Listening to the rain and having trouble with my internet and therefore pictures... I do love this one of my parents on the 4th, and find it a celebratory picture for my mother's 90th birthday today.
Up early to haul bales in the rain drops... I called mom from Ruth's porch with Mary on one side and Joy on the other. We all wished mom a happy 90th birthday today. Ruth too!!!
I interrupted their morning prayer sharing the office from their worn prayer books and then praying for our families! How we all know of their prayers for their huge family as we approach 140 strong, and they are so important to us as we stagger down the narrow path.
A painting of my mother's... a copy of a stone carving on a church in Europe. Such a comforting and gentle love from our Lord for us in our weak and lowly state.
Jesus remind us today in the Gospel that we need to be childlike ..."I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth,
for although you have hidden these things
from the wise and the learned
you have revealed them to the childlike..." Matthew 11
Deep in prayer. How I love when I am gifted with the time to share morning prayer with my parents!
In these last years my mother has been diagnosed with dementia, and it is hard to watch her struggle with the head pressure and the forgetfulness of which she is totally aware. It does in a lot of ways contribute to her becoming more "childlike" and my dad is called upon to be there for her when she asks him what day it is or what are they doing that day... sometimes repeatedly.
One thing that mom holds onto with no wavering and questioning and that is her love for Jesus and His Bride, the Church!
Some of the Mrs Crosses from a wedding a few years back.
When I talked to mom this morning she said with a sigh and a giggle that her best gift today is that she and dad are together and in "reasonably" good health at the moment. They have no plans for the day other than their usual routine including prayer
I am now on my way with hubby to get a part... so happy birthday dearest mother!
Psalm 90 for 90years!
15 Make us glad for as many days as You have made us suffer, and for the years we have seen trouble. 16 Let Your work be shown to Your servants. And let Your wonderful greatness be shown to their children. 17 Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us. And make the work of our hands stand strong. Yes, make the work of our hands stand strong.







No comments:
Post a Comment