Monday, November 3, 2014

In sacrificing mass with the family... I can now cherish these pictures of Simon serving

Since I was working and missed seeing Simon serve for the first time - I requested pictures and now have these sweet ones to cherish and share!  Thank you, to my son-in-law, Paul, for doing this for me.  John described Simon up there as respectful and reverent and I can sense that with these sweet images!  It looks like he is giving others ideas - like his Uncle Brad using Simon to serve at his wedding mass in April 2015.  It is special to have a chance to serve at special family times.
A lot of talk today of humility and regarding others more important than ourselves in the first reading from Philippians 2. Then in the Gospel Jesus tells us to not invite just our family and friends into our homes and lives and lunch or dinner..."Rather, when you hold a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, blessed indeed will you be because of their inability to repay you.  For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."  Luke 14
 
It really makes me ponder how my little peaceful, at times, and filled with love, at times, domestic Church/family should expand and include many more and reach out to those "poor" I encounter.  There have been those times over the years within my home growing up and in our own family that we have shared meals and our home with those that are down an out.  It is hard but a very powerful and important thing to do.  Those experiences make a lasting impression that truly becomes part of you and changes you to realize that there is much suffering and hardship in this world. 
Sweet Simon...
 
Jesus, I am reminded by you that I am to put others first and ahead of myself... this is so contrary to the message the world gives us that we need to accomplish greatness and have all the comforts and look out for our own needs first of all. I am to give without counting the cost, and most especially those "poor" in my midst.  Guide me to those that are in need and may I embrace them and bring them close to my heart - showing them the Mercy and LOVE you have shown me.  I pray this day that I may become more and more humble as you ask of me on this journey of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT carrying my Most Cherished Cross and following after you.  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
 
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta can certainly teach us of humility and of caring and loving the poor!
May I do this this day and each one more and more...
Danielle Rose - the Litany of humility
when I first read this - I thought - "How can anyone pray this prayer and ask for this?"  The Missionaries of Charity - Blessed Teresa's order, prays for this weekly!  Jesus, humble me your servant!
Happy All Saints Day! A Texas viewer sent in this picture of her baby dressed up as Mother Angelica for All Saints Day! How cute is that! The viewer says: "I'm a mother to 5 beautiful little souls. I have four sons and was blessed with a daughter this past May. We celebrate All Saints day. We dressed our daughter up as Mother Angelica. The children and I pray the rosary with Mother and the sisters every night on EWTN."  God bless you Mom!
A baby dressed up like Mother Angelica - so sweet!

A good one of Joe with the kids from Maria's blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment