I just took Lourdes water and blessed John's head with the prayer that Jesus with Our Lady at his side has given John the gift of Faith and healed his brain cancer... now please show him his path!
Feeling so touched by the Lord's hand upon my LIFE!
Marge and I before we headed "out West." It blows my mind to realize each time I share my story how the Lord answered the prayers of our mothers - I was healed of smoking, realized that cohabitating with my boyfriend was wrong and not to be, and started on my journey to the Catholic Church with a "call" to be a nun. No, I was not personally called to that for me, but I knew of the beauty of a call and so encouraged each of my children to consider a call to be His Bride or priest, and so now I am blessed with a "Susie/Little Sister Hallel." That fills me with such JOY!
The girls in mom's shoes and undies...
Simon in grandpa's shoes!
David in grandpa's shoes looking adorable.
Me with my first baby, Ruth Ida! Life is a gift to be cherished and protected and raised as LIGHTS! We were open always to LIFE and got our 12... 7 in heaven and 5 cherished ones with us. I look to Heaven for that is where my true treasure lies - my 7 praying for me and watching over me on my journey!
Daughter #4, Susan now Little Sister Hallel, being adored by my mom and her sisters, Maria and Nancy!
Pat with his sweet first baby girl, Ruth Ida, in 1980. Yes, it was January, so he was around more to enjoy her first months. Such special warm memories!
Me... oldest and adjusting to the next ones... I was finally the oldest of 12, so I had better get used to sharing! Nothing better than learning to share and give of self with siblings! How can things ever compare to the gift of sharing our lives with siblings? Even the hard and painful things which bring us closer through sharing The Cross/The Tree of LIFE!
How I love having her with me on the journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT! Today she ministered us through her miraculous healing waters from Lourdes. We have a huge bottle here in our home and bath John's head with is regularly. It comes out for any of our needs... today John had me squirt it into his mouth for a sore throat.
John with Godson, David... How our hearts are warmed by the "children" being raised as "LIGHTS" in our midst!
The two founders of Hallel's Community of the Lamb... both are still alive and we are blessed by this Community in our lives! It is so amazing to have the influence of both St Francis- as Fr Jean Claude is a Franciscan priest, and St Dominic, as Little Sister Marie is Dominican. Both are amazing Saints and teach us so much about our journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Susan sees John when we first arrived in France after John's second chemo. We miraculously are able to in 24 hours jump on a plane for her taking of the habit and becoming Little Sister Hallel. We are forever grateful and changed by this and many other experiences we have been blessed with!
Visiting the grave of my two still births, William and Robert... sharing the pain of all those losses made us so close as a family and respecting of all LIFE! How I prayed that I could just have one more to show the world without words that I didn't quit after my boy. I guess I have to use words after all!
A painting I did as therapy with all my children - note the cemetery with the 7 losses. Pat is on the horse riding off into all that farming requires of him...
My dad serving as Deacon at Maria's wedding in 2008. She had it celebrated by 4 priests and a deacon! So powerful to have each of our children totally love and embrace The True Church!
Pat walking the fence and into the clouds... Winter has hit hard already, and we are in the mode of wood stove and all the rest that goes with it.
Jesus, we are recalling with each step back in time that we have been touched by you. Yes, we are underserving and are "unprofitable servants", who need to learn to do what we are commanded so that we can serve without counting the cost and die to self so that you may LIVE in us! Jesus, we ask that you with your Mother, Mary the Mother of God, at your side bring us to selflessness away from all that pulls at us in this world. Jesus, we trust in YOU. Amen and Hallelujah
Me pregnant with my first and with my sister, Mary, who has been gone for 28 years now from cancer. Each day I pray for her and all my dearly departed. She is Godmother to two of my girls, and now prays for them from heaven.
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
"older women should be reverent in their behavior, not slanderers, not addicted to drink, teaching what is good, so that they may train younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, chaste, good homemakers, under control of their husbands, so that the Word of God my not be discredited." St Paul to Titus 2 The first reading today is a tall order for us older and younger women! Lord, give us the strength to carry forth your Truth!
With my 5...
Flower child returns after my nun years, my early Catholic romantic years, my working as a nurse at my beloved HCMC years, and finally city girl comes to the farm and marries Patrick, my champion for LIFE years - 36 now! So moved by how the Lord has directed the life of this unworthy servant.
Peter Mayer- Holy Now
Third Day - God of wonders
This one is for Lt Joseph on this Veteran's Day! Why? Because he so beautifully plays guitar and sings like Third Day to the JOY of his family!
We love you Joseph! Thank you for your sacrifice for us! Jesus, hold him in the palm of your hand. Bless-bless
A picture from Maria's blog today of almost 2 month old, Romeo, sleeping on his dad's chest.
John on his knees lighting the woodstove this morning. We are also asking for The Plan you have for John to be revealed, dear Lord!
We are surrounded by the Saints, Our Lady of Lourdes, and a spiritual army as we go forth into this day. We are never alone to face our struggles!
Light the fire of LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT in our hearts, minds, and souls, O Lord. Chase away the cold with the warmth of your LOVE for us, undeserving as we are. Listening to your command to us your servants in this day.





















No comments:
Post a Comment