8 years ago in Michigan with the 3 older girls and then 6 grandkids. I wrote that in the next week Pat and I would be in France with the younger two, John and Hallel for her first vows.
How I am amazed at how my kids take me deeper in my Faith journey. What mother would not wish that her kids would follow the Faith that we shared with JOY in our home, but than to have them go deeper and teach you!!! Wow! My heart is bursting with JOY and LOVE and Peace and I am humbled and so grateful!
In France a week later with Pat's mom, who is over 90 here. My mother will be 90 in less than a week, but her chronic lung disease prevents her from tolerating travel or even getting out much any more. I am still so grateful to have my parents both with me and together in their own home!
On Sunday August 4th we have a family party planned to celebrate my parents' 70th anniversary and mom's 90th birthday which are both happening this summer. Prayers that the humidity will not be an issue that day.
Farmer Pat helping the Little Sisters with some tractor work. How he loved to be helpful for them! John too!
The readings today speak of how God sees all and knows all about us, so why try to hide it from him? Joseph in Genesis 49 as he nears the end of his life... reassures that although his brothers meant him harm that it was all according to the Lord's plan in his life and in the lives of all those affected by the huge famine at that time..."Even though you meant harm to me, God meant it for good,
to achieve his present end, the survival of many people.
Therefore have no fear." Genesis 49
How I pray without ceasing that the unconditional LOVE and Forgiveness I have been lavished upon me by my Lord... that I can in turn return that to all those around me, most especially those the closest to me. It seems that our filters are missing with them and we become angry and resentful with them quicker than with others. How we need to be aware of this and turn to HIM for strength and give without counting the Cost!!!
Working and sharing in The LIFE they live is what Pat and John experienced!
I have been told over the years not to be so open about when I was expecting a child.."Why don't you wait until you know that you will carry the baby before you announce it?" No! That is a life no matter how small and short. I want that life to be acknowledged and want prayers before and after the loss, if it ends. I had 7 losses and I named them all and think of them often - they keep my eyes on heaven and my goal to meet them there someday along with Jesus, Mary and all the saints! Now I have added 5 grandchildren!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html
Pat and John putting up a railing by a newly poured cement pad with a rooftop they put up for youth staying there on their way to World Youth Day in 2011.
Aglow with the deep spirituality we encountered with The Community of the Lamb and continue to this day! Talk about my kids taking me deeper and deeper!
Jesus tells us in the Gospel today - Matthew 10.. that there is no point to keeping secrets!
"Therefore do not be afraid of them.
Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed,
nor secret that will not be known.
What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light;
what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops..." Matthew 10
Much today is reminding us to not be afraid, as we are told this 365 times in the Word of God. Every day of our year/life we should not be afraid to embrace The Truth and share the LIGHT we have received with The World! How many times have people said to me; "You had your boy finally after having 4 girls and so you quit having kids." No!!! I lost 2 boys in the womb at 20 weeks after John, that are buried at the cemetery and another at 14 weeks... I stopped having babies when the Good Lord ended my fertility. The world needs to know the Truth! LIFE is a precious gift to be cherished and protected no matter the cost! I am the mother of 12 children - 5 here with me and 7 in heaven!
John and I in France at the mass of Hallel's first vows!
"I promise unto death!" her final vow in English
Little Sister Marie is the foundress of this Dominican offshoot - the Community of the Lamb!
She is in France with the entire Community gathered together for 2 months in Saint Pierre, France in the foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains.
In rainy Lourdes a few days later. John and Pat went though the bathes! The womens' life was too long for mom and I to get through.
John head over heels in love with Our Lady! His prayer for Faith answered by brain cancer 10 years ago... very much led him to love her and through her to Jesus and The Church! We bring Mary into our homes as Jesus asked us to do at the foot of the Cross and she brings us peace and love and Truth... She is so important to us!
It was such a gift to share Lourdes with Pat, who missed out when John and I came to France last minute shortly after John had his second chemo for Hallel's taking her habit and changing her name!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/johns-cancer-stories.html
Our two youngest seem to share huge moments in on their journey, and call me to deeper faith and prayer... LOVE!
The 3 granddaughters 2 weeks ago... back to the here and now!
Jesus, may we bravely go forth into our world sharing your Truth and LIGHT with no fear! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless, Barb
The Pat and Barb Verly family and their 5 children, in laws and grandkids along with many prayer warriors have been drawn together by John's cancer... sharing daily for 8 months started this blog- Family Soul Story - Our faith, family, farm and now our cancer journey called HEALING have colored and deepened our world. WE continue to share and depend on the support of our prayer warrior community, that has lowered us into the Lord's presence for His healing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment