Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Borrowed pictures from my girls... LIFE is a-changing!


Nancy is here with her beautiful camera and sweet kids... so I am borrowing pictures from her blog this morning.  This is kind of a new feeling for me, who was the sole picture taker for the family.  I took this job very seriously and recorded each day with many pictures.  Lately these have been harder to find, and so it is a huge gift to borrow from my girls.

I am relishing the first reading today from Ephesians on this feast of St Simon and Jude - a happy feast day to oldest grandson, Simon!  Reminding us that building our temple upon the Apostles, and prophets with Jesus Christ as the capstone - we have been gifted with The Glorious Church!  I am always so filled with wonder and awe when I enter one of the glorious Catholic Churches around the world with the stain glass, statues, candles, soaring architecture, and the glowing golden tabernacle in which dwells my Lord and Savior - "a dwelling place of God in the Spirit."  Ephesians 2:22

A picture borrowed from Maria's blog now - all in Army shirts gifted them from dad.

I refer often to the inner temple that fills me with the LIGHT I need to go forth into the darkness that fills this world.  My inner temple where I invite the Spirit to dwell and direct my life is much like  that chapel I encountered Christ as I studied religious life for the month of January 1972... I was living behind the enclosure with The Cenacle Sisters in Wayzata, MN.  Every morning we would have mass in the sunlit chapel with a retired monsignor presiding... with my new Catholic eyes to watch the mass so close and personal and peaceful and beautiful and filled with LIGHT/LOVE/LIFE, and I was enthralled as the Bread and Wine became The Body and Blood - food for the journey!  Each day with my rosary - I enter that inner temple and commune with My Lord with the assistance of my Spiritual Mother!  There is no better time of place to be!

Boy cousins are loving too!

Yes, often that inner chapel is as I travel down the road to work and back or in a pickup or tractor, most glorious gift is when it can be in front of Jesus in the monstrance in adoration!  My eyes, heart, mind and soul are transfixed by Jesus in the form of a small wafer of transformed Bread into Jesus in the midst of the golden sunburst.  Such a close and intimate moment of PRAYER supreme!  To place each of our family in there with Jesus as I do my family litany... and witnessing the answers in ways that only Jesus through Mary can perform!  Why do I say that?  Who would have even thought that John would thank Jesus each day for his brain cancer?  Who would have thought that by embracing our Most Cherished Cross and dying to self that we can truly fine LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT?   That is the way that God works and it is all his own!

Today in the Gospel in the Lord finding the time in prayer he needs to face all that is demanded of him... "Jesus went up to the mountaintop to pray, and he spent the night in prayer."  Luke 6

Jesus, life is a challenge with many storms and distractions and hurts and suffering as we go down the narrow path.  May we always find the strength to be gained by the time we spend in prayer in our inner temples and may the Spirit be there in power and might to lead and direct us rightly.  Yes, it is very hard to die to self so that You may live and move and breath and have your Way, your Truth and your LIFE within us and through us.  We long to see your face in all those that surround us - most especially those in our domestic Church/family.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Reading Cowardly Clyde - I read this so many times to granddaughter, Mary!

Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Feeling nostalgic today going back to the roots of my Catholic journey 42 years ago, and who better to bring that back full force than Thomas Merton!  I fell in love with his writings and that of Venerable Thomas A'Kempis! 
How's that for saying it like it is?
 
"The more humble and obedient to God a man is, the more wise and at peace he will be in all that he does.”
― Thomas à Kempis, The Inner Life    
I think you can see the LIGHT that permeated my thirsty soul for the Truth when I first came into The Church!
Danielle Rose - walk on water
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment