
I was probably in my mid twenties when I put my hands in bread dough for the first time. I was a new farm wife, and Pat's mom was showing me how she had made bread for her family of 10 kids - my husband was #6! Somewhere along there I found a recipe for potato buns and that became my bread dough recipe. I made it for years on a fairly regular basis, and then it tapered off and I quit! For some reason with all my grandkids coming for the week before Christmas - I had an urge to make some special Easter Bread for the breakfast we were in charge of Saturday morning. It was especially fun to think that it would work well with candles in to sing Happy Birthday #5 for our grandson little David's birthday! I have such fond memories of making bread with the girls, so it was very exciting to have this experience with the grandkids! Little Rose got to feel the wonder of her first ever bread dough at a much younger age than I - 1 1/2 years old is quite young, and she thought it was pretty neat. John thought that this was such a great picture, and I really like it myself!

After the yeast had made the bread rise and double in size - Maria and Therese had the fun of punching it back down. It was a great time just as I had hoped!
4 generations making some great bread to share at our family Christmas and celebrate..
success and yummy too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Thanks mom Verly for teaching me and maybe someday my grandkids will thank me for teaching them! Passing it on, and sharing our time making good fun food!
No comments:
Post a Comment