I am so happy and excited - Nancy and Bill's wedding pictures arrived with Nancy and Bill for a weekend on the farm! This is the first time they see each other! It brings tears to my eyes to see the emotions and tenderness and LOVE! Such a gift they felt at that moment... they had been blessed with in waiting and praying and trusting that although the wait was longer than they had hoped for...now they could see God's plan and hold that special plan and vocation in their arms! Too amazing! Such a delightful moment that we are allowed to see and rejoice with them! Too special!
Nancy just left to take lunch out to the field...Bill is driving the big tractor and John is along with him... Her dad is cutting trees behind the grain bins on the edge of the same field... this is where we lived from when we were first married then for the first 10 years of our family life! We had all 4 girls there and then moved over to our current farm where we had John the following year. The girls all have fond memories of our first home... mostly from pictures. Those were some of my cherished nest years!
Things are moving slowly and with family here for the weekend... I want to get this done. I am sharing a "little echoe" from the mission trip of the Community of the Lamb in July of 2006. This entry is entitled - Peace be to this House!
"Whatever house you go into, let your first words be , 'Peace be to this house!' " Luke 10: 5
This is what the Lord told us to do. The Apostles said these words,and so did our fathers, ST Dominic and ST Francis, when they went out to beg for bread.
But it isn't easy for me to say "Peace be with this house!" Deep inside myself I ask, "Who do you think you are to pronounce this blessing?" But I say it all the same, knowing that I do not knock on doors on my own behalf, but sent by Him, through the office of His Church. So it is with humility and love that I bring out the words, "Peace be to this house."
Laura tells us to come in. Widowed 2 years ago, she now lives in a small house with her two children, and her friend Teresa. While Laura prepares supper, Teresa shows us her bedroom. "Come and see my little altar!"
Above the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe there is a picture of Jesus, dressed as a pilgrim, knocking at the door. In front of her litttle altar Teresa begins to cry. She tells us about the death a few days ago of her mother, back home in Mexico. She wasn't able to go back and spend her mother's final days with her. She didn't have the documents that would allow her to return afterwards to the United States. Moved, we prayed with her.
"Today, Teresa, Jesus sent us to knock on your door. He remains in your house, and he will bring you peace."
Later, Laura serves supper. We continue to talk. Suddenly she says - twice - with conviction: "I don't know what is happening, but I feel great peace, within myself, and in the house."
"And if a man of peace lives there
Your peace will go and rest on him." (Luke 10:6)
Lord, You are the one who stands at the door and knocks.
It is You who blesses our houses with Your peace.
It is You who are our peace.
I hope that once again you enjoyed one of the "stories" from when they go out in pairs to represent Christ knocking on doors of the poor - they are begging for their food and they call these times -Missions! I think that we can be along with them as they experience the small ways, yet healing ways, that Jesus touches the people that they come in contact with.... gently and quietly and beautifully! I need to go and be with my family now... all the best to you all on this November weekend!
"I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8: 38-39



No comments:
Post a Comment