
Back from a wonderful Sunday mass with my husband and son! Today the theme that spoke to me over and over was the theme of the Lamb that was sacrificed to save us - Christ our Lord! With our daughter, Hallel, in the community of the Lamb and their words to live by.... "Wounded I will continue to love." So powerful and as I was walking down the path in Saint Pierre, France in August of last year with Little Sister Sarah walking with me... she shared with me that this is how they try to live one with the other and all I could think was how hard that is to do. When I made that responce to her... "Yes, it is very hard to do!"
Just this morning in the frantic pace of our lives after going out to bottle feed the calves with things going on for hospice and trying to get to church... when John came down and commented how I could not yet be ready to go... I was short with him.... Later at the sign of peace we appologized to each other as we hugged and wished each other the "peace of Christ"... what a blessing and something that hopefully we can carry over to our lives at home... that sign of peace as wounded we continue to love!
Why is it that the people the closest to us are the ones that we hurt the most? The ones that we love with that sacrificial kind of love in giving them our hands in marriage or giving them life by saying "yes" to the call of family...these are the ones that we do not hold our feelings in check and we "kneejerk" with our feelings and anger.... It does help to remember the lamb that was slain for our sins and at no fault of sin of His own... bore all of ours in one of the most painful and horrific torturous deaths on the cross... yet He returned to have mercy on our faults and weaknesses and forgive and most of all to LOVE! At His time of most need Simon Peter rejected him 3 times... does He come back and remind him of that major failure... no He just allows him to heal it by telling him to his face that he loves him 3 times!
When we hurt our Lord and our loved ones... let us swallow our pride and go to them and tell them to their faces that we do love them! Why is that so hard to do? Because we make excuses for our bad attitudes and feel that we are not at fault? Was Jesus at fault? Yet He tells us over and over in so many amazing ways how much He loves us and forgives us! He tells us in the Eucharist that we just celebrated together, in the other amazing sacraments that are part of our lives like Marriage and reconcilliation. He tells us in the gift of our children and the grandchildren that take us back to the wonderful days of our "nest days". We are shown his love by the community of faith... His Church and all the love and support we have gotten there... thank you, Angie, for coming and introducing yourself to me... I am filled with Joy! We are aware of His love in nature and the beauty of the spring and the protection we feel over our farmers as they tend the soil of the world! We know that Jesus loves us in our day to day with the rosary in our pockets or hands while we travel... Our Lady is loving and caring and takes us to her wonderful Son, who is Love incarnate! We see his love when we lift up all those that have died and are facing death as we do the chaplet of Divine Mercy as presented to the world by St Faustina. We see his Love in the examples of the super amazing saints that are with us on this journey! What a wonderul amazing gift is our faith and all that goes along with it! We will never come to the end of realizing the wonder of his Love and forgiveness for us! Now that is about as exciting as I can imagine anything could be!
Jesus and your wonderful mother and all the angels and saints... we have an with us to fight the good fight and to strive to live by the words : "Wounded I will continue to love." That would end the battle and the war and there would be endless peace in this world, if this could be how we live one with the other, especially within our families! Jesus we need you in our families... may we truly love, respect and honor those closest to us the most! Bless all families now and forever! Amen and Halleluia! Bless-bless, BArb
Mary's birthday is tomorrow and we are heading up the the Cities for the day - not knowing how much time I will have to write I will enclose some of the birthday today - enjoy!
I was uncomfortable introducing myself this morning ~ I went down to help with rolls without saying anything to you but really wanted to meet you so I went back upstairs (not sure if I was hoping you'd still be there or not) and you were still there ~ I swallowed hard & I'm so glad I did...I really cannot tell you how many times I have read and reread so many of your entries. Your post today will be one I revisit often ~ I receive so much from you ~ as I deal with the every day challenges of being a mom as well as focus on a truer relationship with God, you are an amazing example ~ I thank you! Angie
ReplyDelete