Mom sent a picture of her with her wished for breakfast... "She has been influenced by Verly Sunday Brunches. She requested parfaits for her birthday breakfast." How we love that our family traditions are enjoyed and shared no matter what separates us.
This summer in front of our huge cottonwood tree for a back to school picture - Maria homeschools her 6 going on 7 as they are in the military and are stationed in different places every few years. They are currently in Fort Lewis, WA - a 2 day trip for Pat and I over the mountains and back, but we love to go and see them and the country!
Such a wonderful oldest child for Maria... Therese has a heart for LIFE and for the poor. Therese is doting on the new babies that mom brings home, and I am sure that it will be true for her new baby sister due on May 12th by C-section!
With the sharing of my page on the traumatic birth of Patrick on St Patrick's day yesterday... I reread it and was deeply amazed to be reminded of the many miracles that happened after he was born dead and brought back to life!
https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-story-of-little-lamb-grandson.html
Responding to a sharing of someone, who had a similar traumatic birth, and suffers from PTSD
is this worry something you are experiencing as a result of the traumatic birth or is it in your child? Or both? I do not see this in my daughter since. In rereading my page devoted to grandson, Patrick, I was reminded of the decision I was called to make for her as she lay in surgery after the rupturing of her uterus..."Does your daughter want more children?" I knew without a doubt that the answer was "Yes", but on the other hand I wanted her life to be saved at all costs. Then to hear later from the surgeon that did save her uterus about the miraculous stopping of the uncontrolled bleeding they were trying to stop! Why am I reliving this today with so much amazement? Because on May 12th Maria will have a C-section to deliver her 7th child! That means that she has had 4 more children since Patrick! So many prayers surround each one from the moment we know they are in the womb until they come into the world! This time as with Patrick... Captain Joseph will be deployed to Afghanistan from mid April for 3 months! This time he is a lawyer in the army and should not be in harm's way! Maria's words to her mom; "Mom, I will need you." For a mother to hear that is a very deep and powerful pull of the heart strings. I was with her for a month of base in El Paso for Patrick, and it brought Joseph home to be at the side of his wife and son. What JOY! Maria has had Romeo and Evangeline spend a few days in NICU also as they did not breath perfectly right away as they are early deliveries to protect her uterus from tearing again. But they were both the healthiest babies in there and soon home with their family. I am already praying that we will not have this bump in the road with their new daughter, Magdalene Rose Mary! But we take it a day at a time. Please know that I pray for you along with my girls, that you may have that peace and Trust! Jesus, is in control of our lives on this journey - of that I have been reminded in most powerful ways! I think of my 20 year old son's brain cancer journey 12 years ago. When we called France to tell his sister, Little Sister Hallel, a nun that he had cancer in his brain..."mom, do you remember the Gospel today?" "Yes, it was Jesus calming the storm." Mark 4:35-41 "Well, mom this is the storm and Jesus is in control." Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless,
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: John's cancer stories
Therese with our 2 grandsons, David! Her brother younger than her is Little Dave, and then there is Big Dave, who is one of our farm kids - he will join Therese at 13 in July.Imagine the feelings of wonder I am experiencing at realizing that I was given the call to save Maria's uterus or not as she lay in surgery after delivering Patrick. Then to hear about the miraculous stopping of the bleeding! Jesus, was definitely in control and his plan was for Maria to welcome 4 more children into her family! I am in awe!!!
This girl has been such a lesson to her grandma of dying to self and serving others! I learn at her feet and am humbled by her loving and caring.
I loved this from Brother Victor and dad today! I just smiled and giggled to myself!
The last line is the bomb! "In truth, one does not have to do battle for the last place, since very few aspire to such a position. In choosing to always be last, we are left alone with God, and no one can disturb this intimate communion." Yes!!!!! Alone with our Lord in intimate Communion in my inner chapel if only I am humble and look to go to the lowest place! No one is fighting you for that spot!
From a book of Mother Teresa's quotes for Therese's birthday today speaks of what Maria and Joseph have in their home! They pray the rosary together daily, and mass as often as possible during the week. Truly there is fruit from their family prayer in their wonderful obedient children that love the Lord and the poor!
Another St Patrick's day tea party with St Patrick's ice cream cone with green sprinkles and Joy in green for the occasion! I am one lucky grandma!
I was reminded of my father today in the Gospel when Jesus tells those doubting him - "I came in the name of my Father" John 5... From my father to his children - "How many times the scripture tells us to honor the Name. In the Old Testament when God reveals His Name to Moses, the very ground where it occurs is declared holy, and God's holy name is so sacred that the Old Testament substitutes "Lord" for every occurrence of the NAME - YAHWEH. He is our Father, ABBA."
I traveled with them to PA, and was there for the last week of Amy's life after a year and a half battle against Pancreatic cancer! It was very hard on Bill and his family, and it just is calling for us to go and show our love and support!
Family Soul Story - Choose Life!: First Sunday of Lent - 40days in the desert/My heart remains in PA/Tears at mass for Faith discovered through suffering and lived out!
Joy and Teddy their puppy with a snowy nose on the farm. We had our 3rd set of twins last night. It is starting to look like another big year of twins! Lots of prayers and up during the night!
The one surviving baby kitten is loved a lot! The year of the "N" for the calves so they named her Nicole - she is a female for sure as she has 3 colors of a calico - always female, and a mini me of her mother. Nicole had 4 other kittens for siblings but they died from exposure as mother cat had them on the porch and it got cold that night. Life and death is a common occurrence on the farm.
Dominic Patrick on his feast day got to celebrate with a shamrock shake! Every night when his family gathers to pray they include their family litany of Saint! Dominic is always quick to pray for both of his saints - St Dominic and St Patrick. He certainly loves both of his namesakes including being named after his farmer grandpa, Patrick!
Out with Pat as he checked on our new barn with about 25 pairs in it a mile from the farm. "They look comfortable in there out of the weather."
A few curious baby calves got close to check me out, and posed for the camera!
The vigil light reminds us that our Lord Jesus is there on the altar! "We are alone with God, and no one can disturb that intimate Communion." Brother Victor and dad this morning! LOVE to have this time and truly it is the best hour of my week with my Jesus!
A picture of my inner temple - today even though I will have a car full on our 2 1/2 hour trip to Delano... Ruth will be busy getting homework done on the road and I will have my rosary beads passing through my fingers in our chapel on wheels! LOVE!
Jesus is alive and thirsting for my love! I am overwhelmed by his LOVE/LIFE/LIGHT that flows all around me on this journey of Faith/Family/Farm!
Jesus!! with every beat of my heart and every breath that I take!
Danielle Rose - writes her songs in front of Jesus in Adoration! Her music has been with us ever since we saw her at NCYC in 2000 in Indianapolis - she is from Duluth and sang for the Minnesota group - Give and Take. So powerful and Catholic as is all her music! Before Susan left for France to join The Community of the Lamb she played over and over this song called True Love- the Cross! I weep most times I listen to it, as it speaks of her love for her spouse Jesus Christ! Bless-bless, BarbaraDanielle Rose - Give and TakeDanielle Rose - True LOVE - the Cross!














No comments:
Post a Comment