Monday, July 15, 2019

Whoever loses his life for my sake will find it!/Giving it all to Him!


I then dropped Maria and her 6 tearfully at the airport, and drove from there to my parent's home in Wisconsin for some days.  Things are changing for my parents and there is a certain question as to their future and some sadness there, too.
After KC with Hallel, Maria drove to Wisconsin to spend some days with Joseph's parents while Pat and I worked a TEC retreat.  When we arrived home on Tuesday... they arrived and Hector and Jude were united with their smiling moms!

How I longed for this to happen!  I find that it was every bit as wonderful as I had hoped, but there is now a sadness and let down to not have them close, and know not when we will see them again.  Hubby is talking about taking a road trip before harvest, but now he is too busy with the crazy summer we are having.  With chances of rain over the next days... our prayers are that we will miss it.
Therese getting so many experiences with her Godmother, Aunt Hallel, and The Community of the Lamb!  Begging for flowers at a grocery store that were going to be thrown out and salvaging the nice ones for the chapel.  Flowers are always there to honor and adore Our Lord and Lady!
 Always a touch of beauty from flowers gifted them or from the neighborhood.
 The flower crew... I imagine that at first Hallel breathed a sigh of relief when we left after she fed us and dealt with the kids craziness.  I also think that like me... she missed them a lot, too!  I am so happy that she can share in our day to day lives more and us with her!
The kids helped with this arrangement in the refectory where we shared meals... they picked many of them in the gardens around the monastery.
 Helping with dishes... "My life is prayer and dishes."  The kids got a good dose of helping in the kitchen!
 Gus helping make food with Aunt Hallel.
 Hector getting to help a bit.
Feeding many mouths and how grandma loved this sight.  The Little Sisters smiled and laughed at this few days of Verly Family craziness!
 Not to be left out... 2 1/2 year old Evangaline helped wipe one piece of silverwear at a time.
 She is a doer and a charmer all in one!
It was special to see how Hallel and Evie got close and shared a closeness.
 Lifting Evie to give baby Jesus a kiss in the Grotto of the Nativity of Jesus...
 A kiss for Mary with the help of Hallel.
 Hallel had invited her family to come up and place our hands on Mary's and give her our needs and sufferings and intentions... Evie showed her love with a kiss!
Godmother with her 11 year old Goddaughter, Therese.

Reflecting on the deeper meaning of our times together a couple weeks ago, I see that although I am feeling a bit down and anxious about some things in my life... I have ways of dealing with them and placing them in the hands of Mary, my Mother of heaven and earth... knowing that she takes them to her Son.

There is so much in the Gospel today!  I see clearly that I am in no position to "find my life" in this mess I tend to make of things... rather I long to "lose my life" for the sake of Jesus - give up my anxiety and place it with him as Jesus is in control and I trust in Him!
 The 3 boys together!!!

My addiction to pictures is causing me a lot of sadness these days with no pictures.  It is pointing out to me that I do have some definite idols that I place before much else in my daily life.  I want to capture everything!!!  It doesn't count if I don't capture it in a picture.  I do place mother and father before my Lord, and on down the line!
"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me,
and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
and whoever does not take up his cross
and follow after me is not worthy of me.
Whoever finds his life will lose it,
and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it..."  Matthew 10

I want to capture and share endlessly my wonderful parents, my beautiful grandkids, my hunky husband, my wonderful life, my beautiful church... Lord, help and forgive me!
 The grandsons with grandma's endless insatiable need for pictures!  Sorry boys... I will try to do better!
 On grandma... you are a basket case!
 A masterpiece of life that needs to last me a long time.
My lawnmower is calling me, and I am giving it all to Him!

Jesus, I am longing to look only to you.  I am yours, and I can do nothing without your LOVE to direct and guide me.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah
 A quick stop around the barn this hot morning for the cows and calves...  now mowing in the heat.
 Calves following their moms back into the pasture.

Down the path to the creek to drink and cool off.  The green fields are behind other years.

No comments:

Post a Comment