Mary.
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
An icon mom painted on one side (Yes, she is an artist) and banner on the other.

The Gospel from Luke does not disappoint!  Today such a beautiful snap shot of Jesus healing Simon's mother-in-law!  Imagine being deathly ill with a high fever, and suddenly you are feeling fine!  Such a difference and how you would want to get up immediately and show your gratitude in all ways possible... making food, waiting on him hand and foot!  Then after people are done with the work of the day they start bringing their sick to him...He touches each one and heals them!
At sunset, all who had people sick with various diseases brought them to him.
He laid his hands on each of them and cured them.
And demons also came out from many, shouting, "You are the Son of God."
But he rebuked them and did not allow them to speak
because they knew that he was the Christ.
Luke 4
My mother a bit better this morning.  Up early with curlers in her hair and dressed.  Our Lady of Guadalupe looking down on her!

I am quite easily able to put myself in the story from the Gospel today... seeing those possessed recognize Jesus as the Son of God is amazing me and giving me Faith to move mountains!  Jesus, how we know that you are our ALL, and we need nothing else to consume us!

The next verses start with Jesus going off to a "deserted place" to spend time with his Heavenly Father... that is much like I feel when I am praying with my parents here in their peaceful home.  I keep thinking that things have to change here, yet I do see the beauty of what we are making happen for them here in their home.
St John the Apostle of LOVE looking on.

Lord, how we love you and long to give all over to You!  We are weak and lowly and look to you for healing and words of The Kingdom as your Word dwells within us and guides and directs us on this journey as we carry/drag our Most Cherished Cross and follow after you.  We trust in your Truth and Plan for us.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
I am enjoying quality time with John amping up with an Anatomy course we are working on together.  Last night I worked with him on a chapter on the phone here.  It feels good to be in the middle of my parents and my family... I am blessed to have them all!!!  I know that the Lord is in control in this small storm I call my life.  A storm where we sense the power of nature, but know that we are safe in with the Son of God in our midst.  Jesus, I love you!  Bless-bless, Barb in the middle and happy to be there!
John and Jude before a test - we used Lourdes water and prayed mightily!  Behind them grandma Anne's statue of the Immaculate heart!  Such a precious gift for John and Bobbi!
Image may contain: 4 people, including Ruth Lanoue and Paul Lanoue, people smiling, people standing and outdoor
Paul wrote;
Official 2nd day of school picture (Day 1 had kids bolting down driveway to catch the bus.). Simon - 9th grade. Mary 8th, David - 5th, Rose - 2nd. Luke will be joining them for kindergarten next week. It was a busy summer and we will miss having the crew around to help out. Blessings to them, their teachers and classmates for a great year! 
Now asking for the Lord to reveal his plan as he has calmed the storm of brain cancer!
Casting Crowns - Praise him in the Storm
Danielle Rose - Small things with great love

No comments:

Post a Comment