Monday, March 29, 2021

Tenderness of Jesus - a bruised reed he will not break/LOVE=suffering!

Rose at work creating a visual reminder of The Glory of The Cross!  
From the outside looking in... The wood of the Cross fills this week with anticipation and appreciation of what our Savior took on our flesh and endured for us!   

In my many books left to me for Lent - 7 each morning - I read and am amazed and then kind of lose track of where I was led deep.  Today I knew that there was a powerful sharing on how we are called to suffer in order to experience True LOVE - the Cross!  I finally found it in mom's Pope Benedict XVI daily, Benedictus, Day by Day with Pope Benedict XVI!    Mom had lovingly read it daily for 10 years in a row!  I have to admit that he is very intelligent as was my mother, and there are many days that I am confused and overwhelmed.  The last 2 days, however, have been powerful and filled with Truth!
Every word and thought is a pearl today... the bell that it rings within me is that of how marriage calls us to die to self - "the Big Cross" - so that we may embrace our Most Cherished Cross and find it to be the Tree of LIFE/LOVE/LIGHT!
Yesterday was also a wonderful reminder of how we find True Happiness when we ask the Lord to reveal his plan for us!  The world's thinking that we should pursue "our dreams and desires" is selfish and the happiness we find there is fleeting and superficial.  Every card I make for my grandkids or young people making a TEC retreat or graduating from HS... I always point out that the Lord has a wonderful plan just for them, and what JOY they will experience if they leave all behind to follow HIM!  I especially remind them of the beautiful option of being called to religious life or the priesthood.  Such an amazing call to give their ALL!  
Danielle Rose - Pursue Me

Watercolor butterflies with JOY for my Easter tree!
Big Dave helping his old grandma cut my lilac branch/Easter tree.  First time with a power tool!  An electric saw in place of the usual back and forth saw.
Breaking off last years' lilacs as soon they will burst forth in my house and there will be leaves by Easter Sunday!
David's 5 ducklings are growing quickly and a sure sign of spring on the greening grass.
Simon herding the ducklings as we enjoyed a nice Sunday afternoon.  A family job called all away except Joy and I - she napped and I watched cow TV.
Mary's 2 bottle goats were out enjoying the sunshine and following their adoptive mother, Mary, around the yard.  The family went to get a yard ready for the 40 cows and calves to be able to get outside into that sunshine, too.  Many hands make for a quick job, and it is reported that they look wonderful this morning - enjoying the fresh winds and the warm sun.
Joy and grandma working on a butterfly for my Easter tree of her birthday card as she will join the 2 other 4 year olds in 2 days!  
Teaching her to use skin color on faces, hands and legs rather than black or blue.
Lots of painting going on as we are now into Holy Week.
Cow TV showing the chickens visiting the cow barn just across the way from their new chicken house.  Ruth says that so far they are laying their eggs in the house, and going back there at night to roost and sleep.  But the cows are kind of stirred up when they get into their pens.
Combined effort of Joy and grandma... Evie was 4 on Nov 1st, Josephine on May 10th, and Joy will be 4 on March 31st.  They will all be 4 for a month and a half!
I will use this for her birthday card!  
Overlapping with John in the middle of the night!  How we love Jesus - adoring Him!

Such powerful readings at mass today!  I have fake plans to go to mass tonight, and share in Jesus in Word, Body and Blood!  The first reading today from Isaiah 42
Here is my servant whom I uphold,
    my chosen one with whom I am pleased,
Upon whom I have put my Spirit;
    he shall bring forth justice to the nations,
Not crying out, not shouting,
    not making his voice heard in the street.
A bruised reed he shall not break,
    and a smoldering wick he shall not quench...
"My Lord, and my God... I love and adore you and give you all the praise and glory to the highest heavens!"

How I love to read this meditation by amazing Servant of God Catherine de Hueck Doherty... Breaking open our Vases - as the Gospel is Jesus dining with the risen Lazarus, his sisters, Mary and Martha...Mary anointed his feet with scented oil and dried them with her hair!
My day is getting away from me, so I will share them in picture form rather than typing these beautiful words here...  I love how this infinite tenderness and gentleness - much like the spotless Lamb!
So beautifully written and speaking of how we should approach this Holy Week and give ALL the love and honor and glory to Him!  


Joy's Birthday card on my Easter tree for a few days and then it will become her card!
Each year I do a cross and a butterfly... two years ago John's wedding and Hallel's final vows in France!
Evie and Joy babies 4 years ago!  Also the Cross I made last year in honor of my mother, who had passed away just weeks before Easter!  

This year, of course, my dad will have the honor of The Cross for 2021 as he died 5 months ago here in my home after being on hospice for 6 months!  Such a powerful and for the most part peaceful as we with the help of hospice modeled a "natural death."
John and Bobbies' Engagement 3 years ago...
The 6 grandchildren and 7 children in heaven with Jesus and Mary.  There are thankfully no updates to add this year.  Thank you, Lord, for interceding and allowing our newest granddaughter, Maggie Rose, to stay here and add more love to our domestic Church/family.  Due by C-section on May 12th!  
My butterfly for last year - Ruth and Paul on the farm!  How we love and are grateful for our young farm family making our farm alive and actively feeding the world!
The butterfly Joy made for our tree - 2021!  Soon the buds and leaves will burst forth in time for Easter Sunday!  LOVE my Easter tree year after year, and how I can have these precious keepsakes to recall the wonderful blessings year after year, as Jesus is in control of my life and sharing our Faith as a family is our greatest gift!  Bless-bless, Barbara
Holy Week “If you suffer with Him, you will reign with Him. If you cry with Him, you will have joy with Him. If you die with Him on the Cross of tribulation, you will possess the eternal dwelling place in the splendor of the saints. And your name, written in the Book of Life, will be glorious among men.” – St. Clare of Assisi

Peter Mayer - Holy Now



 

No comments:

Post a Comment