Today is our youngest daughter's 34th birthday! Susan/Little Sister Hallel is having her birthday and we are thinking about her with so much love and longing to be there with her. She is only 7 hours away in Kansas City after spending the summer in France where we gathered around her a year ago for her final vows!
Evangeline getting to know her Aunt Hallel this summer when we were gifted with a couple days living with her in the Monastery - Lumen Christi/Light of Christ!
Giving Mary a kiss in the grotto of The Nativity as we shared with Mary and Jesus our needs.
There are many in our extended family now as we look at changes for our parents and all the ups and downs that involves. Mary and Jesus hear our pleas and prayers.
Hallel meeting Hector in July... she was able to meet all the 3 new nephews since she is in KC!
Mother with the flowers from her garden giving her comfort.
Dad read to her from the daily reading by Brother Antione, who was sharing the Prayer of Abandonment by Blessed Charles de Faucauld… which dad is pointing out that in their situation this is how they should be praying...
Prayer of Abandonment
Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures –
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
and in all your creatures –
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.
Charles de Foucauld
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.
Many discussions around the coffee table with such big decisions ahead.
Their nurse Sarah pointing out the positives about being closer to Vets and family in the Cities and mom getting better medical help, too.
Pat went home and will be coming back to get me tomorrow... a lunch visit with Nancy and the 3 youngest at home.
Smiling happy George is worth the trip!
Dad sharing the prayer of Abandonment...
The first reading today from I Timothy 3 today is stunning in how St Paul presents to us the Church...
the household of God,
which is the Church of the living God,
the pillar and foundation of truth.
How amazing to hear this proclaimed to us this day! Sitting here at the feet of my parents, who listening to The Holy Spirit brought all 13 of us into The Church 47 years ago! The Truth is indeed dwelling in Jesus and His Bride, The Church!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
Sharing his wisdom with my mother and I is such a blessing and a gift!
A friend from church stopped in with banana bread and left with the book in which is our story of conversion - Spiritual Journeys. How we love to share our story of coming into The Church and indeed finding the Household of God, and pillar and foundation of Truth!
Jesus, we are humbled and we abandon our wills and ourselves totally to you. You are in control and we trust in you. May we die to self so that you may live in us and we may become your hands and feet. Bless-bless, Barb

https://

Mysteries of the Rosary Board Book Set is AVAILABLE! Come check them out!
https://










No comments:
Post a Comment