Sunday, April 24, 2022

"Write down what you have seen..."/Divine Mercy 2nd Sunday of Easter..."You cannot say; 'This is your last chance...' "

5 month old Thomas was in the middle of the kitchen crying when I walked in yesterday afternoon.  His 17 year old brother, Simon, who is also his Godfather got down by him and Thomas immediately smiled and loved to have his big brother share with him!  
My heart warmed to see the two of them interacting...
"Oh, you have been crying." as Simon sweetly wiped a tear from his little face.  
Grandma tried to capture in pictures this sweet moment of Godfather and Godson, Big brother and baby brother.  Both are blessed to have many siblings to love and care for - family is a lifelong blessing and at times hardship.  

Fr Denny preached today on Divine Mercy Sunday about forgiveness and Mercy! He was speaking to families and I grabbed my small notebook from my purse so that I could write notes through my tears!

Simon showing Thomas an interesting thing he found -"Do you want to play with it?"
Soon Simon little Tom will be a "grab nabber!" Not yet.
Smiling with all the love and attention from his oldest brother.  Thanks, Simon, for loving and caring and always remember to forgive! 

With big sister, 5 year old Joy.  They are both blessed to have a big family.  Joy was so cute while Tom was away with mom and dad at Mary's State Speech meet in the Cities..."I miss my mommy and my daddy, but I really really miss my baby brother, Tom Tom!"  
"Behold the Lamb of God,
behold him who takes away the sins of the world. 
Blessed are those called to the supper of the Lamb."

Fr Denny in white on the altar with Jesus in his Body and Blood on this Second Sunday of Easter - Divine Mercy Sunday, after preaching to us about Forgiveness and Mercy in our families and our marriages!  

It is the Lord!  "My Lord and my God."  The words of St Thomas today in the Gospel according to John 20 - Doubting Thomas made me smile today now that we have a new grandson named Thomas.  I was especially tickled while Father was reading the Gospel and came to the line of Thomas when he sees the Lord and his wounds - "My Lord and My God."  I could hear Thomas' little baby voice speaking his joy and complaint at that exact moment!  

These are also the words I say now when Jesus is lifted up for us - "This is my Body and This is my Blood."  An older lady behind me many years ago whispered these words when they were lifted up and it struck me as Truth and a good reminder that it truly IS THE LORD!!!!
Some notes from Father's amazing homily- tomorrow I will share the link here so that you can listen and weep yourselves!

Father shared 4 points having to do with Mercy and Forgiveness/Reconciliation and Forgiveness
1. It is God like to forgive- we are acting like God allowing hurts to be forgiven.
2. Mercy and forgiveness are not popular or instinctive or reasonable.  We tend to be legalistic and think that it is proper to punish wrongdoers.You are considered a loser if you strive towards reconciliation with Mercy and forgiveness.
3.Forgiveness brings healing to the one who forgives and to the forgiven!  Our deepest hurts happen within our families.  Forgiveness releases the injured person...."Yes, you hurt me, but I choose to forgive you."  Failing to forgive affects all of our relationships in life.  We are not able to be as loving and it causes us to be under stress.
4. We cannot say that "this is your last chance."  Don't bother counting how many times you are called to forgive - 70x7 times means that!  Divine Mercy is a way of LIFE!  There is no quota on Jesus' forgiveness of me.  We are called to imitate him by Forgiving
Husbands and wives
Parents and children
Help us imitate you, Jesus!

Easter Glory!!!  Father Denny ended his homily with the ending prayer for the Chaplet that dad and I would repeat daily on the porch after the rosary!

Divine Mercy Closing Prayer (Optional)

Eternal God,
in whom mercy is endless
and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us
and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments
we might not despair
nor become despondent,
but with great confidence
submit ourselves to Your holy will,
which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen.

  Bishop Le Voir also wrote these words on our Caringbridge when John's cancer grew through his chemo!  "When in difficult moments repeat these words -' Jesus, I trust in you.' "

John's story continues now with wife and children!  
Chaplet of Divine Mercy - in song!  
The image for mass today!  The white streams represent Baptism and the red his Blood - the Eucharist!  
At the end of Father's homily I could not hold back the tears - there were numerous things in my heart - a couple of them are the words of the Motto of The Community of the Lamb - "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  So much needed as Father pointed out in our families where we are usually the most wounded!  
"It is the Lord!"  

Also the Truth that our spouse will become our Most Cherished Cross as Hallel pointed out to her sister, Nancy on the occasion of her engagement to Bill 12 years ago!  So beautiful and True! 
Nancy was engaged to Bill Bandzuch on April 10, 2010... We are all so happy for her as she has waited long for her Catholic man to come into her life. She had stood by her values and as a result it was especially sweet and special when she joyfully accepted Bill's proposal! We all gathered in Maria and Joe's back yard to help them celebrate that afternoon minus her sister in KC... Little Sister Hallel. We called her and she spoke to each one of us and even her neice and nephews ! A month later Nancy found this letter from her sister in the mailbox. It was mother's day and she called me to read it to me over the phone. I was blown away and at first thought how crazy it was that a young girl,who had answered the call to remain chaste and be a little sister had so much insight into marriage! But when I realized that she is now the "bride of Christ" it now makes all the sense in the world! I would like to once again share this powerful and wise letter here... Nancy, Look I am writing you a letter... aren't you impressed? Well, you better be because both you and I know how often this happens. I am writing to tell you now extremely excited I am about your engagement to Bill. I have to admit, when I got the news I wasn't really shocked but that night as it sunk in during adoration and the next day during mass I was so happy. My heart overflowed with joy for you. How beautiful to know that you have found your... most cherished cross. While I have never had the experience of being married, from what I hear is that he will truly be your cross. But not your cross as human eyes look at it, as a thing to run away from, as a thing of torture but rather as that which is truly the tree of life. It is only when clinging to the cross that one can truly live, it is the source of all life and of all love. Your marriage to Bill will be this, not something to run away from when it gets hard and when it hurts, but something to hold tight to, especially when it hurts because it is in this that you will find life and love. Know that it is through your marriage that Jesus wants to show you his great love for you and also that the best example that you can give to the world of Christ's love is a marriage lived in truth. So, in other words, know that I am so happy for you and that I love you a whole lot. Know that you are in my prayers during this crazy time of wedding planning; that you may not go crazy but rather learn to love each other better and that you may both have great joy and great peace. Remember to pray for me too! God Bless, Your little Sister Hallel

Ruth and Paul's family have a good problem to have - they need a bigger row for their 9 members of their family!  
I can remember that Mary wore this dress and Rose - now Joy and probably next will be Birdie Barbara in a few years!  
Sweet Jude was sad that he couldn't go to his cousins for breakfast on the farm, but we did have a family breakfast after mass - pancake breakfast!  "Jude wouldn't let them take his plate - he must have thought that he could eat more at Ruth's, so he ate more of his breakfast!"   

So excited for our family gathering around our nun in the next few days!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara and the 50 - 33 here and 17 in heaven praying for us including our parents!  

A great neice 2 years ago at my mother's graveside - dad was living here with me and was very touched by this super sweet picture!  
St George, pray for us!


Jesus in The Word, Body and Blood!!!  We are blessed!  

It is the Lord!  
Dad always reminding me of the power and Truth of The Name!  The ending line of the Gospel today made me smile at dad united with us in The Eucharist!
these are written that you may come to believe
that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,
and that through this belief you may have life in his name.  John 20:31

I also heard the Lord telling me with St John today - "Write down what you have seen..."  Rev 1  Yes, I did not walk the world with Jesus as John did, but I have witnessed Jesus at work in my life over and over and it is my greatest JOY to share what "I have seen."  











Danielle Rose



Tauren Wells 


O God beyond all praising


 

No comments:

Post a Comment