Luke in front of the St Luke the bull window in Church. We share patron saints little Luke, as I chose St Luke for my namesake/patron saint as a new Catholic. My entire family converted when I was 21, and I share this story at length on the page I have devoted to the story of the conversion of the 13 - http://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html I am very humbled to have my dad reading what I share here faithfully, and now and then I will get a very sweet email from him - this happened yesterday as he wrote me about Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity... I googled her and discovered that she lived and died just 100 years ago. My dad quoted this written about her - "She was totally given over to the Divine Presence within her and oriented all of her inner energies toward continual adoration of the three Divine Persons, whom she called 'the beloved guest of my soul.' As she lay dying in a humble cell of her Dijon Carmel, on Nov. 9, 1906, she uttered these last words: 'I am going to the Light, to Love, to Life'." I think you can see why my dad wrote me about her... it seems that I now have a name for a Saint who has been guiding and directing my sharing here! Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity is a fellow soulmate and is assisting me to the Truth on this journey called LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! Another prayer she is famous for and I will now adopt more -
"Elizabeth was beatified by Pope John Paul II on November 25, 1984. Her feast day is celebrated on November 8. Her best-known prayer is "Holy Trinity Whom I Adore"[1] which she wrote out of her love of the Trinity. Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity is a patron of illness, sick people and loss of parents." Wikipedia How good to have someone to pray to for these hard times in life!
Yes, she became a Carmelite nun just like St Therese!
Jesus, thank you for the LIGHT my dad has brought into my life by leading us all into Your Church! Now he continues to give me such JOY and brings the beauty of The Church ever more and more into my mind, heart, and Spirit! He just introduced me to a special lady that is with You in Heaven and has guided me thoughts by the direction of Your Spirit that dwells within me. Jesus, with Blessed Elizabeth among your Saints in Heaven praising you and bringing your Truth into the minds and hearts of we your servants. Jesus, we trust in You, and long to share your Truth with all those in our lives - most especially those in our domestic Church/family. Amen and Hallelujah
http://www.discerninghearts.com/?page_id=6570 A wonderful page of her prayers! Here is her Trinity, I Adore you prayer
"O my God, Trinity whom I adore, let me entirely forget myself that I may abide in You, still and peaceful as if my soul were already in eternity; let nothing disturb my peace nor separate me from You, O my unchanging God, but that each moment may take me further into the depths of Your mystery ! Pacify my soul! Make it Your heaven, Your beloved home and place of Your repose; let me never leave You there alone, but may I be ever attentive, ever alert in my faith, ever adoring and all given up to Your creative action." Blessed Elizabeth I am so glad that I found you and have a name to call you - I feel exactly like this inside my most sacred space - my inner temple!!!!
"O Eternal Word, Word of my God, would that I might spend my life listening to You, would that I might be fully receptive to learn all from You; in all darkness, all loneliness, all weakness, may I ever keep my eyes fixed on You and abide under Your great light; O my Beloved Star, fascinate me so that I may never be able to leave Your radiance." Once again - WOW!!! You are truly like me inside - truly my sister in Christ and in love with Jesus, and His Bride, The Church!
Great Grandma in our newly remodeled Church basement getting some time to discover peaceful and beautiful Luke Paul - she 94 and he 9 days old!
No comments:
Post a Comment