Monday, November 15, 2010

"Swimming in the rosary." Daughter, Liz

The Eucharistic chapel in the crisis pregnancy center where Maria worked for her years in St Paul... So important to have our source of Life there in the midst of this ministry to protect LIFE! 
Today is the day that we started John's 6 weeks of radiation a year ago....  Today John is very much in our prayers as he is involved in a big interview process for a summer intern job with a huge seed company... He called at 5:30a as he headed out the door asking for us to be lifting him up... How important that prayer has become in our lives! 
John's radiation was later on this day, during our weeks in the Cities traveling back and forth from our daughter's home in St Paul last November and December ... so I went along with Maria and Therese to her job... Little 1 1/2 year old Therese is very "at home" in the chapel with Jesus. How powerful it all was in the midst of our struggling to save John's life... to be in this place where those that "see" life and the truth of it... fight with all the spiritual forces to save life!  Jesus, hear our pleas and use us to protect and save lives! 
John had just had his amazing prayer for healing at the 8a mass this last weekend a year ago!   The next day we started the fearful radiation to rid his brain of the cancer!  How we needed to TRUST!








Therese giving Jesus a kiss!    Lord, it is so beautiful beyond measure to see the delight and pure love that the little ones have for those that Love them!  They love mommy and daddy and learn to love grandma, but they sense Your amazing truth and Love... they love YOU dear Lord without reservation!   That is such a beautiful prayer to throw you a kiss!  I think that will be how I start and end prayer from now on!  Too amazing!  I was told after my talk over the weekend that this is my word... I guess that there is no other that truly captures the joy and peace in my heart as a result of His love and concern!  Prayer is the constant state of my life... I cling to Him for all and in all and with all that I face with each day!
I will be sharing the pictures from a year ago... our family gathered at the 8a mass to have John's healing prayer with the entire church full of family,friends and prayer warriors!  Our children were with us in body and in spirit, and it was so powerful!  My parents had driven 12 hours to bring a relic of a great healer - Venerable Solanus Casey!  How we prayed for the miracle!


We are forever changed by the prayers of the last year... and this morning is a powerful one of prayer for John and many intentions that have come to our attention over the last days.  Pat and I rose early for morning prayer, and before breakfast said a decade of the rosary for John and all those that are heavy on our hearts this day!  The rosary!  How I love it!  I laughed and cried at the same time... not a pretty thing to behold... last evening when my "daughter", Liz told me of her life as a convert and deep love for Mary..."I feel like I am swimming in the rosary.  I feel like it is a big peaceful blue lake and the waves are lapping on the shore.  I float in the blue of her mantle!"  Now that is the epitome of PEACE!

I know that I feel immediate peace when I get to say the 9 decades that I pray each day... and what a beautiful explanation this was!  It warmed me and filled me with such a poetic joy!  My children are such a gift to me and to have the "spiritual daugthers and sons that I have been blessed with through TEC, Church, and life... it is all that much more special for me!  It was a powerful night of prayer... Jesus, we need you and trust in you!

A year ago today... PRAYER... we were overwhelmed by the waves of love and power and might!  WE learned to give up the struggle and to be taken under by the Power of Prayer!  WE discovered that we could breath and live a life totally in His Control!  WE learned the lesson of TRUST!  You will not die except to self!  You will come out of the darkness of despair into the LIGHT!




The Gospel for today!  Luke 18: 35-45

The Blind man by the road, when he hears a large group of people passing and asks what is happening.  "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by."  .... "Jesus, have pity on me!"  He yells to him!  That was us and continues to be us as we face each day as a united force of prayer! 




I love it when our Lord speaks to us in scripture!
"Jesus stopped and ordered that he be brought to him and when he came near, Jesus asked him,'What do you want of me to do for you?'  Jesus told him, 'Have sight; your faith has saved you.'"  We have been given the light in the midst of the "blindness" of fear and the unknown of the darkness of all those things that overwhelm us and shock us out of our hohum day to day existance... our busy and distracted lives! 


The 15th was a beautiful day last year!  Nancy and boyfriend now husband, Bill, were game for some pictures by the bales in the field behind our house! 

There is some craziness going on here concerning some work pants and a sewing machine and a husband and a storage closet... I might return to this in a bit... I am a bit distracted at this point in time.  The waves of life are making me kind of dingy in the head...  Jesus, have pity on me!





I am back yet still in a distracted place of sorts... I felt that I could have gone on much longer, but I think that this is a sign to me that I should pray and be done with this outpouring for today.  My husband does feedback me on how long winded I can be... and wonders if it gets to be too much for those that read.  Probably! 

Jesus, we love you and call out to you as we are filled with many distractions of life as well as those huge issues that make us fall to our knees!  How we need you and may we not forget to yell at the top of our spiritual lungs for you to Have Pity on Us!  We know that you are reaching out to us with your nailscarred hands and have total love and mercy for us in our blind and desperate state!  "Have sight; your faith has saved you."  We rejoice and ... we immediately receive our sight and "follow him, giving glory to God!"  That is it!  We must follow where you lead and always give Glory to God!  You reveal to us the face of God!  One of unending and eternal love and forgiveness! 


The more helpless and lost we are the more you come searching for us to return us to you!  We need you Jesus and we love you and we trust in you!  You lead us to your Truth! We are swimming in your love and the amazing joy that you give us with your life among us!  We love to see you face to face..  Your Word is our food as well as your Bread of Heaven and Earth... We are filled with the nourishment that gives us LIFE!  Amen and Halleluia! 
Bless-bless, Barb
"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches, wisdom and strength , honor and glory and blessing."
"To the one who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor, glory and might, forever and ever."  Revelations 5: 12-13

Danielle Rose


A Mother's Song lyrics

I remember the night you came into this world.
I was trembling as they placed you in my arms.
Your body warmed my hands as I held you to my side,
And I wept with joy at the sound of your cry.

I remember the day you spoke your first words.
You said "Abba!", raised your eyes to the sky.
As the years passed by, you grew in wisdom and in grace;
Though I taught you how to walk
You taught me how to walk in faith

Refrain:
And I loved you then. I love you still.
I will love you til forever passes by.
From the cradle to the grave, my love
Remains the same.
You will find me by your side, by your side

I remember the day you made the blind man see.
I was standing in the crowds when you looked and smiled at me.
People saw your glory;
They believed and they were healed.
But not even I your mother knew what was to be revealed

Refrain

And I remember the day you carried the cross.
I met you on the road to calvary.
I was pierced with sorrow; I was full of grace.
Child, let me die for you I would gladly take your place.
Just as I stood at the foot of your cradle,
I stood at the foot of your cross.
I am here my child; you are not alone.
I'll be with you til you're safe back in your Father's home.

I remember the night you died for this world.
I was trembling as they placed you in my arms.
They took your body from the cross, and I held you to my side.
I wept bitterly my child was crucified.

And I loved you then. I love you still.
I will love you til forever passes by.
From the cradle to the grave, my love remains the same.
You will find me by your side,
You will find me by your side
You will find me by your side
I just had to go and see if I could find some of Danielle's lyrics from her rosary CD...I did!  I have used this one many times when I have given talks at retreats!  She wrote all of her songs in front of the blessed sacrament!  This is the song she wrote for the Crucifixion mystery... she wrote a song for every mystery of the rosary including  the new Luminous mysteries! I am sure that you can get her music on line...Her music is so amazing!  There I go again!

















·

No comments:

Post a Comment