Thursday, March 4, 2021

Sharing my story never gets old/Love, love, LOVE The Church - "like a tree planted beside the waters" Jeremiah 17

Birdie will be 10 months in just a few days!  Can she be anymore sweet and adorable?  Her whole life lies before her and it would be wonderful if she would be a pianist, but whatever she will become - she brings so much JOY and more LOVE to her family!
Is this not stunning and such a glorious view of heaven forever with Jesus and here with Him in his Body and Blood and Word?  I RSVP - that I will come to you each day, my Lord!  I love you and your Bride, The Church!

https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/the-amazing-story-of-13-becoming.html

https://familysoulstory.blogspot.com/p/my-most-cherished-cross-patrick-gerard.html

Today I shared these pages on Fb... I wrote them 8 years ago to share often my journeys of coming into The Church and my marriage stories of my 7 in heaven and 5 with us...

I shared this...

Much like Scott Hahn my dad was a Protestant minister and The Catholic Church with The Eucharist and Mother Mary was a dark and misunderstood place. It Truly was a conversion starting with my parents, where on an Ignatian retreat dad was reading Isaiah 55:1-2 and the Holy Spirit led him into The Church! I was looking at religious life at the time, and hence when dad asked 20 year old me, if I wanted to come into The Church - 'Yes! I want to be a nun, so I want to be Catholic!" I was then led to marriage instead. Through his sister I was led to a man, who had told his family that he would only marry a Catholic. Did his prayers for me bring our entire family into The Church? As determined as Patrick Verly is... I have no doubt that they were instrumental in our conversion story! Each day in The Church has been a total gift and blessing to me! I see that The Catholic Church is the True Church, and my conversion is complete! I am not a Catholic that picks and chooses what I believe or follow - I totally follow ALL that the Church gives to me! I love, love, LOVE, The Church with every breath that I take and every beat of my heart! Jesus, we trust in you. Bless-bless

LOVE this - I am given so much with each new day from the Saints, Mary, my Mother of heaven and earth, My parents from heaven, The Sacraments and the Sacramentals - the rosary,which allows me to pray without ceasing!  How I love and need to have help with "the monotony of my sins."

The Psalm for today is what I am given with each day thanks to Jesus , Mary and The Church...

Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
    whose hope is the LORD.
He is like a tree planted beside the waters
    that stretches out its roots to the stream:
It fears not the heat when it comes,
    its leaves stay green;
In the year of drought it shows no distress,
    but still bears fruit...  Psalm 1

A memory some years back with mom and dad... in a couple days we will have a big day of celebration for my dad's birthday on Saturday.  Starting with a mass here in our church in Marshall for him at 8a!  Breakfast here, and then up to visit their graves and have a meal with my brother, Dan, who shares a birthday with my dad.  Very excited indeed!  Jesus, we trust in you.  Bless-bless, Barbara

I can only imagine - Mercy Me
Kutless - take me to the holies of holy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment