Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"I have left an open door before you..." Rev

This sanddune of soft sugar sand was a magnet for the kids to climb and slide down!  Often I would think that for the little ones our time in Michigan was like being in a huge sandbox complete with water to play in too!  So much fun was had by all, and we are forever grateful that we could share FAMILY time in this wonderful way!  I was very impressed by the way that it all worked out for us to be together as much as we were, yet for all of us to get anywhere took at least 2 vehicles and getting the naps for the little ones on the same schedule was a challange too.  It felt like we were at times like a giant trying to move in some direction of purpose in a small world.  It seemed that we could all get somewhere by late afternoon... after all had awakened from their naps including pregnant and nursing mothers - all 3 of our daughters - and a old grandmother. 
Now the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just back from mass for rain this morning, and sharing it next to my son, John, we are awaiting the water from the sky!  Sharing morning prayer in the car on the way home - this verse was amazing to read - "Behold, I have left a door open before you, which no one can close."  Wow!  That means that our path is before us and the door is wide open... there is nothing there to prevent us from walking through it and following after him carrying our Most Cherished Cross!  Nothing can close that door to us!  No one can close that door ahead of us!  We are free to walk through that door armed with all the graces and the Sacraments of our Most Holy Catholic Church as well as HIS Word of God, and all the angels, saints and Mary Most Holy!  We cannot be defeated in following HIS Way, HIS Truth, and HIS LIFE! 
I was deeply touched by this sharing the other day by someone whose cause for cannonization is underway... her writings inspire me!
"To suffer persecution for Justice's Sake" by Elizabeth Leseur (1914)
"The suffering sent by God that I offer him is the fact that among all the friends surrounding me, I have no one to whom I can totally open my heart... who might understand and help me.
But perhaps to hear one's ideas and beliefs always criticized, to have them misunderstood, to experience prejudice and ignorance is to some extent to suffer persecution for justice's sake.  Could all this evoke some compassion from God?  Because it is a deep and secret suffering, one that only God sees, and for which he sometimes makes the most loving compensation.  When I want to pour out my soul, I go to him, and whether at church or in the silence of my room, he brings me increased strength and fills me with an unutterable joy.  After all, perhaps God alone can penetrate  to the infinite depth and sensitivity of the human soul..."

Lord, no matter what we face, and how many criticize our journey of faith... we still have the door to LIFE wide open ahead of us!  No one can close it, and no sin or wrong we have done in our lives can close it!  We need just come to HIM in repentance in the sacrament of healing/reconcilliation to once again come close to HIM!  And from experiences of forgiveness in our lives we know that we come even closer to HIM after we have forgiven and are forgiven ourselves!  Yes, truly the Cross brings us closer to YOU, O Lord!  WE are filled with the JOY of your LOVE for us dear Lord, Jesus Christ! May we remember that as hard as it is to come to you in the sacrament of reconcilliation that we should be doing it on a regular basis... we want to follow you and to do that we need to be freed from sin and darkness and come into your marvelous LIGHT!  After two weeks with all of our grandchildren - even the two growing in their mother's womb- we are filled with the knowledge that LIFE is a most precious gift from YOU!  We also see the need to pray without ceasing for all of our family/domestic Church!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Halleluia

Bless-bless, Barb
"Many things to reform: pride; the tendencey to procrastinate getting to work, to let days slip away; allowing myself to be invaded by external agitation.  And yet I have an immence need for tranquility and interior life.  God alone knows what difficulty I sometimes have in overcoming physical and moral distress in order to arrive at complete self-possession, at that Christian serenity that nothing can distrub.
Increasingly, I try, by example and kindness and by developing and elevating my intelligence, to spread more light among those I encounter along my way.  To show that what good I have is from God, and the rest is alas! from me."
Elizabeth Leseur (1914)
May we walk through the door this day- our life with Jesus! 
http://www.myspace.com/danielleroseofficial/music/songs/true-love-45413865  This song - True Love by Danielle Rose is coming to me today!  It was what Hallel listened to before she left to join the Community of the Lamb and speaks of that open door - may many youth listen to HIS CALL to follow HIM into religious life or the priesthood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment