Two years ago today it was Palm Sunday and we were not to leave our homes other than for the essentials, and unfortunately that did not include attending mass in person. We were watching mass on line and doing a Spiritual Communion. My mother had just died 2 weeks before and having her first Holy week in heaven. No longer with us, yet we all were experiencing separation due to the pandemic!
Each year for about the last 10 I have made a cross and a butterfly for that past year. This was the Cross I made to commemorate my mother's passing Using her painting of Michigan as the background, her burial and a picture taken 2 weeks before she died in a day when she was looking wonderful! The palms and the Old Rugged Cross weathered after some years on a maple tree in the grove where we started and ended our Stations of the Cross that Maria made when she discerned out of the Poor Clares in 2004 Easter time.
In the next few days I will be bringing in my lilac branch to put forth leaves as we celebrate the coming of LIFE with our Easter JOY! Then I will ponder the Cross and butterfly for 2022. The 3 new little ones in our family, of course, have been so filled with LIFE and LIGHT literally!I have a feeling that I might hold off on them until after we have our time with Hallel! It will be within the Easter Season, and so huge for our family! I will long to include that, without a doubt! I am already giving myself a talking to that I must not be too pushy about the pictures! I long to capture every moment and get some hands in faces and angry eyes from time to time. Sigh!!!
Easter 7 years ago now - Nancy living in KC and Hallel back for Easter! We all stayed at Nancy's home, and Pat stayed back to do the calving. This year Hallel is now here in the U.S. but we have been told that she will be very busy with 35 young adults sharing the Triduum with the Little Sisters and Little Brothers!We are back to our family tradition of sharing the Easter Vigil - so glorious and beautiful with The Waters of LIFE, LIGHT and LOVE! The Word is so much a part of the Vigil and we travel with Jesus from the Old Testament about Him and up to his coming from the grave - Raised to New LIFE and offering us to join Him!
The Gospel today ended with a surprise for me! With Jesus facing the Pharisees - it seems that they are always looking to find fault and ways to kill him. Yet, as Jesus shares that "I AM" and how he united with the Father in John 8... the final words are - So Jesus said to them,
“When you lift up the Son of Man,
then you will realize that I AM,
and that I do nothing on my own,
but I say only what the Father taught me.
The one who sent me is with me.
He has not left me alone,
because I always do what is pleasing to him.”
Because he spoke this way, many came to believe in him. John 8:21-30
Yes, rather than they tried to put hands on him to put him to death - "many came to believe in him."
First Communion time of year! 8 years ago this was Mary's - while Hallel is here we will celebrate as a family with Luke on May 1st! His Aunt Little Sister Hallel will be here to celebrate with us and so will his cousin, Romeo, who will have just had his First Communion on Easter Sunday in Salem, Oregon! Mom and I and the glorious lilacs 7 years ago! How I loved my times with my parents together in their own home just 4 hours away from my door to theirs! Now I have them with me each day in the wonderful prayer books, readings, mass and united in the Eucharist! So very touched by them daily!My brother, Phil, was driving mom and dad to mass in Stillwater at this time. Mom prayed and shared her Faith openly and held nothing back! Don't we all yearn for our children and grandchildren to come to Jesus and find the True Church? Yes!!!Mary wearing a blue apron 7 years ago and helping with dishes at Lumen Christi Monastery in the heart of the poor in Kansas City, Kansas! LOVE the blue apron pictures and how it means that we are allowed to share in The LIFE of a nun!Simon and I got up in the middle of the night 7 years ago to witness the lighting of the fire and to take part in their Vigil that goes through the night! Hallel was so happy to see Simon there and took him to see the tomb empty in the icon under the altar.Mass before working at Birthright last evening! I really am aware of mom and dad being with me when heaven comes down to earth!
A stunning picture I borrowed of God in his hands as Jesus' Body in the light of the sun and world he created with the Father and the Holy Spirit!
Holy Week on the horizon and we can take heart as "many came to believe in Him!" I must take heart from this as my prayers are without ceasing for many in my life that do not know Jesus or love His Church!
St Vincent Ferrer, pray for us and intercede for us! I need the Hound of Heaven to keep many on the narrow path that leads to LIFE forever with Jesus, Mary and the Saints in heaven forever!
Dad to me today in his prayer of The Church that he left behind for me! As I say - mom and dad continue to be with me and speak with me about the True Church they brought us into 50 years ago! All 13 of us owe so much to mom and dad! I am grateful for each day in The Church which is total gift to me!
Now mom's man, Pope Benedict XVI! A stunning meditation reminding us that we are called to serve! I know that mom and dad are praying more perfectly for ALL of thier huge family of 140+! I have so much peace knowing that truly - "many will come to believe in Him."
Sharing in the monastic life with the help of dad's man, Brother Victor! May we put in the "effort" O Lord to change ourselves first of all and finally to help others by selflessly serving them without counting the cost! Jesus, we trust in you. Amen and bless-bless, Barbara and the 50 -33 here and 17 in heaven including our parents and all they continue to pour out upon us!


Such an interesting perspective by St Vicent today - the way we sin should be the way we make penance! "The tree of man's defeat became his tree of victory; where life was lost, there life has been restored through Christ our Lord!" Saving us from being the "exiles in this Valley of tears" we were left after the fall of man in sin by taking the Fruit of the Tree - now the "fruit of the womb" has made it the Tree of LIFE!
Danielle Rose

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment