The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Love in a jar for old and young... why we do the work!/Hallel in KC rejoice with Hallel Psalm
Bernadette loving our applesauce for dessert! How my heart soars to highest heights to see the kids scrape their bowls clean and say how much they love our canned food! That is why we do the work!
Gus and Dominic loving our food made with LOVE for 7 families!
My mother this morning eating a bowl of applesauce with breakfast! One of the families that appreciate the food we grow and can. I have along our first batch of tomato soup for the year. They love it!
With our Hallel in KC almost 2 years ago now...
I just got a call from Hallel… she got here from France last evening! Another family that loves our soup and applesauce! She is back in KC, and now I am so wanting to get there to see her, and it would be great to be there for her birthday in a week, but probably pushing myself on them a bit soon! I am so very thrilled and happy that we have her here for another year, along with all the Little Sisters that were here last year!
Ruth with Hallel on New Years 2018.
I just had a wonderful phone conversation with Hallel and in the midst found out that Son-in-Law, Joseph is in KC for the week! Susan and I had just talked about how it is too bad that Joseph could not join his family for the visit this summer. Talk about the Holy Spirit at work, and the JOY that I am experiencing knowing that he and Hallel can get together some evening this week! Thank you, Lord!!
Hallel with Joseph at Easter in KC a couple years ago. They have now added Hector to their family and he was 6 months on the 8th!
I am so excited to know that Hallel and Joseph will be able to spend some time together as it has been another long time since they were able to share!
Yes, they are known for their silly antics, and it makes us all laugh and find happiness in our family times supreme. When your family members are gone and unable to share for long periods of time it makes the time that much more wonderful and special!!! Hallel has been gone to France for two months of the summer, so I am very excited to make a trip to KC!
George got his spoon when we were feeding him his baby cereal mixed with some of our wonderful applesauce. He likes it! That was the first food that I fed my babies when they were about 5 months old. They and their dad would shared applesauce and cottage cheese.
George is loved by his older sibs so much!
Such wonderful readings in mass today! St Paul with so much to say and important warnings of why we look to The Church for keeping us on the narrow path!
Brothers and sisters:
"As you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in him,
rooted in him and built upon him
and established in the faith as you were taught,
abounding in thanksgiving.
See to it that no one captivate you with an empty, seductive philosophy
according to the tradition of men,
according to the elemental powers of the world
and not according to Christ."
Colossians 2
Looking to Jesus and His Bride, The Church, for The Way, the Truth and the LIFE!
The girls eating their wonderful applesauce with smiles galore!
So special to find an Hallel Psalm in mass today - 145 and how we are rejoicing to have her here with us for the next year!!Responsorial Psalm Ps 145:1b-2, 8-9, 10-11
- R.(9) The Lord is compassionate toward all his works.
- I will extol you, O my God and King,
- and I will bless your name forever and ever.
- Every day will I bless you,
- and I will praise your name forever and ever.
- R. The Lord is compassionate toward all his works.
- The LORD is gracious and merciful,
- slow to anger and of great kindness.
- The LORD is good to all
- and compassionate toward all his works.
R. The Lord is compassionate toward all his works.
Let all your works give you thanks, O LORD,
and let your faithful ones bless you.
Let them discourse of the glory of your Kingdom
and speak of your might.
R. The Lord is compassionate toward all his works.
I will praise your Name forever!!!! You spoil us Lord with this surprise family time in KC!
George with his wonderful mother! It was so good to have family time and miss rushhour around the Cities in their special home now only 2 1/2 hours from our home to theirs'. We drive through farm country to get there, too!
Their wall of family pictures for the 9 years they have been married. George has yet to arrive here in the official picture.
JOY!!! Rejoice!!! Mom joined dad and I for morning prayer this morning. It has been a month since she has prayed with us out of her well worn prayer book!
I truly do feel as though I am gifted with going to the mountain to pray along with Jesus here! My parents led me into The Church as they listened to the Holy Spirit direct their lives 48 years ago!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
Dad on the other side of me in prayer... I truly was the grateful sandwich praising God to the highest heights today!
The Gospel today started...
Jesus departed to the mountain to pray,
and he spent the night in prayer to God...
And he came down with them and stood on a stretch of level ground.
A great crowd of his disciples and a large number of the people
from all Judea and Jerusalem
and the coastal region of Tyre and Sidon
came to hear him and to be healed of their diseases;
and even those who were tormented by unclean spirits were cured.
Everyone in the crowd sought to touch him
because power came forth from him and healed them all.
Luke 6
Lord, how we are loved by you! Your power comes forth and heals us and then you spoil us with so much unconditional LOVE and forgiveness! We need only reach out and touch you and your Power and LOVE heal and minister to us in our needs. Thank you for getting Hallel safely back to the U.S. and for the gift of family time she is given with her Joseph! I am loving this window of time here with both of my parents on this day in September with the sun and the changing leaves! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
Picked some roses from my mother's garden for her to enjoy and found a tiny fall leaf to add to the display... fall is in the air! Hallel shared that it is in the 90s in KC with humidity. I know that Nancy and family do not miss that, but they do sorely miss being close to Hallel and The Community each week. Very sad about not seeing them and praying in their chapel weekly for her hour of adoration with the kids not in school...
JOY!!! Rejoice!!! Mom joined dad and I for morning prayer this morning. It has been a month since she has prayed with us out of her well worn prayer book!
I truly do feel as though I am gifted with going to the mountain to pray along with Jesus here! My parents led me into The Church as they listened to the Holy Spirit direct their lives 48 years ago!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
Dad on the other side of me in prayer... I truly was the grateful sandwich praising God to the highest heights today!
The Gospel today started...
Jesus departed to the mountain to pray,
and he spent the night in prayer to God...
And he came down with them and stood on a stretch of level ground.
A great crowd of his disciples and a large number of the people
from all Judea and Jerusalem
and the coastal region of Tyre and Sidon
came to hear him and to be healed of their diseases;
and even those who were tormented by unclean spirits were cured.
Everyone in the crowd sought to touch him
because power came forth from him and healed them all.
Luke 6
Lord, how we are loved by you! Your power comes forth and heals us and then you spoil us with so much unconditional LOVE and forgiveness! We need only reach out and touch you and your Power and LOVE heal and minister to us in our needs. Thank you for getting Hallel safely back to the U.S. and for the gift of family time she is given with her Joseph! I am loving this window of time here with both of my parents on this day in September with the sun and the changing leaves! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and Hallelujah
My mother smiled big at the beautiful beets from Ruth's garden and our work of LOVE - tomato soup! We canned 90 quarts on Friday with another big job to do this Friday. Fitting in all the pieces of the puzzle that makes up the LIFE of Barb these days. So many blessings and I am filled with JOY! Bless-bless, Barb and all!

Kutless - Holy of Holies
Jesus is there in the tabernacle come to HIM!
Finding Faith through brain cancer!
Ryan Severson - Eye of the Storm
Jeremy Camp - Dead man walking
“Wherever I may be I will often think of
Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
I will fix my thoughts on the holy Tabernacle – even when I
happen to wake up at night - adoring Him from where I am,
calling to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament,
offering up to Him the action I am performing.
I will install one telegraph cable from my study
to the Church, another from my bedroom, and a third from our
refectory; and as often as I can, I will send messages of
love to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.”
Venerable Andrew Beltrami (+1897)
Salesian priest
His mother, upon entrusting him
to the Salesian Novice Master said,
"Make him a saint".
Asking for healing of mind and body, O Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment