Tuesday, November 16, 2010

AMAZING! O God of Light and Glory!

Today being the feastday of St Margaret of Scotland, and being able to attend mass and hear Father remind us of marriage... St Margaret was married to a king and had 8 children and when he died... she devoted herself to the poor as well as being a wonderful mother to her children!  How we are pulled in so many directions these days... What a challange it is to not get distracted by all the "work out of the home", running and then the TV and internet in our free time... where do we find the time for prayer and for the sharing of faith with our families from a day to day occurance?  Much less to look outside of our little world and remember the poor and the needy in our midst?




I have so many wonderful examples of mothers younger than I... probably the generation after me would be the best way to describe them...They are homeschooling for the most part, and feel that this is the best way for them to teach their children not only the things they would learn in school, but also the faith shared with them in their "domestic church" - their home!  I have one young mother, who is thrilled that the less time it takes her to teach her daughters (2) in her home..."We then go out into the community with some of that extra time and volunteer where needed - whether it be the food shelf or go to the nursing home." Wow!  That is wonderful to make your kids aware of reaching out to others at a young age, and also to model for them how we treat those around us in need as Christ in our midst!

I just came across a show of EWTN last evening featuring both Scott and Kimberly Hahn... They have both written books on family and marriage lately and were in very excited terms sharing with the person interviewing them as well as each other.. with faces beaming with joy.... I just went on line and ordered them to read.  I was very touched by the similarities of our views and even down to Kimberly sharing that they now have 6 children and 3 losses...  Yet, also sharing the joy of these little ones that are with them and in heaven and how they are a "light" and "life" no matter how brief and that they had a purpose and continue.  It is wonderful to get that encouragement and support... I have shared often how I feel very alone in my total acceptance of all the Church upholds.. so it was wonderful to hear Kimberly speak and know that there are some out there like me... and she has been blessed with the joy as a result of embracing the Truth!  I am sure when I have her book in hand and will be reading it... there will be a tidal wave of sharing! 

If you are unfamiliar with Scott and Kimberly... you can get a free CD of their conversion story!  Go to this site http://www.catholicity.com/cds/hahn.html.. He has been responsible for a huge number of people coming into the Church!  He was a Protestant Minister, like my dad, who was trying to prove that the Catholic Church was wrong and "of Satan" and instead... proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is the true Church!  If you ever want to read a book that is written to help Catholics understand their faith... look him up.  He has written many books on everything from Mary to the Eucharist and now on marriage and famiy! 
He writes in a way of someone, who is totally blown away by the Lord's direction in his life, and wants the world to understand the TRUTH that he has found while following the direction of the Lord!  Watching the joy and excitement of this amazing couple last night in the journey they have been blessed with... it was very inspiring and such a delight in the face of the lies that are misleading so many out there, and so many within our own church!  Lord, may these on fire and right on Catholics reach out and touch those that are confused and misled with your TRUTH!  Show us small and insignificant followers of yours and your amazing Church... how to reach out and share the LIGHT and LIFE! 

A year ago at Ruth and Paul's... today I had to bring over my camera as they have the donkeys in front of their barn that are entertaining people at night at the High Schools around with Donkey Basketball... So......

Davey delighted Grandma!  I hope that you get a good chuckle too!  I am just kind of filled with so much appreciation for mothers and how wonderful it is when you see the TRUTH!  The fact that life is to be cherished and only naturally prevented if it is necessary... like my daughter, Ruth, who ruptured her uterus while trying to V back with her second child after a Csection!  How she loves family and was open to many children, but the Lord made her slow down and learn Creighton Model and even become an instuctor!  She is now using this to carefully and prayerfully add to her own family... Being told to have no more children by her GP here in town - the local Planned Parenthood doctor - she got a second opinion from a Catholic Pro Life doctor, who told her to allow her uterus to heal a year and then try again... David is her gift! 

With Mass, Adoration, Donkeys, and Grandkids and now the first evening shift at the nursing home... I am writing later today and it will be midnight when I return... I am thinking that those early hours are the best for me to pour out my heart and soul to you!  Maybe I get a bit long winded, as my wonderful husband points out to me, when I don't have those distractions coming at me... Sorry, if I discourage you in that way! 

Jesus, life is so colorful and alive with all the wonders of growing up and embracing our faith and families!  Growing up even for us older ones is a gift that our amazing Church always offers us with each day and each hour and each minute and each second... every breath that we take and every beat of our hearts is an opportunity to pray and give ourselves to You... in our families, in the poor, in the world around us!  You are everywhere we live!  Jesus, we trust in you!  Amen and Halleluia!

Bless-bless, Barb
"No one has seen God.  The only Son, Jesus, who is at the Father's side, has revealed HIM."  John 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment