Once again we are in the midst of cement pouring today... wrapping up the last of it for our new shop here next to the house.
I just finished a post I am writing for Nancy's blog on my story of being open to LIFE. She has had some wonderful sharings on her blog by many young women in the midst of their journey of LIFE and family. It was fun to share from my perspective, as one through those years and now looking back I can gain some insight that I might not have recognized when I was in the midst of the best and worst years of my life.
One thing that I just couldn't do, although I was told by some close to me to hold back. I just couldn't keep a secret from my kids or those around me whenever I knew we were pregnant. I was told by others to keep is quiet until I knew I would have a baby for sure to save others from sharing the pain of loss with me. I couldn't! It went against all that I believed about LIFE and the joy of celebrating it from the moment I knew it was there growing, as well as the prayers needed to surround the new tiny LIFE with all the love we have for it! Maria has adopted this too, in that as soon as she knows she is expecting she calls for prayers and is very open with her pregnancy to all. She has had two losses and that fills you with some fear and makes you rely on prayers and Trust!
Looking back I now see that this led us to such a depth of love, respect, and appreciation for one another. We value those that are here with us in our journey here on earth, and yet we are always aware of our treasures in heaven that we will be united to someday. I always strive to get to heaven, and feel the prayers of my little ones helping me on that narrow path as I carry/drag my Most Cherished Cross and follow after HIM!
Yes, there is an answer to why we are so close and it comes back to the Cross we have shared, which allowed us to die to self so that Christ may live in us! Beautifully this is also the Truth we discover in being open to life and having more than those two children the world tells us to have. We have to sacrifice ourselves to give to our children and to take very seriously raising them as LIGHTS! It is truly a beautiful and natural and small slice of Heaven to be open to LIFE and to welcome with great JOY each new one we are blessed with weather here or in heaven.
Jesus, there are so many lost sheep out there that have been lied to by the world. Believing that it is selfish or wrong to have more than the 2 children. They are lost and missing so many blessings we are given with each new life. May the way we live and embrace each new member and grow in LOVE with each addition. Our LOVE becomes bigger, and not stretched more thin! May they see with eyes of Faith the fruits which we share in our families as we are open to LIFE. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
Psalm 105 - A Grand Hallel Psalm from mass today
Sing to him, sing his praise,
proclaim all his wondrous deeds.
Glorify in his holy name;
rejoice, O hearts that seek the Lord!
Let hearts rejoice who search for the Lord.
And when necessary do this using words. May we live our lives in this way, O Lord!
From the first reading today - St Paul wows us in Philippians 3
But whatever gain I had, these I have come to consider a loss because of Christ. More than that, I even consider everything as a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.
I am so moved by these words when I consider that just like me, Paul met Christ after he had walked on the earth. Paul was persecuting the Christians and Christ knocked him to the ground with the encounter with Truth!
Danielle Rose - The Saint that is just me
No comments:
Post a Comment