Tuesday, September 14, 2021

September mud puddles/Exultation of The Cross - "This is how one loves"/"At the name of Jesus every knee should bend"

Mary and her namesake about 12 years ago!  She is now 15.
Much more grown up and humoring grandma when she was 9 or 10.  It was the Feast of the Name of Mary on Sunday and these fond precious memories came back to me.  My Mary is now a grown up young woman very busy and doing so much...  I pray that in the midst of all that she finds her Faith as foremost importance and continues to love her namesake, who is Queen of Heaven and earth and of the Angels and the Saints
Baby Rose 9 years ago - the crops were much greener and more abundant as we had a terrible drought for most of our summer.  It only just started to rain in the last few weeks after much prayer.
4 year old Joy had her first day of Preschool yesterday, and it was a hit!  She had to show me her Halloween costume, but I think mom might have other ideas as there is usually a family theme.
Gathered around the table working on projects is better than screens!  They were talking about Cross Christmas Camp, which is a go for this year!  "I love to play in the basement at CCC!"  "I love the dance!"  "It will be the first CCC for our baby brother!"  Fake plans are filling us with HOPE and JOY!
I am getting in touch with the city girl come to the farm these days - since the kids are in school and Ruth is 7 months pregnant - I am called upon to help my hubby.  Here I was calling them to greener pastures and then on to a new pasture.  "It will be tricky to get them to go through a new gate, especially when they have to go through green pastures to get there."
Yes, it was tricky and I failed miserably!  We had to wait until the kids got home from school to eventually get them into the new pasture.
Rain over the afternoon was welcome and we sure do love to jump in those rain puddles in our farm rubber boots!  
It is good to wash off her boots after she fed the goats with mom.  
Rose back from helping grandpa and Simon move the cows into a new pasture had so many curls around her smiling face.  I have so much respect for the farm kids that are comfortable helping grandpa, and know what they are doing!  Grandpa really appreciates their help, too!  Thanks, Rose Again!
Even 9 year old Rose in the puddles! 
Counting our blessings for the rain.  We still have to put tanks in the new pasture and haul water out there, but maybe soon we will have our creeks running again.  
4 years ago picking up bales with 5 month old Joy.  Pat continues to talk about cutting more hay - a constant job in the summer and fall.  Soon we will be doing our corn stalk bales
Rose after her first day of Kindergarten 4 years ago... she is now in 4th grade!  

Yes, the Cross is how one loves!  I will always cherish these words of wisdom from my nun daughter, Little Sister Hallel on the occasion of her sister, Nancy's engagement to Bill...

" Nancy, Look I am writing you a letter... aren't you impressed? Well, you better be because both you and I know how often this happens. I am writing to tell you now extremely excited I am about your engagement to Bill. I have to admit, when I got the news I wasn't really shocked but that night as it sunk in during adoration and the next day during mass I was so happy. My heart overflowed with joy for you. How beautiful to know that you have found your... most cherished cross. While I have never had the experience of being married, from what I hear is that he will truly be your cross. But not your cross as human eyes look at it, as a thing to run away from, as a thing of torture but rather as that which is truly the tree of life. It is only when clinging to the cross that one can truly live, it is the source of all life and of all love. Your marriage to Bill will be this, not something to run away from when it gets hard and when it hurts, but something to hold tight to, especially when it hurts because it is in this that you will find life and love. Know that it is through your marriage that Jesus wants to show you his great love for you and also that the best example that you can give to the world of Christ's love is a marriage lived in truth. So, in other words, know that I am so happy for you and that I love you a whole lot. Know that you are in my prayers during this crazy time of wedding planning; that you may not go crazy but rather learn to love each other better and that you may both have great joy and great peace. Remember to pray for me too! God Bless, Your little Sister Hallel "

Hubby called to have me see the rainbow over the golden bean field and rain puddles.


St JPII help me to embrace my Most Cherished Cross to find LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT!  For this is truly how one loves!  

 Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God,
        did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.
    Rather, he emptied himself,
    taking the form of a slave,
    coming in human likeness;
    and found human in appearance,
    he humbled himself,
    becoming obedient to death,
        even death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him
    and bestowed on him the name
    that is above every name,
    that at the name of Jesus
    every knee should bend,
    of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    and every tongue confess that
    Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.  Phil 2
Yes!  My rosary is so powerful these days - I am called to pray in pasture, in my chapel on wheels, in our glorious church or adoration chapel in front of Jesus, on the porch remembering my 3p prayer of rosary and chaplet with my father here in my farm monastery for those wonderful last 6 months of his life!  
Dad today in the Office of Readings in dad's well worn and marked with his wisdom Prayer book left behind for me to share in our mutual LOVE for ALL that The Church gives to us each day!  

From dad to us - I desire GLORY be given the NAME.  Glory is the way we praise GOD in the Highest.  This is to enter the radiance, the magnificence, the awesome presence of the NAME.  GLORY BE TO YOU, O LORD!

Dad revealing his Truth to me today in the Office of Readings!

Dad's man, Brother Victor, brings the Cross into our day to day life and reminds us of our being sealed forever - We belong to Christ!!!
The Gospel for today from John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might not perish
but might have eternal life.
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,
but that the world might be saved through him. John 3:16

We are called to die to self so that Jesus can live in us.  Bless-bless, Barbara
Jaci Valaquez - God so loved the world
Such a memory from this day in 2015 - shortly before Ruth's grandma died after 2 years on hospice.  Pat's mother was so much a part of our lives on the farm.  She taught me all that I know about being a farmwife, and Ruth does it all so much better than I!  We love and miss you, mom!

"Blest is the wood
through which
justice comes about."
 Wisdom 14:7
 
Exquisite mosaic ~ Tree of Life, Holy Cross (detail) ~ San Clemente - Roma

“The event of the Cross and Resurrection
abides and draws everything toward life.” (CCC 1085)

Feast of the
Exaltation of the Cross
September 14
 
"How splendid the cross of Christ! It brings life, not death;
light, not darkness; Paradise, not its loss. It is the wood on which the Lord,
like a great warrior, was wounded in hands and feet and side,
but healed thereby our wounds. A tree has destroyed us,
a tree now brought us life." ~ St Theodorus the Estudite
 
 
 
 
 450px-thumbnail.jpg (450×600)
Painting (detail) The Exaltation of the Holy Cross, Luigi Gregori
Spes Unica: (Our) only Hope
 
"Recognize in this bread what hung on the cross, and in this chalice what flowed from His side... whatever was in many and varied ways announced beforehand in the sacrifices of the Old Testament pertains to this one sacrifice which is revealed in the New Testament.
 
Receive in this bread that which was hanged on the cross; receive in this cup that which was poured from Christ's side. For he will gain death, not life, who thinks Christ is a liar." ~ St Augustine

stained-glass-tours-cathedral-eucharist-window-depicting-jesus-saint-france-61433118.jpg (165×160)

passion19.jpg (436×296)

"On the Cross human misery and divine mercy meet. ...The Cross is planted in the earth and would seem to extend its roots in human malice, but it reaches up, pointing as it were to the heavens, pointing to the goodness of God.

By means of the Cross of Christ, the Evil One has been defeated, death is overcome, life is given to us, hope is restored, light is imparted. O Crux, ave spes unica!…" ~ St John Paul II, homily 09.14.03
____________________
 
 
"He who runs away from one cross,
will meet a bigger one on his road."- St Philip Neri
 
"O Jesus, Jesus, I no longer feel my cross 
when I think of yours!"- St Bernadette Soubirous
 
+ + +
 
Crucifixes on rosaries, worn around one's neck and in one's home
serve as enduring and endearing reminders of the magnitude
of Christ's love and serve as focal points for private prayer.


Archbishop Fulton Sheen summarized the reason
for using a crucifix instead of an empty cross when he said,
“Keep your eyes on the crucifix,
for Jesus without the cross is a man without a mission,
and the cross without Jesus is a burden without a reliever.”


We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee
because by Thy holy Cross
Thou hast redeemed the world!
________________________


 

No comments:

Post a Comment