I turned on EWTN and found myself engrossed with the final hours of my Pope Benedict XVI's reign as Pope. Many times I would just surprise myself with loud weeping as he took each step to leave the Chair of Peter.
Turning on the TV to this powerful scene and listening to his words of great wisdom - "The heart of the Church is Christ. The Church is in the world, but not of the world. Christ continues to walk with us through time, because of the Church. The Daily Eucharist - our JOY, which no one can take from us!" This final tweet today was in Latin and said - "Thank you for your love and support. May you always experience the JOY that comes from putting Christ at the center of your lives." He is so amazing and such a Jesus lover and sharer of the Truth! Speaking to my mom this afternoon - she is so sad to see her hero humbly step down and allow a more vital man to take the Chair of St Peter. "He is so spiritual and I will miss him and his grasp of the True Faith. I just wish that all could come to know the great JOY of discovering the True Church!" I agree with you, mom! We are so very blessed by our journey!
So with this borrowed picture showing all the people up on the dome watching Benedict leave the Papacy - I was a river of tears at this point. Lord, thank you for the strong believer and sharer of the TRUTH... Pope Benedict XVI! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb



No comments:
Post a Comment