Friday, January 31, 2014

The temple within traveling down the road

It was such a bright sunny beautiful day and in the silence of my van traveling down the road to visit my parents 4 hours from our home... I had such a powerful prayer time with my 10 decades of the rosary.  For two hours I went from one decade to the next and truly dug into the meditation for each of my children, husband, and God children, all those that prayed for us on John's journey  - knowing that they too have prayer needs some have confided in me those needs and some unknown to me. I set aside the Crown of Thorns mystery for those needs.  I also promised to lift up the college outreach through our church, and add to that the Holy Father and all the issues of those in our Church - Proclamation of the Kingdom is the mystery for those prayer needs.  Then I went into the Chaplet, and prayed for all my dead as well as all those that are dying today or have no one to pray for them as they work down the narrow path to heaven!
Arrived at my parents' home to find them looking like a hobbit world with all the round white mounds of snow on roof and around their home, and the warm feeling watching the smoke coming from the chimney.  I found my parents doing better than the last time we were there.  A good visit for the afternoon!  I am so blessed to have both my parents yet, and both very sharp and loving to share their faith journies with me, and I with them!  
So good to see my mom feeling better and a nice meal shared with them, and now...
This sweetie came running up to grandma, and found this headband in grandma's purse, and wanted it on her head.  She warms a grandma's heart!  It was a great end to a good day of prayer and sharing with those I love, and thank so much for all I have been given!  That seems to be the message from the day - we are given  so much and we must take that forth into our world and let our LIGHT shine!
Dad was reading some stories before bed to Gus, but Bernadette made grandma take way too many pictures with her "Cheeeee" attempts at saying Cheese.  She had the rosary Therese made me - now broken but still beautiful enough to make her a very pretty girl for the camera!  Oh, I didn't mention that she took her hair and grabbed a handfull like it should be in a topknot that grandma always puts it in when she came up the stairs and saw me!  She likes grandma to make her a pretty girl!  We will have lots of fun tomorrow little girl!  

Berna is attracted to the Little Ducks now and then...
But grandma and her camera wins and grandma hits the jackpot!  Jesus, thank you for this bright and beautiful last day in January 2014 filled with the warmth of Faith and Family to fill me with LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE!  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
That rosary makes you so pretty little sweet Bernadette!  Therese chose those beautiful beads with so much LOVE!
Angelic girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment