
A friend shared this today... so comforting at this confusing times in the Church with the Synod for the Family going on and all the chaos that seems to be around us. "Let nothing scare you... God alone suffices." I love my Church/The Church, and I know that Jesus is in control in the midst of the storm! And I know The Truth! I trust and hope and pray for our Church, and yes, I agree that the domestic Church/family is where the Church takes root and grows healthy and alive with Faith in Jesus and his Bride, The Church!
Because I left my prayer book at mass by accident, and going to look for it... I came across our Tuesday adoration going on... I was blessed with time sitting in the sunlight gazing upon my Jesus in the monstrance! As I did my prayers for my family - putting each one in the monstrance with Jesus... it has reached around 200 with both Pat's family and mine. I prayed for some new members for the first time - some new pregnancies and new relationships. It is always with great JOY I remember all and I have seen some results from my prayers over the years.
The sunlight pouring upon me... bathing me in The LIGHT of Truth and peace, love and JOY! Today in the first reading ST Paul to the Galations 5:18-25 not only mentions many "works of the flesh"/sins, but he also shares the fruits of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control... "Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit." I must say that I do experience the Fruits of the Spirit in my wonderful family/sharing our faith as ONE. I also see that with those the closest to me in my domestic Church/family that I lose sight of being kind and gentle and patient when faced with the day to day frustrations. I ask myself so often; "Why do I treat those that I love the most the worst?"
Rose and Luke and a baby kitty gave me a lot of great happiness in the late day sunlight!
Psalm 1 from mass today - "Those who follow you, Lord, will have the light of life." Lord, how this calms and sooths my soul this day. May I die to self so that You may live and work through me.
Oldest daughter, Ruth Ida, with her baby, Luke, soon to be 1 year old!
Delightful kitten under the tree...
My daughters and their families have learned to give in to me and my desire to capture them in pictures... they do appreciate them down the road.
St Teresa of Avila today on her feastday is a combination of Mary and Martha - working tirelessly yet taking time to communicate with her Spouse, Jesus Christ, in constant prayer. I look to her example and strive to do better!
Rose and the scarecrows...
Simon and the kittens...
Sharing a sunny swing.
Looking to the Cross/The Tree of LIFE! Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
If we are the Body- Casting Crowns

And finally a one month picture of Romeo in the arms of his big brother, David. Smiling and growing big so fast! Thanks, Maria!


No comments:
Post a Comment