Thursday, July 4, 2019

4th with my parents...Abraham did not spare his only son/the paralytic


Discovering pictures of my newborn Nancy Anna while looking through mom's scrapbooks yesterday.  Mom would bring her nice camera and take pictures while I gave the first bath at home.

Pictures that I had never seen before of my sweet second child!  The emotions are always deep and powerful when I share time with my parents, who are still together in their own home.
 Ruth watching with interest as I bath her baby sister.

My sister, Mary, whose anniversary of her death 33 years ago yesterday, was living with me and helping me take care of Ruth and my help on the farm leading up to having Nancy.  I was on increasing bedrest due to toxemia and she came to help me in my need.

I have always told Nancy that she had a patch of fur on her head with her thick dark hair...
 Mary was then Nancy's Godmother as my dad baptized her.  LOVE this so much and finding these make me very filled with emotions on this 4th of July at my parents.
 My sweet tiny baby girl just had another baby - #5 with her in this world and 3 in heaven.  LIFE is a gift!  How I prayed that my girls would not have to experience the losses like I did.  Yet, they keep our eyes on heaven and being united with them someday. Maria's daughter, Therese, speaking about the two siblings she will meet someday in heaven..."We will have to have a very big van for all those kids!"
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
 Newborn Nancy and Easter Lilly... I always call her my Easter girl and April 2, 1980 must have been right around Easter that year.
 Great pictures to discover now 37 years later as I just stayed with Nancy for the birth of her 5th child, George Blaise!

The readings for today are so powerful as Abraham shows us how we are to follow after our Lord and Trust!  He is asked to sacrifice his only son, and so he comes right up to the moment and the Lord "Abraham, Abraham!"
"Here I am," he answered.
"Do not lay your hand on the boy," said the messenger.
"Do not do the least thing to him.
I know now how devoted you are to God,
since you did not withhold from me your own beloved son."

Can we even come close to this amount of faith and trust?  So mind blowing to think of having Isaac carry the wood on his own shoulders on which he was placed as a sacrifice.  We are likewise asked to carry our Cross after our Lord, and die to self so that he may live in us!
My mother's mother, Grandma Vercoe with Ruth.
Mary left our farm - in love with the farm life, and found her dairy farmer, Gerry!  LOVE!  She had two years as a farmer's wife, and then she left this world due to cancer.  I pray for her path to heaven and feel her prayers for her family.  Yesterday mother was not feeling well, so dad prayed that Mary would help her out.  Mom did begin to feel better.

https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html
The Gospel today is the paralytic and it came to mean so much to us during John's battle with brain cancer 10 years ago!  John lowered into the presence of Jesus  by hundreds of prayer warrior - friends and family!
His story of finding faith through brain cancer!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
 Dad doing the dishes after supper... he learned from my brother Dan that this is honoring to mom,who has cooked the meal that he does "the clean up."
 A wonderful servant taking after his mom and sister, who were always up waiting on people.. my dad makes me breakfast each morning!
 Dr Pol marathon is with us these days...
The 4th of July 5 years ago!  Dominic was just 3 weeks and we had 11 grandkids with Simon being the oldest at 9!  We now have 18 and we gathered at the farm... Michigan is no longer ours to travel to, and we are discovering that if we are all together is all that really makes it wonderful family time!
Counting all our blessings on the farm last week!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barb
The Gospel
Holy Now - Peter Mayer


No comments:

Post a Comment