Thursday, December 18, 2014

"Mistlike" - Wisdom spoken into the world by The Most High

There is so much excitement in the air for our family as our long-away family is now on the road getting ever closer to our coming together tomorrow night!  Tonight they will be spending a great evening with our Community of the Lamb family in Kansas City!  I just spoke to Maria, as they come ever closer and heard some of the plans to share mass tonight along with a leisurely supper with laughter and visiting and then night prayer before bed.  I fill up with JOY at the thought of having my entire family together minus only Little Sister Hallel.  But to have this time with them so close to Christmas is like sharing some of Hallel with us!

 I found this little red dress in my closet and remembered a few years back that I got two for the two granddaughters at that time - Mary and Therese to dress alike.  Ruth then pulled out the other one from Mary's closet, so my wheels are turning for pictures with probably "T" in the bigger one and Rose in the smaller.  Seeing them out is getting me so excited for getting the little ones back together since we shared Michigan together!  To see the toddlers reunite is huge in my mind and heart, but also getting the 3 new little boys together for the first time!  I am off soon to buy matching or alike or similar outfits for the 3! 
 Detour!!!! I was looking for pictures a few years ago of the two girls in these dresses and found Christmas 2009 when Therese is 1 1/2 years old and awaiting the arrival of her new baby brother, David, on Dec 21st.  Since my thoughts and heart are traveling this them today - I am so delighted to see this and ponder the sweetness of this bright spot in the midst of our battle against John's brain cancer at this same time.  Today John is off on a job interview and I am praying that the doors to his future open up!
 Adorable little girl in the winter sunlight.  She is traveling from the brown desert of El Paso to winter here in MN and Wisconsin!
 So fun to look back and recall, yet so happy for now!
 Pat and Paul along with dozens of Fraternity brothers shaved their heads to support John when he lost his hair from the whole brain radiation!
Hallel was here for Thanksgiving with the family in 2009!  Now we know she is with us in spirit.
 Inside kitten and outside cat in the Christmas fabric.

A word grabbed my attention that I had never seen before as I read evening prayer last night from Sirach 24 - "From the mouth of the Most High I came forth, and mistlike covered the earth."  Wisdom speaks this to us.  Mistlike is a covering that frosts the world in winter, yet can also make driving a challenge with the poorer visability as it is like a cloud on the ground.  Yet, in another sense this is saying that the Wisdom of God/The Truth is all around us.  We need only Trust and have Faith that He is at work.  Mist tends to soften the harshness of the bright sunlight or makes the world around us appear kind of otherworldly.  We see shapes and familiar landmarks are hard to see until we are much closer than usual.  Maybe mistlike is telling us we need to look more closely and be more vigilant in our looking for Jesus in our lives?
Cute alert!
 
Jesus, I am longing to share Your Truth with all that I meet along the way and when necessary use words! 
Father Robert Barron's photo.
These words from Pope Benedict XVI really struck my mother cord this day!  For me the most "basic emotional memory"is that of being a mother and bringing LIFE into this world.  How I am filled with utmost of Praise and Rejoicing at the knowledge that I share this wholeheartedly and without reservation with Mary the Mother of God!  That is the most amazing tie that binds me to her so strongly, and it is the message of being open to LIFE!  Jesus, there is so many emotions coursing through me this day.  Give all travelers to gather with family safe travels and bless all families gathering with healing and LIGHT!  Jesus, we trust in YOU.  Amen and Hallelujah
I tried to find the two girls in these dresses and then I realized that I had to buy another one as the small one was too small for T, and then I had to get an all black one, so this will be the first time that matching dresses get worn by two of the little girls!  Time will tell, if I manage it!
Bless-bless, Barbara Luke
 
So true and wise - the mistlike Truth and wisdom that surrounds us on our journey!

A white covering of soft snow overnight and mist that frosted the trees - so beautiful!
Chris Tomlin - Indescribable
Sharing with John at prayer this morning we discussed a most wonderful note we received from a man.  It was obvious that he had been broken by the painful illness of his wife - like a broken container of perfume from which comes the inside beauty!  Aren't we broken by the Cross and brought to the Way, The Truth and the LIFE - Jesus?  Yes!
Let it be done to me - Danielle Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment