Saturday, March 20, 2021

"Like a trusting lamb..."/"I belong to my love, and his desire is for me." Song of Songs 7:11

Stunning picture of a mass for Bill's sister, Amy, as The Body and Blood are lifted up to heaven... 

"Through him, and with him, and in him, O God, almighty Father, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all glory and honor is yours, for ever and ever.  Amen"  

The reality of heaven and earth joining in this moment of Christ with us... St Joseph, St Ann with her daughter, Mary the Mother of God, and St John the Baptist and Angels with Amy and our loved ones on the journey to heaven!  

Jesus is REAL on the altar of every mass!  He also is humbly there in the consecrated host that is in the tabernacles and He is "thirsting" for our love and adoration!  How I love to have my time one on one with Jesus in Adoration each week!  The best hours of my week!

In the Office of Readings today dad had a lot to share from the the pastoral constitution on the Church in the modern world of the Second Vatican Council.  The answer is The Cross and Resurrection!
Find His love and direction through the "ordinary circumstances" of life.  How I love to look for Jesus in that way - the small things that fill our days... reading, praying, sharing his Truth, praying, helping where needed on the farm and family, making meals, cleaning, writing, all those things that make up our day to day life... watching cow TV.
Dad loved this and helped me to focus and take it to heart.  He lived here with me for 6 months on the farm - an entire growing season!  He shared his "religious life" with me as we did morning and evening prayer of The Church which he is called upon to do as a Permanent Deacon in The Church for 44 years! Our peaceful prayerfilled Farm Monastery!

 Now I am blessed with his well worn prayer books left behind for me, and "in Him, my Rock, there is no wrong."  How we shared our love for The Church with no reservations! Dad, mom and I were like minded and like in our spirit and soul!  This brings to mind and heart that words of Christ as he made St Peter the first Pope and "on this rock I will build my church."  So it continues to this day!  Jesus will not abandon his ship/Church!  

Such a sweet sharing from Brother Victor, dad's special monk, for this first day of spring!  "The Spring Lamb who is at the center of the throne..."  Hallel comes to mind once again and her Community of the Lamb and their motto they live by; "Wounded, I will never cease to love."  How the Lamb shows us how to be silent when we are hurt and wounded by those we love - those the closest to us!  Hard to do?  Indeed!  "God will wipe away all the tears from our eyes."  Rev 7:17

The verse that he begins with today from Song of Songs 2 is so filled with a very personal love as our beloved beckons us to come to him!  It touches a very powerful and deep well within me as Hallel/Susan, our nun, left a Song of Songs verse in her room when she left to enter religious life... "I belong to my love, and his desire is for me."  SOS 7:11  She answered with her life given to her Spouse Jesus Christ!  Such a sacrifice of total LOVE! 

 

A picture of Simon and Mary in 2008 just prior to Susan leaving for France.
Another surprise when looking back... the instillation of our beloved Bishop LeVoir in 2008!  This is powerful for me to see as I have been able to communicate with him lately and am richly blessed by his wonderful article in The Catholic Servant on St Pope JPII!  

He also gave me encouraging words to continue my ministry here! How I need that encouragement as I am shaky in my sharing of the Truth - I am totally committed to supporting and loving ALL the Church gives to me, but sometimes I just need an encouraging word.  Thank you, Bishop!  

How I pray for you and am so filled with gratitude and appreciation for how you have supported our nun daughter, John's year of seminary and his cancer battle, and your continued prayers for John!  You are a great man of Faith, and we pray for you!

This was also left behind in Susan's room when she left for France 13 years ago in 2008!  
How I wept when I saw this left behind with all her earthly possessions!  Such a testament of Jesus calling her to be His!  

Susan left to join The Community of the Lamb, and hence the first reading for today from Jeremiah 11 Yet I, like a trusting lamb led to slaughter..."  speaks of the Faith Hallel had to leave her family and country behind to follow her call.  She truly was called to die to self and leave all her earthly possessions behind.  Yet, what freedom to no longer have the car, the clothes, the TV, the phone... all that distracts and takes our eyes off of Jesus!  

Such a lesson to her old mom and I am so blessed to have an American foundation in the heart of the poor part of Kansas City, Kansas!  I can in half a day be there and am allowed to stay with my family of the Lamb and join them in prayer, mass and adoration morning and evening... I am allowed to share religious life with them - a life that I discerned for myself and brought me into The Catholic Church with the 13 in our family 50 years ago!

https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html


This happens so rarely - our 5 together in reality!  This is the last time, July 2018, and thanks to Pat's mother, it happened in Saint Pierre, France for Hallel's marriage to her Bridegroom, Jesus Christ - her final vows and around her neck she now wears The Lamb, Jesus Christ her spouse!  Hallel did get a home visit this summer, but it happened without warning so our military family was unable to join in body.

3 of our grandchildren were present also in the womb!  Maria with Hector, Nancy with George, and John's wife, Bobbi, with Jude!  Our 3 boys in 6 weeks also were in France in the wombs of their mothers!  LIFE is real from conception to natural death!  This week Jude will be the final one of the 3 to turn 2 years old on Friday March 26!  
21 around Hallel on this most joyous occasion - a brother, Al, missed the picture. 

 A picture of "the mountain" being moved by Faith!  What JOY fills my heart! Hallel is back there living this year, and to know that all of my kids, their spouses and older children have all been there and experienced their life and spiritual prayer and worship at the foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains -  so wonderful!  


Danielle Rose - Pursue me

Danielle Rose - True love/The Cross
Angels and Saints and our dead in heaven are with us united in the Eucharist!  For Pat and I with a nun daughter in France for the year and a daughter in the military with hubby and family 2 days trip away... we know that we are united in the Eucharist no matter where we find ourselves on any Sunday we are sharing our Faith and love of The Church and Jesus united as a family!
Danielle Rose - See you in the Eucharist
Pat and I made a trip down to visit our Community in KC before we got busy with calving!  They were surprised that we would come when Hallel was in France for the year.  Pat assured them that they are our family!  I also made them smile by bringing along the "paper Hallel" that had joined us for our family Christmas a week before.  In reality she is with us in spirit... I just love to see her, too!
The joy and gift of sharing in the religious life of my nun daughter!  I was reminded by a sister at a retreat once that I have my nun because of my own discerning of a call!  Yes!  I knew what an amazing choice this is - to be a bride of Christ, so I made of point of giving my girls the experience of being with nuns in habits - Schoenstatt camp!  Coming home from a week that Susan had attended - she told me that she thought she would be a nun!  
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: Susan Angela Agnes/Little Sister Hallel - the story of a Call

Our new granddaughter in the womb - soon she will join us by C-section on May 12th!  "Mom, I need you" from Maria as Captain Joseph will be deployed.  Many prayers as the fake plans and excitement build!  
Great times in KC in February with paper Hallel.  We even called her and spoke to her in France while we were there!  Such a gift!

Jesus, we love to have a Faith family where we can share our total love for Jesus, and His Bride, The Church!  A small slice of heaven we are given as Brother Victor shared today; "I will always treasure early springtime.  It is somehow an anticipation of the eternal spring we all await.  There, according to the Book of Revelation, we will never hunger or thirst again for the Spring Lamb who is at the center of the throne and who will be our shepherd and will lead us to springs of living water; and God will wipe away all the tears from our eyes(Rev 7:17)"  On this first official day of spring with the warm winds roaring outside... we smile at this picture of heaven we are staggering down the narrow path carrying/dragging our Most Cherished Cross!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Amen
Love this man... my Most Cherished Cross that I embrace to find LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT!  Who is sitting here beside me today, and "driving me nuts!" Bless-bless, Barbara
 Though I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be my light. - Micah 7:8b
 
 
“Our lives must be woven around the Eucharist...
fix your eyes on Him Who is the light;
bring your hearts close to His Divine Heart;
ask Him to grant you the grace of knowing Him,
the love of loving Him, the courage to serve Him.
Seek Him fervently.”
 
St Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Kutless- Holy of holies


No comments:

Post a Comment