Monday, July 22, 2019

Mary Magdalene... I found him whom my heart loves/Freed from the self-centeredness of suffering


Maria in Wisconsin visiting Joe's parents.. I will be borrowing her pictures today.

Nancy is on her way for an overnight visit to the farm and her old high school friend.  I am quickly reflecting on this powerful feastday today of St Mary Magdalene.  So very much she shows us in her total love and following of our Lord, her LOVE!


Pat and I side by side gutting chickens with the help of lots of family a few weeks back.

The first reading from Song of Songs today is a picture of that total and restless love Mary Magdalene had for our Lord.  He healed her of 7 spirits and it was so interesting to read this reflection today in the Magnificat...
Those healed by Jesus were freed not only from sickness, sin, or evil, but most especially from the potential self-centeredness of the suffering.

Wow!  Isn't it so true that we are looking inward at our selves when we are sick sinful and suffering?  When we give it all to Him in the confessional we can sever that self-centeredness and look to Jesus in everything!
s
Josephine and Evangeline checking out the feet and feathers of the chickens...  a growing experience for all!

Him whom my heart loves.
I sought him but I did not find him.
The watchmen came upon me,
as they made their rounds of the city:
Have you seen him whom my heart loves?
I had hardly left them
when I found him whom my heart loves.
Song of Songs 3

When we are miserable and Mary Magdalene certainly was a woman out of control as 7 spirits were controlling her... we are on this search for the Truth of True LOVE - the Cross and healing!  She definitely found HIM, and followed him to the Cross!  At his feet the Blood covered her and she "took the first Communion in his Blood!"  May we follow her example and ask her intercession today in allowing us to find him risen and filling us with His Holy Spirit... come fruits of The Spirit!  LOVE, Peace, JOY...
T
The 18 a few weeks back today Nancy will bring her 5 and later today they will have cousin time!  We have missed the Bandzuches after they lived here with us for the month of June.  Now they live only 2 1/2 hours away so coming together is much easier.  LOVE!

I must get moving here... a wave of family is about to hit and I am ready for the swim!
Psalm 63 is all that my heart and soul and mind is longing for and filled with LOVE/LIGHT/LIFE if only we embrace our Most Cherished Cross!
R. (2) My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
O God, you are my God whom I seek;
for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts
like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary
to see your power and your glory,
For your kindness is a greater good than life;
my lips shall glorify you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
Thus will I bless you while I live;
lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name.
As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied,
and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
You are my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy.
My soul clings fast to you;
your right hand upholds me.
R. My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.

LOVE this!!!

Jesus, how we love you with our all!!! May we die to self so that you may live in us.  May we take frequent opportunities to lay our burdens and sins at your feet in the confessional and leave our sin and self-centeredness behind.  May we love you with every breath that we take and every beat of our hearts.  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen and Hallelujah

How much do I love dressing little girls alike and doing their hair?  Too much!  After my 4 girls and then you had that boy... I am a goner!  Bless-bless, Barb and soon to be a full house for 24 hours.  LIFE is a gift to protected and cherished no matter the cost!
Image may contain: textI do believe this and experience it each new day!
Image may contain: 3 people

Danielle Rose - True love/The Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment